2 Guns

I'd give it a 7/10

Wahlberg and Denzel worked well off each other. Not quite sure what the plot was. But did there really need to be a plot for a movie like that? Sometimes, those kind of movies are needed.

Pacific Rim, 9/10.

I heard the plot was supposed to be bad, but it wasn't that bad. It got the job done, the only thing that was kind of "eh" was the ending that was, as my father likes to say, "too american", meaning The general guy dying, the heroes and their underdog jäeger being the victor and survivors (well, the jäeger didn't survive, but it was a victor). The guy playing dead so she could cry over his corpse a bit before he said "hey, I'm alive, happy ending!" was a bit too cliche.
    But overall, the fight scenes were awesome, the universe was awesome, the ideas were awesome, the music was awesome, and it's an original IP, so props for that. It had a X-Com feel to it that I really liked. Don't know about a sequel, I'd like for it to be standalone and awesome, but I won't rule out that a sequel could work, as long as the fights continues to be awesome they have to screw up pretty hard to go below 7/10.

children of the corn 3. was bad even by CotC standards. 6/10 skidmarks
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    children of the corn 3. was bad even by CotC standards. 6/10 skidmarks
    Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (aka He Who Walks Behind the Dumpster) is, quite possibly, the worst movie of all time. At the very least, it's fighting for the title with gems like Leprechaun 4: In Space and Jason X.

Deleted
    Pain & Gain 3/10. I thought it would be so much funnier than it was. Extremly dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the 1337 King: 10 / 10

Amazing. I don't know why I waited so long to finally get around to watching this. It ranks as one of the greatest things I have ever seen next to 'Frezno Smooth'.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Unclequayle View Post
    Pain & Gain 3/10. I thought it would be so much funnier than it was. Extremly dissapointed
    Agree with you there, glad I didnt pay to watch it..

Deleted
    The Great Gatsby.

1/10

After 1 hour I was wondering if anything was going to happen at all, and it turnt out nothing did happen, so yeah complete waste of time!

Cloud Atlas.

9/10

Movies that just leave you speechless is something that i love. And this was no exception. Reading that it was supposedly a novel that was impossible to make into a movie due to the story telling and characters. I can just say that they did an AMAZING job at connecting the different storys and characters.

It has an epic feel and the music is one of the best composed i have ever heard in my life. A must watch if you like movies with a deep plot, advanced storytelling and mindblowing artistic vistas and effects

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest (aka He Who Walks Behind the Dumpster) is, quite possibly, the worst movie of all time. At the very least, it's fighting for the title with gems like Leprechaun 4: In Space and Jason X.
    it was bad, but i have high standards for bad. fist of the vampire was actually WAAAY worse - it's a prime example of what happens when people get together and write characters they wish they were... and then someone says "hey, i have a mac, i can handle the special effects!"
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elysium, I'm not sure what to rate it.... It had a very generic story, but some pretty awesome special effects so I guess 5/10 just for looks.

Super advance GPS system that allows them to identify anyone, anywhere, even on a flying space craft moving at who knows how fast, and you can avoid it by hiding under pigs?

Futuristic grenade to the face. Meh, just some facial trauma and 10 seconds under a machine and he looks better than before the explosion. A grenade from WW1 would have completely painted the walls with his brain, what the fuck were these future grenades made of?

And I don't even get why that guy had it out for Max. He was serving the secretary of defense or whoever she was and her orders were to capture this guy unharmed, so he killed the secretary lady and went bat shit crazy on Max. It makes no sense to me, there was no reason for any of that to happen. I get that they are trying to create an antagonist but it seems like a 4 year old could have come up with a better back story.

And then at the end the space ships land and there are tons of those machines that can heal any disease in seconds. Why would Elysium make so many, and if they could make so many why would they keep it from use of the public? There was no benefit for them to be keeping all of those machines to themselves, they sure as hell weren't making money off of it.

To me it seemed like they just wanted to watch the earth burn on their extremely high horses, because they had no use for the earth or its people. Why not just leave? go to another planet, they obviously have the technology.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Elysium, I'm not sure what to rate it.... It had a very generic story, but some pretty awesome special effects so I guess 5/10 just for looks.

