10+ Year Old Account
    1492: Conquest of Paradise - 9/10

I was scrolling through Netflix streaming, saw it, and then I decided to watch it.

It ended up having a superb cast, including my two favorite French actors, Gérard Depardieu and Tchéky Karyo, Armand Assante gid a great job as well, and let's not forget Michael Wincott's role.

The soundtrack was composed by Vangelis, once I saw that in the opening credits I knew I was in for a treat (in addition to seeing the cast credits).
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Pacific Rim: 5/10

Pretty generic, it tries to add like emotion and twists to the plot but most of it you can see coming a mile away and a lot of the dialogue isnt remotely gripping or interesting, so many of the characters seem so fake like you are watching a show on the Disney channel with people fitting into stereotypes than having actual true personalities. Action is solid, looks pretty for sure, the sequences couldve used more variety to be top notch.

Oldboy 8/10

Very story driven for what would otherwise appear to be an action movie, its highly highly unbelievable but if you ignore that aspect much of the story and twists it offers are actually quite good, having you truly wondering why everything is happening to him and what it all really means. Good fighting when there is action and solid acting around. The ending isnt for everyone, I wont go much deeper than that. Theyre apparently remaking this into an American film if you want to wait and not have to watch a Korean movie, who knows if it will stay as good tho.

Deleted
    Monsters University - 6.5/10.

Not as great as the first one which is a solid 8/10 or higher. Probably because it is a lot more more childish and simplistic. The story also reminds me a lot of the recent "Wreck it Ralph", except it is much inferior overall to that movie because of its linear tale. Overall, its watchable but forgettable, so it does not rate even a 7 for me.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-20 at 04:20 AM.

Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen): Good movie, a solid 8/10.
    The acting is the most impressing thing in the film though... Kate Blachette gave an amazing performence, in terms of acting I'd rank the film 10/10.

Just watched some movies that came out a while ago for the first time on HBO.

Taken 2: 6/10. I rather enjoyed the first movie, and when I heard that there was a second, I just sighed. I came in with zero expectations of a good or even decent movie, and I was rather surprised. It wasn't great, by any means, but it wasn't as terrible as I thought. The main reason why this movie is higher than a 5 or so is because the daughter wasn't the hopeless damsel in distress like the women are portrayed as in these kinds of movies. Kinda saddened that they didn't go for the "peaceful" ending, the ending just seemed so cliched...and what was with the ending scene? "Please don't shoot this one." Uhh, if I heard that upon meeting my girlfriend's father, I'd be NOPEing the hell out of there.

Ted: 5/10.

Positives: Mila Kunis. Chuckled maybe three times.
    Negatives: For a comedy, it wasn't that funny. Very juvenile jokes (although I guess that's what you should expect from Seth Macfarlane). Saw the ending coming a mile away. Pretty cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

Pretty generic, it tries to add like emotion and twists to the plot but most of it you can see coming a mile away and a lot of the dialogue isnt remotely gripping or interesting, so many of the characters seem so fake like you are watching a show on the Disney channel with people fitting into stereotypes than having actual true personalities. Action is solid, looks pretty for sure, the sequences could've used more variety to be top notch.
    Couldn't agree more with your statement and score, this was the last movie I saw too. I did enjoy Charlie Hunnam & Ron Perlman together in something other than Sons of Anarchy ~ that which is an awesome show!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gravity

10 out of 10.

Watch it in IMAX 3D.

Worst part about the movie, some scenes were so silent you can hear every munch of popcorn, slurp of soda thru a straw, and creak of a person shifting in their seat.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Despicable Me 2 - 7/10

It was good, it was funny, but it wasn't GREAT as some people made it seem. I personally don't really see it compare with Monsters University, the Pixar magic is still a thing.

Carrie (remake) - 6/10. It was basically like the original movie. People are hating on this movie a LOT, but I really couldn't find anything that was actually wrong with it. I can see how diehard fans of the original/book would be disappointed that it didn't bring anything new to the table, but I didn't think it was bad. Some of the acting was kind of iffy, but I thought that Chloe Grace Moretz did a good job. I think she shows a lot of promise.

Deleted
    2guns with Denzel Washinton and Mark Wahlberg.
    Was expecting a POV POV POV buddy cop movie but it actually turned out decent. Wouldnt pay to watch it again though. 6.5/10

Pacific Rim

Watched it for about 15 minutes before I left. I think the Halo and Gears of War rip offs were pretty funny; besides that there were a lot of things that I found annoying and because of that I didn't feel like it was worth watching the rest of the movie.

Can't give the movie a rating.

Deleted
    man of steel - 5/10

same as i thought of Thor, i prefered the part of the movie when they are not on Earth. the movie was ok, the action at the end was quite cool, but its not the sort of movie i really want to watch again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post

Pretty generic, it tries to add like emotion and twists to the plot but most of it you can see coming a mile away and a lot of the dialogue isnt remotely gripping or interesting, so many of the characters seem so fake like you are watching a show on the Disney channel with people fitting into stereotypes than having actual true personalities. Action is solid, looks pretty for sure, the sequences couldve used more variety to be top notch.

i think thats basically how most people thought about pacific rim, i thought it was fun to watch though, just sat there, forget about the story and watch robots and monsters beat each other up.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

i think thats basically how most people thought about pacific rim, i thought it was fun to watch though, just sat there, forget about the story and watch robots and monsters beat each other up.
    Who's most people?

EDIT:

<3
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-10-22 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    The Internship. I'd give it a 7/10, Luke is pretty much playing his usual sort of shy but funny dude who gets the girl and Vince is his fun all-up-in-your-face character that brings everyone together through diversity. Luke and Vince have great synergy on the screen imo, just look at wedding crashers, so for anyone who wants a easy-watched movie with I'd say this one is a good pick.

Promised Land: 6/10

Liked how Damon finally went back to his drama roots and delivered a good acting, same for McDormand... the rest of the cast is meh, story not so good either.

Gravity, I'd give it an 8/10

I wouldn't have seen it on my own, but a college friend moved back into town and asked me to see it with her. She's a friend I had unrequited feelings for, so hey, why turn down a chance for dinner and a movie with a pretty young thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharknado, 3/10 only because of the stupid over the top bad moments that are so bad and stupid it's hilarious. If it didn't have any stupid moments i'd rate it 1/10 easily
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Serbian Film.. no rating, just I can't.. The story itself is quite good for a horror but I can't say that anyone should watch this movie.

I don't remember the last movie I saw... Guess it wasn't that good, LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Captain Phillips - 9/10

Would've given it a 10 if not for the fact that it could've been just a wee bit shorter.

Excellent acting, especially by Tom Hanks and the leader of the Somali pirates (I can't remember the exact name of the actor), and it's the first film in quite a long time where I've genuinely been on the edge of my seat. Very intense.