Thread: Drama, yay :<

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd stay with my friends. Unless you are racing for realm first hc raid achievements, they'll find out the guild is terrible soon enough.... Or it wont be terrible and you wouldnt mind staying - win/win as i see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The grass is always greener on the other side. I was in a less than successful guild in wotlk (my 10m group were the only players in a fairly large guild to ever down LK...back during 10 percent buff), and several raiders dropped guild. I was tempted myself, and still am, but I can tell you none of the raiders who left enjoyed any success. If you don't like your guildies at all, then yes, I would leave...but WITH your friends. Switching to Alliance will do nothing for you (I would say the same btw if you were an Ally considering Horde). I am in a similar spot...not too happy with my guild, or even my server, but I am giving my guild another shot in Cata. I've been mostly away for months as IC stagnated, but being in a guild is usually better than looking for a guild. I know for a fact that while my guild isn't the most talented it is also not filled with shitheads, which have become quite prevalent in WoW (at least on my server). I am sticking with my few close friends in-game and won't guild drop unless we see things not getting better.

Long story short---don't ditch your friends, have patience with your guild. Try and make a positive impact in your guild. You have time, if things don't improve try and talk to your friends again about going your own way with them...chances are if you give your guild a shot with them and are still fail they will see your side of the argument more clearly.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by Deepstroke View Post
    I cannot stress enough that you should stay with friends. They are what make the game fun, not the guild or raid progression, friends.
    That would be a good idea, but with RealID you can still talk to your friends... If he doesn't like playing Horde, then he could go Alliance. He would find a Guild to his liking and make in game friends. He'd still be able to talk to his friends through RealID.
    Last edited by RedDragon4275; 2010-12-02 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Deleted
    Just chill its just a game m8
    You can alway's make new friends!

10+ Year Old Account
    go alliance, find a ncie friendly guild that progresses reasonably well, then tell your friends how great it is and get them to transfer :P

a good guild can change everything, my guild is the only thing stopping me from transfering horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Honestly though I'd be amazed if the xpac took that long, even taking Blizzard's soon(tm) into consideration. If it doesn't come out before October it means there are some serious issues behind the scenes and it's time to abandon ship like an Italian cruiseliner captain.

If you hate the guild but want to keep playing with your friends, leave the guild but stay with your friends.

If they stop being friends with you over something petty like that, they probably weren't very good in the first place.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Add them on Real ID

You don't have to be playing with them 24/7, and if you aren't going to enjoy the game on Horde side, why would you even bother to keep playing?

Tell them you're gonna switch to alliance whether they want to or not, then switch and see if any of them follow you. I'm willing to bet if at least one doesn't do the same, they will consider it after a little while.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted
    just do what you feel is the best thing for yourself. i know people enjoy playing with their friends but its not "all" about them
    you should try talking to them too maybe they wont listen but atleast you've tried

Just level an alli. Dont faction change when you have people playing already in a server.
    You might be going through disappointment because in my opinion horde has no reason to want to be alli in the first place, and believe me i can't count the times drama has caused me to act falsely in wow.

Just get a break from your guild, let your friends sort things out by themselves, level the alli you realy want at the moment (cata has brought some realy interesting quests that will keep you interested) but dont faction change unless you're ultimately disappointed.

I have friends playing in different servers and tbh it works better with me. I can always join a guild and have fun while i chat with my cross realm friends. Having friends in your guild is just prone to causing drama at some point. Some roll you lost to your friend, some fight over some mistake in a bossfight etc, etc.

The bad thing with wow is that people sometimes take things too seriously. I mean ok i'd get pissed any time if someone ninjaed my loot but i dont see things in all seriousness like it's the end of the world.

As far as my opinion for your friends goes, leave the guild and they will follow. A guild that is breaking over drama cannot be fixed. I stubled into 4 drama breaking guilds in tbc and we almost met and became friends IRL. It's a good thing i managed to avoid it.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Deleted
    reroll alliance, end of discussion!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP dont let others determine how you play the game, do whats better for YOU. worst case, you just casually play with your horde friends whenever you have down time or just talk to them with real ID. but really, it boils down to what YOU want, not other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll an alt on Alliance and slowly convince them to come also.
    "When there is an evil justice cannot defeat, what would you do? Would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you carry out your own justice and succumb to that evil?". - Code Geass

Also, here is a link to my Döppelganger ^_^

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you play this game to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it as you're playing now, I think you should leave the guild and transfer, so you can play the way you like. Unless you absolutely need to play with your three friends, you'll make plenty of contacs on the Alliance side and you'll have a way better time playing.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP: Its fun to play with friends, but your subscription isn't coming out of their pocket. Do whatever will make you enjoy the game, otherwise there's no sense playing. If your friends get mad because of this, then they're bad friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave them and play what you want. You can still play alts and talk through battlenet and you'll be much happier doing what you want to do instead of following people around.

At least I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Switch the guild stay horde there is no point to switch to ally when you dont have friends or I dont see a point just because your guild sux + its a waste of money that you may spend on a extra month or something... Also most guild change alot during the leveling of the expansion (many lame guilds turn in very very good raiding guilds)... But mostly do what you want :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    Hey guys.

So i have this drama going on in-game. 3 of my friends and i are playing horde in a dead-end guild that in my honest opinion has absolutely no chance to get past heroics in Cataclysm.
    Bad players, bad attitude, bad everything.

But it's not really where the drama starts from.
    I really don't want to be horde. I personally preffer alliance much more and therefore i want to switch. The other 3, on the other hand, really don't want to. They want to give the guild a chance, try their luck on horde, cause they just like the aesthetics of the faction more, i guess.

What am i supposed to do? I'm asking others for ideas here , cause i ran out of those. Tried convincing them, tried pointing out why this would fail, ect. ect.
    Naturally, it didn't work.
    And now im faced with the choice of either staying horde with my friends, barely enjoying the game or go alliance, on my own and try my luck there.

Any thoughts?

P.s. Faction-related-trolls can die in a fire right away.
    You're paying for your account, not your friends. If you want to enjoy the game, play how you want, if you want to enjoy your friends company, grab a beer, play some a pickup football game, or do whatever tickles your fancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what you want and just don't burn any bridges while you do.
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taelynn View Post
    Your friends should be your friends no matter what faction and guild your in. Your not paying 15 a month to be frustrated and stressed but to have fun. They should respect that. And real friends will.
    ^ This

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you obviously don't like the horde or your guild. Switch over to alliance and get yourself a new guild that actually does stuff. If you will not enjoy the game as horde, don't play horde. Your supposed to enjoy the game, so do whatever you need to do to enjoy it again .