Super advance GPS system that allows them to identify anyone, anywhere, even on a flying space craft moving at who knows how fast, and you can avoid it by hiding under pigs?

Futuristic grenade to the face. Meh, just some facial trauma and 10 seconds under a machine and he looks better than before the explosion. A grenade from WW1 would have completely painted the walls with his brain, what the fuck were these future grenades made of?

And I don't even get why that guy had it out for Max. He was serving the secretary of defense or whoever she was and her orders were to capture this guy unharmed, so he killed the secretary lady and went bat shit crazy on Max. It makes no sense to me, there was no reason for any of that to happen. I get that they are trying to create an antagonist but it seems like a 4 year old could have come up with a better back story.

And then at the end the space ships land and there are tons of those machines that can heal any disease in seconds. Why would Elysium make so many, and if they could make so many why would they keep it from use of the public? There was no benefit for them to be keeping all of those machines to themselves, they sure as hell weren't making money off of it.

To me it seemed like they just wanted to watch the earth burn on their extremely high horses, because they had no use for the earth or its people. Why not just leave? go to another planet, they obviously have the technology.
    Look to the black box below for answers to your concerns, or as best as I understood or thought about them after reading your concerns.

The "tracking system" was initially used to identify Carlyle, as with his brain implant was essentially "lo-jacked." The following identifications came from the one security drone identifying Max. The other attackers were never identified, only marked as "Assailant #." The tracking itself, was like current technology, where it requires some form of Line of Sight to maintain tracking.

The grenade isn't what hit Kruger in the face, it was debris, from damage done to the ship by the grenade and from the crash. They also made a point to mention that his brain was still alive prior to the re-atomizing reconstruction by the med bay. Since it was just facial trauma, he wasn't yet actually dead. When his buddy says that he "ate that grenade" it was a joke, not literal.

Kruger knew that Delacourt's desire to apprehend Max alive meant that he had something valuable in his brain. After witnessing him interfaced with Carlyle. He has no love for Delacourt or Elysium and wants to use the data in Max's head either as a bargaining chip or believing it will give him power over Delacourt or Elysium in some way.

Elysium, is a large facility with a large population. With the threat of disease or invasion from the Earth it makes some sense that they would have at least some form of large scale emergency response in place. It wasn't even about the Money at that point.

Elysium is a "Social Utopia," where the people believe themselves better than those below. An allegory to the elite citizenry of the Roman Empire. They have the technology not to profit from it, but because they can. Because it makes them feel better. The Roman elite considered themselves gods, believing that they themselves and their social status represented Elysium, the so called Roman afterlife. Would explain why you felt that they were just vain and on their "high horses" as well.

As for going to another planet, that should be obvious. They still need raw materials from Earth. Labor and so on. Leaving Earth all together would seriously put a damper on their resources. Not to mention aside from creating a stable atmosphere and a Torus station, they don't appear to have any means of high speed interstellar travel. Certainly nothing capable of going to other habitable planets.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-08-16 at 05:59 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Blackfish - 10/10. A huge wake up call of a documentary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elysium - 8/10.

Pet Sematary
    Good buildup but the characters had no motivation in the final act. I haven't read the book, but Stephen King's strong point is his characterizations so I suspect this was the screenwriter's fault. Also, if you can't overpower a toddler, you shouldn't have children. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecan View Post
    Pet Sematary
    Good buildup but the characters had no motivation in the final act. I haven't read the book, but Stephen King's strong point is his characterizations so I suspect this was the screenwriter's fault. Also, if you can't overpower a toddler, you shouldn't have children. Just saying.
    most stephen king books make awful movies, at least the horror stories. there are exceptions that arent as bad as others, but as a rule they suck. his other stuff makes great movies - shawshank redemption, green mile
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recently i have watched The wolverine movie with my friends and i will give 9/10.

Shaun of the Dead 7/10

Hot Fuzz 7/10

Since I will probably see The World's End later this year, I was inspired to watch the first two in the "Blood and Ice Cream Trilogy". They're not as great as IMDb would have me believe, but they're pretty good. I liked Hot Fuzz more than Shaun of the Dead. I'm excited to see The World's End.

The Bourne Ultimatum, 9/10 it is such a good movie. The whole series is epic.