1. #4021
    Stood in the Fire Prifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    361
    Skyfall

    I would give it a 8/10. I always like Bond movies, but the icing on the cake for this one was the villain. Javier Bardem is awesome.

  2. #4022
    Stood in the Fire Bloodydemize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    358
    saw that's my boy on tv because had nothing else to do
    though the movie was horrible in other senses i haven't laughed at a movie so much in a long long time, so ill just go straight down the middle and give 5/10

  3. #4023

    https://soundcloud.com/nick-panlook

    BEST movieee youll ever see :P

  4. #4024
    High Overlord darrellmonks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    142
    End of Watch: 10 out of 10 ( I had to stop myself from crying at the end, best movie since the Godfather)

    Avengers: 0 out of 10. (You'd think with that budget they'd have decent effects and hire someone over 11 to write to story. Literally a waste of time, I'd have been better watching paint dry)

  5. #4025
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodydemize View Post
    saw that's my boy on tv because had nothing else to do
    though the movie was horrible in other senses i haven't laughed at a movie so much in a long long time, so ill just go straight down the middle and give 5/10
    Yeah I saw some of That's My Boy too. I didn't see the whole thing but I got a feel for where it was headed.

    2.5/10. Humor was a little bit my type with all the cursing but the story was cliche and the kid seemed transparent.

  6. #4026
    The last new movie I saw was Skyfall. Its definitely my favorite of the new James Bond movies. I would have to give it an 8, maybe 8.5 out of 10.

  7. #4027
    The Lightbringer Bluesftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Posts
    3,123
    django unchained which was brilliant, easly 9/10
    and les miserables... which stood up to its name...miserable at best , 2/10...not worth wasting time

  8. #4028
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    django unchained which was brilliant, easly 9/10
    and les miserables... which stood up to its name...miserable at best , 2/10...not worth wasting time
    Something that does not suit your tastes isn't automatically bad. Giving Les Mis a 2/10 is just plain ignorant (I grew up in a Musical Theatre family, and while I've personally never been a fan of the production on a personal level, I can still see why it's considered a classic masterpiece. And I've known no one that knew anything about the genre that was disappointed by the most recent film adaption.

    On topic - Warm Bodies, I'd give it a 7/10. It was enjoyable, it was adorable, and the humor was amusing, but I doubt it'll stand the test of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

  9. #4029
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    I just saw Wreck It Ralph a few hours ago and I am impressed. Movie really made my day. Loved everything and the movie actually has a very good and very decent story and development. Really good.

    10/10

    One thing I hated though, was those people from Ralph's game. Their walking and moving in general was just horrible to keep up and watch. ;_;
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  10. #4030
    Flight - 4/10

    Zero Dark Thirty - 4/10

  11. #4031
    Spiders - 0/10

    Terrible. Not even B-Movie good. The movie poster is just lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    Something that does not suit your tastes isn't automatically bad. Giving Les Mis a 2/10 is just plain ignorant (I grew up in a Musical Theatre family, and while I've personally never been a fan of the production on a personal level, I can still see why it's considered a classic masterpiece. And I've known no one that knew anything about the genre that was disappointed by the most recent film adaption.
    Looked good with the epic sets, costumes and cinematography, but was just a trainwreck of a movie. The story is incredibly bland and the characters unlikeable, the singing was average to terrible (lol Russell Crowe), and nobody deserves an acting Oscar for it. I really felt like it was 3 hours of nonsense and depression, I'm still not sure what the point of making the movie was, other than cashing in on an outdated opera.
    Last edited by quikbunny; 2013-02-19 at 01:41 AM.

  12. #4032
    The Insane cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    Flight - 4/10

    Zero Dark Thirty - 4/10
    Must not like good movies, eh? I kid, of course - to each their own.

    Myself, just saw Les Miserables and enjoyed it. Russel Crowe, while a fine actor, really can't sing well enough for that musical production. Anne Hathaway is utterly brilliant, and her song is breathtaking. 8/10
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  13. #4033
    Django Unchained.

    10/10, thoroughly entertained all the way through.

  14. #4034
    the sex of the angels

    7/10 for me, but surely not everyones taste.

  15. #4035

  16. #4036
    and not whatever random abstract whatever makes Milla Jovovich look hotter. :-/
    Dude, don't say it like it's a bad thing!

  17. #4037
    Ruby Sparks - 8/10. Quirky, cute, and takes some interesting twists along the way. Really enjoyed it.
    Beautiful veins and bloodshot eyes.
    "If you are not capable of cruelty, you are absolutely a victim to anyone who is" - J. Peterson

  18. #4038
    Scarab Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post


    Looked good with the epic sets, costumes and cinematography, but was just a trainwreck of a movie. The story is incredibly bland and the characters unlikeable, the singing was average to terrible (lol Russell Crowe), and nobody deserves an acting Oscar for it. I really felt like it was 3 hours of nonsense and depression, I'm still not sure what the point of making the movie was, other than cashing in on an outdated opera.
    I actually agree with you. The movie jumps around too much. It would have been good if they based the movie more on the book where things are explained better, but they based it off of a musical something that's more suited for stage rather than big screen and it really doesn't seem to work or provide any depth. I am sure some people liked it and that's fine but too me it was just too rushed. Maybe as I preferred the book over the musical myself. Not tht I have anything against musicals, because I love all the old classics

  19. #4039
    Flight: 5/10. So much cocaine. Only good part ended about 15 minutes in. The rest was a long, drawn out drama. Then again I shouldn't have expected any different.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

  20. #4040
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Flight: 5/10. So much cocaine. Only good part ended about 15 minutes in. The rest was a long, drawn out drama. Then again I shouldn't have expected any different.
    Wait, I thought Flight WAS a drama? What WERE you expecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •