Deleted
    The Brave One 7/10
    Pretty well made story that's hard to predict. I can't say that for most new movies, I know the whole movie after I see first 10min.

Deleted
    Drive 5/10

most overrated film of the decade, just sayin

I went to the theaters to see the new Underworld movie a few weeks ago. I would give it a 4/10 , it was a severe letdown both action-wise and plot-wise.

Movie Title : Saturday Night Fever
    Rating: 7 out of 10
    Review: Overall pretty fun movie to watch but the ending was abit bad.

---------- Post added 2012-02-02 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ganaza View Post
    Just finished Band of Brothers, actually preferred it to The Pacific - 10/10
    Band of brothers is just awesome! :P

Blood And Bone
    10/10
    The fighting sequences are truly incredible and I enjoy anything michael jai white does.
    ===================
    Contagion
    9/10
    An absolutely fantastic movie,although it felt drug-out at times. One of the top outbreak style movies I have ever seen.

The Ides of March - 8 / 10. Excellent acting from everyone involved.

Suckerpunch - 7 / 10. I can see why folks hated it, but taking it for what it's worth, it was entertaining.

Bridesmaids - 2/10. 5 minutes of admittedly side-splitting humor wrapped in some of the most forced, awful cinema to watch, ever.

The Man from Earth (2007): 10/10.

Nothing short of brilliant.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Stake Land 6.5/10 Classic Postapocalypse with back to roots romance, and tons of vampires, there are mindless and evil, so the protagonist can go killing spree without feeling guilty about it.

Short Cuts 10/10 - Perfection.

Btw..
    Would love to see some ratings on Chronicle, if anyone should see it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-M5Qx57_UU).

Twilight series (thus far since there's a movie slated for November).

8/10.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

Deleted
    Frailty (2001)

6/10

It had the potential of being a good movie but the supernatural stuff just ruined it.

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

7/10

Monster sex, shaking demons, paranoia, hallucinations, heaven and hell. This is a pretty weird movie... but thankfully I totally love weird. If it hadn't been for some flaws in the story I would have given it a better score.

Take Shelter (2011)

9/10

This is one of two movies that received this rating from me for 2011's releases, the other being The Artist. The story is basically that of a man who starts having nightmares and hallucinations of impending doom and fearing the worst decides to build an expensive storm shelter to protect his family, despite financial difficulties.

One of the big highlights is Michael Shannon (most people probably know him best as Agent Van Alden from Boardwalk Empire) as main character, who pulled off the most gripping performance of the year and it's a damn shame that this was not recognized by either the Golden Globes or the Academy Awards, instead they nominated Brad Pitt (WTH!!) and Clooney (he always plays himself, albeit it was a great performance in The Descendents).
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-02-03 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
    7/10 - I've read a book and it's still a pretty nice movie.

50/50

9/10

This was a great movie. Decent cast with a really good emotional ride.

Deleted
    Movie Title - Drive

Rating - 10/10

Review - Generally i don't look "too" deep into plot, and to a certain extent i don't notice good acting from bad acting, but i REALLY thought this movie excelled in those departments, coupled with the unexpectedly violent scenes this was a winner for me, it had it all, i really liked the main character, and i liked the "villains" the background music really added depth too, everything was perfect i honestly can't fault it, i mostly enjoy action movies & sci fi like Transformers etc, and if it looks pretty i'll generally be won over regardless of plot/acting, as if i enjoyed the experience, nothing else matters. but this was something different, and i loved it.

Deleted
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

10/10

Should be in everyone's top 10 list of all time favorite movies.

Contraband 7/10
    Standard "Retired bad ass criminal returns for one more heist" manages to be surprisingly entertaining, even though you can see the plot twists coming a mile a way.

The Gray 8/10
    More gritty and emotional than I anticipated and it comes off more Indie than Hollywood action, which is the impression I got from the trailer, and it isn't a bad thing.

Underworld Awakening 6/10
    Another entertaining entry to the Underworld series that is more of a guilty pleasure at this point. May as well be called "Kate Beckinsale: Awesomesauce" and I'd still line up and buy popcorn.

I saw them all last night, in the above order. Oh and Underworld was in 3D but after ten minutes you forget and are rarely reminded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Red Tails
    8/10

First, I am easily entertained. Second, when I say I enjoy something and give me stamp of approval I feel like that also gives me the right to be overly critical and excessively negative.

-1 For all the blue/green screen.
    -1 For the cheesy dialogue.

Although its a George Lucas movie so what do you expect (LOVE STAR WARS).

The action was amazing. The connection to the characters was there. The presentation of social injustice was there and believable. Good historical representation.

Contraband - 8/10. The best movie I have seen in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark City (1950)
    7/10

not to be confused with the weird one with Kiefer and Riff Raff

its one of Charlton Heston's first movies, it also had Harry Morgan and Jack Webb right before they started on Dragnet
    the movie was a by the numbers film noir and enjoyable if not remarkable, Chuck was great, and they had some nice locations in LA and Las Vegas of 1950

Quote Originally Posted by Snezz View Post
    Movie Title - Drive

Rating - 10/10 -snip-
    I just saw Drive, and I would give it an 8/10. I thought every aspect -- except one -- they completely nailed. The aspect they didn't? The emotional attachment to his love interest. They show like three scenes with him bonding with the woman, which I might add, she is still committed to someone in prison...so why are you moving in on someone who isn't available...? And these three scenes make him risk his life and what not for her? I'm sorry, I didn't feel like that was enough time for him to form a realistic relationship with her. Story is a big aspect of a movie for me, and I couldn't overlook that aspect of the movie.

Chronicle 8/10. A very satisfying ending but the movie takes a while to get moving and has some annoying characters.

Safe House 7/10. A good action movie.