Deleted
    Prometheus - 7/10 - loved this film's underlying storyline, execution perhaps could have been better.

Just saw Ted this evening.

I'd rate it about a 7 / 10, it was funny and clever, but not something I'll pick up on DVD or be dragging friends to go see anytime soon. Like another poster said, it's a lot like Family Guy in that it makes you laugh, but isn't particularly memorable.

American Reunion - watched it this afternoon... I'll give it a 6/10. It's got some pretty cliche jokes, but it's also a lot of crass, hilarious humour, much like the first one. The first 90 minutes were reasonably funny (read: not COMPLETELY boring), but the last 20 or so were pretty mediocre.

Much as I'd rather have seen something, anything else in the interim, the last movie I had the immense displeasure of watching was "Zombies Gone Wild". I almost think the bus company loathed someone traveling that day. I'd drained my laptop battery, spare battery, and Walkman before this came on, and the volume was cracked up so you couldn't ignore it. If there was any way I could, I would have.

I think a rating of 0/10 is fair for this.... thing. It looks like a few people who might actually have some mental handicap found a camcorder and decided to make a movie without any thought of.... well, anything. After what felt like hours of torture [may have only been one], the only zombies were the comatose people stuck on the bus.

If most of it was cut out, to say 5-10 minutes or so, it'd make a crappy youtube video, but that would be a rather major step up for this.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Amazing Spiderman. 6.5 out of 10. While it was a good movie, it's just getting old seeing a hero in any kind of danger when you know it's impossible for them to die or critically get hurt. The villian was great and the next movie should be even better, I guess that's why I keep seeing these movies, for the villians.

Last movie i watched "The Amazing Spider Man" & according to me
    his movie rating (10/8) because it's really awesome.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got done watching ''The Thing'' the 2011 one and I give it an 7 I like how they tied the things to the original of it personally, However it did have a few flaws there and there but It's watchable

10+ Year Old Account
    Bridemaids

4/10

Too many boring parts..

50/50 and it was actually one of the best movie a saw this year...9/10

Prometheus - 3/10

Ridley Scott fell out of the film tree and hit every shit branch on the way down. Alien and Blade Runner seem like forever ago.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I guess a 7/10. Kind of mad they made Lincoln into an abolationist and that he is somehow able to catch a horse, have it roll on top of him crushing him into the ground, then both the horse and Lincoln are able to stand up and start moving towards his enemy. Other than that it was entertaining, if predictable at times. I might be a bit harsh with because of the changing of Lincoln's stance on slavery, but w/e.

Goodfellas -10/10

Why the fuck did it take me this long to finally watch this movie? If you have not seen it, do yourself a big favor and WATCH THIS MASTERPIECE!!!

The Amazing Spiderman

8/10

I had low expectations for this movie, especially when I first saw the trailer, but it was actually better than I expected. My friends ultimately dragged me into the movie, apparently it got a lot of good reviews from the crowd. I'd say this movie is about as good as the first one from 2002

Space Cowboys
    9/10
    I love that movie, Clint Eastwood is awesome (and the rest of them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking the Waves: 8.5/10.
    A spiritual, religious drama from 1996, directed by the ever gloomy Lars von Trier. It is so deep and meaningful that I won’t even try to explain it, it truly has a deeper meaning beyond forces. Emily Watson delivers a masterful performance I actually prefer more than Frances McDormand’s performance in Fargo, who won the Best Actress Oscar in 1996. What an insightful and brilliant piece of filmmaking.

Sophie’s Choice: 7/10.
    The film works when shown in flashbacks, but the rest is mostly lingering between the three main characters. It is a great character study, the three characters each have their problems and their view at life, and they all have to make some choices. Meryl Streep is mesmerizing in this on, still very young and with a flawless American-Polish accent, and she speaks German and Polish for streep sake! The flashback sequences are jawdroppingly painful to watch, at times, but they are the core of the movie, the glue making the film what it is.

Take This Waltz: 7.5/10.
    I really liked this movie. Brilliant performances from Michelle Williams, whose facial expressions always show clear emotion, whether it is sadness, joy, or whatever, she is magnificent. The supporting cast as well is stunning, including a surprisingly likable Seth Rogen as the caring husband. The story is about a young woman, who finds newly found affection in her neighbour, and she struggles to function with her husband, whom she has been with for approximately five years. They seem to be stable, but struggle to find balance and meaning in each other. Meanwhile, she is developing a close relationship with the neighbour, who is clearly in love with her. This is a story about people we kind of know from everyday life, a realistic tale of love and troubled relationships.

Lockout: 5/10.
    An entertaining standard science-fiction thriller about an ex-con, who after getting accused of murder he didn’t commit, is forced to deal with a secret mission to rescue the president’s daughter from a scientific space prison, where the inmates have taken all control. The movie itself is stuffed with clichés, and we have kind of seen it all before. The main character practically talks like a character you would expect to see in How I Met Your Mother or Two and a Half Men, he doesn’t open his mouth unless he has something arrogant or gaggy to say. He is portrayed by Guy Pearce, who actually does a good job compared to what the script gives him to work with. The thing I liked the most about Lockout, is that it is an entertaining weekend escape, and that only. It is a B-movie, and it knows it, which is important. The average moviegoer will like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Project X: 3/10

Horrible. I kept waiting for it to get funny. I turned it off at around the 45 minute mark because I had not laughed yet and wanted to strangle the annoying little shits.

Goon: 7/10

Pretty good hockey movie. Decent characters and some good laughs. No Slap Shot, but definitely worth watching.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Red Heat - Typical dead-pan/wise-cracking action-comedy, 80's cop movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Belushi. Quite terrible. 10/10

Snow White and The Huntsman - This was better and much-more fantasy filled than I expected. I was pleasantly surprised by the interestingness of the film's universe. The Queen and her brother reminded me of a poor man's Lannister twins, but Charlize Theron was a very scary and beautiful villain. I thought Kristen Stewart's acting was alright! (I may be a little biased in my assessment because I fancy the pants off her!!)
    At one point, in the Fairy Forest, they took so much influence from Princess Mononoke I'm sure. Right down to the stag deity being assaulted!
    Overall decent movie I would recommend watching if you are short of things to do. 6.75/10

Aliens

9/10

I liked the first Alien but this one improved on everything IMO. Great story, great acting. What else is there to say?

Most of these movies have been watched in the past month or two, but I only just came across this thread.

Project X - 2/10 - I hated the characters except the protag, the story was dull, and the only reason to watch it is to see girls wearing hardly anything -.-

Men in black 3 - 8/10 - There wasn't a lasting appeal and wasnt very memorable. Oh, and the bad guy was really really corny.

Lock out - 7/10 - It was a good watch for a boring Wednesday night.

American Reunion - 6/10 - cheesy plot, but it had me laughing a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Most of these movies have been watched in the past month or two, but I only just came across this thread.

Project X - 2/10 - I hated the characters except the protag, the story was dull, and the only reason to watch it is to see girls wearing hardly anything -.-

Men in black 3 - 8/10 - There wasn't a lasting appeal and wasnt very memorable. Oh, and the bad guy was really really corny.

Lock out - 7/10 - It was a good watch for a boring Wednesday night.

American Reunion - 6/10 - cheesy plot, but it had me laughing a few times.
    You give it 8/10, and only got criticisms? The hay?

Also:

The Amazing Spiderman: 8/10.