8/10

on the same day

Gangster Squad

9/10
    Howay the lads!

Stand Up Guys 5/10

Tekken: Blood Vengeance
    2/10

First time I watched this one not expecting much, just for shits and giggles. And it was definitely more shits then giggles.

Seriously, how can you screw a Tekken movie that much? Two things were great: the animation and the final confrontation of Mishimas, before it turned out to be Transformers. And the rest... Why would you ever make Alisa, or even Xiaoyu, a main character? Why would you make both so bland and obnoxious? Why would you add a boring emo jackass to the storyline, when there are so many interesting characters in Tekken franchise? Why most of the movie consists of two teenage girls talking about a boy? What the fuck was up with this last fight sequence?

I mean, a movie so terrible it's definitely worth watching. As a tutorial of "How to take a truck of dollars driven by a great CGI artist and turn it into utter shit".

Aha, and the only point above 1/10 I gave is from the "Ultimate brofist" attack near the end of the movie. If this film was kept in such a riddiculous, yet epic manner, it would easily get 10/10 as a perfect Tekken movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Check out Resident Evil: Degeneration, and Resident Evil: Damnation.

Both are completely CGI and done by Capcom, so they actually have the characters, the voice actors, the plot, the setting, the everything. They have nothing to do with the Live Action movies, and everything to do with actual Resident Evil.

Solid recommendation.
    Had to stop watching the first one. So much bad dialogue, and the cop characters were so flat, especially the male one.

No Country for Old Men - 9/10

Not watched this movie since it was released in 07 and id forgot how good it was. Great film with Javier Bardem playing arguably one of the greatest bad guys in the last 20 years.

Kung Fu Panda 2: 10/10 I seriously love those 2 movies
    Django Unchained: 10/10 Best film I've seen for a long time.

Gattaca.

4th time I watched it.

An absolutely masterpiece, 10/10. Definitely one of my favorite movies ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then the [MMORPG] genre started attracting more players. These players wanted more of a "game" and less of a "world" [...]

Quantum of Solace: 5/10
    Skyfall: 6/10

Pit Lord
    A Good Day To Die Hard - probably a 6/10.

i love bruce willis and i love the die hard movies but i think his last die hard movie was better. lot of action and a kinda cool twist at the end i wasnt expecting, but overall i think some of his other die hard movies were better.

definately worthy of adding to my dvd collection though and i would recommend action fans to go see it

Django Unchained 2/10 ....
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

The Road 7/10
    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Version) 10/10
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Extended Version) 10/10
    The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Extended Version) 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    Gattaca.

4th time I watched it.

An absolutely masterpiece, 10/10. Definitely one of my favorite movies ever.
    Brilliant film there
    Synek - best rogue in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't think I know what the acronym "tsg" is. It's not RBG's or Arena, random battlegrounds, or any form of dungeon or raid that I can think of. What does it mean?

The Room 1/10 and Warm Bodies 7/10

Fortunate enough to see a few recently .

A Good Day to Die Hard: 2/10 - I go into Die Hard expecting mindless explosions and fun, I just got mindless.

The Hobbit: 6/10 - Enjoyable to see Jackson's take on Middle Earth again, beautiful scenery though some flawed reinterpretations

Django Unchanined: 9/10 - My favorite Tarantino film for some time; fantastic Tarantino dialogue, not too much Tarantino OTT violence, courage to approach a difficult issue and someone seemed to have stopped him from making the usual mess of a story.

Parker: 6/10 - Kind of what I expected from a Die Hard film, if it had the same investment. Very enjoyable.

Identity Thief: 5/10 - Had it's moments but very inconsistent, too much "obvious" humor for me. Passable.

Hansel and Gretel: 6/10 - What most call a popcorn flick, I call flawed fun.

Les Mis: 8/10 - I can see what people didn't like this and got bored. I very much enjoyed this and think that it was well done considering it's actors singing rather than professional singers. Impressed by Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.

Life of Pi: 8/10 - A beautiful film, would probably consider this more of an art movie.

Silver Linings Playbook: 8/10 - Very much enjoyed this, impressed by the way it handled the issue of mental health (or rather didn't handle, and let it play it's part).

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Django Unchained 2/10 ....
    wha...wha...what!!!??? incomprehensible.

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    wha...wha...what!!!??? incomprehensible.
    Seems someone were expecting a serious movie

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Seems someone were expecting a serious movie
    or a film where the lead isnt the weakest thing in the whole film.

stephen unchained would have been awesome though.
    Dictated but not read.

Monsters (2010)

7/10 - and really good for such a low budget movie. Just don't expect an action/monster flick.

skyfall - 7/10 i dont like that much new bond movies
    hobbit - 7/10 not that good
    judge dredd - 7/10 well it was dredd
    iron sky - 6.5/10 hmm comedy
    -------------
    django unchained - 8,5/10 well tarantino is tarantino and its what i expected from it
    the man with iron fists 8/10 another tarantino movie less story then django moore fighting and brutal bloody fun in both
    --------------
    upside down - 8.5/10 good romantic movie with awsome sceneries
    wreck it ralph- 9.5/10 after reading what other ppl in this topic like i watched this movie and then again and again and it get me into extreme animation mood so next movies are only anime
    edit: one thing that rly surprised me was remixed noisia soundtrack from DMC 5 they used it very well in this movie bug hunt in heros duty game and some other but i remember this one most

Despicable Me - 8.5/10 perfect movie about good bad guy and his army
    mars needs moms - 7/10 well this one is nothing special humas will get rating 6 and aliens 8
    rango - 8/10
    bolt - 7/10 - start of the movie was good then we know that its not real and when he meet the cat its again good
    Last edited by Scorp969; 2013-02-26 at 03:26 PM.
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas