10+ Year Old Account
    Gravity - 10/10

Absolutely amazing movie. No words. One of the best films I've ever seen. Ever.

Elysium - 7/10 was a pretty decent movie worth watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suckerpunch 7/10

Random mindfucks splattered around, with some coherent narrative in the background. I like it, eventhough the "rule of awesome" is the star of the movie, leaving the true story kinda behind. The dance parts (the fight scenes and all that) are awesome and just plain entertaining, eventhough they're random as fuck.

Didn't like the ending so much tho... It's not that it's confusing, it just didn't appeal me at all. I loved the random fight parts, but the main story wasn't that good imo.

Good movie, wouldn't watch it again tho. Extra points because of the very nice soundtrack and random badass awesomeness on the "fight" scenes.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Thor:The Dark World. I'd rate my personal experience as 9/10, although objectively I'd call the film 8/10 for an action sf blockbuster. (Excellent theater, great
    friend, absolutely love Tom Hiddleston's Loki.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Thor 2 - 2/10

Pretty much what I expected: Another high budget Marvel "Blockbuster" done in the same fashion, they did their last movies. The characters where predictiable and dull (with the occasional exception of Tom Hiddleston). Kat Dennings "funny" sidekick role did it for me: I can't remeber a character I hated with such passion ever before! On the plus side: GCI was nice

Deleted
    The last movie I saw was Elf(Christmas movies on Tv) and I will rate it 8/10

prisoners 5/10

very boring movie.
    the story is very predictable. everytime they showed something that you should remind at the end....you ALWAYS knew what they wanted to say. so you didnt even have to watch it till the end. you already knew what would happen and who took the kids.you dont have to be a sherlock holmes to link the facts.dont get me wrong.its a solid movie and its at least 5/10 but the fact i didnt have the "wtf ah thats why he did that or this guy? now it makes sense" moments makes this movie so bad for me.
    Last edited by landria; 2013-12-08 at 06:11 PM.

Transporter 3 10/10 Jason Statham is a badass

Deleted
    Elysium: 4/10
    Acting was really good and I really hated the main villain (as is intentional I guess).
    However the filming/editing/pacing of this movie was way off. There were some really awkward camera shots and the action wasn't always very easy to make out. However the one thing that bugged the absolute hell out of me was the lack of proper music to fit the scenes. It just dulled emotion that scenes were supposed to bring forth, and made the movie so much more boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by beneholio View Post
    Thor 2 - 2/10

Pretty much what I expected: Another high budget Marvel "Blockbuster" done in the same fashion, they did their last movies. The characters where predictiable and dull (with the occasional exception of Tom Hiddleston). Kat Dennings "funny" sidekick role did it for me: I can't remeber a character I hated with such passion ever before! On the plus side: GCI was nice
    I actually really like the new standard of movies that Marvel is producing. I would watch any of these without a second of hesitation (I'm not counting wolverine in this), they are just really enjoyable. What these movies offer are some really iconic and good main characters, some kickass action and some glorious CGI. Thor is arguably the least interesting main character, but those movies have Loki to make up for it. Anyways I didn't watch the second one yet, but you can be sure I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thor 2 - 5/10
    Um, yeah. This was disappointing. I really loved the first Thor but this one felt...bad. I didn't like the plot, I didn't like Malekith or the Dark Elves (boring), and really the saving grace for me were the comedic elements: Loki and Darcy.

Prisoners - 3/10
    This film had moments of greatness. I loved the opening tension but it was downhill from there. Over acted, over dramatic, and it just needed to be reigned in and tightened up. I wish they would have kept the tension and simplicity of the first 10 mins or so. I did think Melissa Leo gave the best performance, though. Really the only one who did.

Deleted
    Carrie (remake) 3/10

Quite literally nothing happens in this movie, last 20 minutes she goes crazy and kills "everyone" simply by acting like a retard.

Not worth the watch.

Frozen - 9/10

Walking into this movie, I wasn't sure if I'd rate it lower or higher than Monsters University. I have a ranking list for all the year's movies, so I figured just above or just below. Maybe a movie higher or two if it was good. But nope. After an awesome short, it went on to make sure it was the best movie I've seen this year, at least until I see the Hobbit in two days (making it the movie this year to hold the title as Best Movie of the Year yet for the shortest time sadly). Utterly amazing, beautiful animation, beautiful songs, impressive 3D indeed, and good voices. And a good plot, with some twists, which is amazing in animations these days (especially from Disney). The sad part is that I saw the only screening of it with original voices here in Denmark, so I can't even recommend it to anybody because of the only danish versions.

But yeah. I was blown away. Support this movie, give it a spot in IMDb Top 250, and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Carrie (remake) 3/10

Quite literally nothing happens in this movie, last 20 minutes she goes crazy and kills "everyone" simply by acting like a retard.

Not worth the watch.
    I didn't watch it yet (and I'm pretty sure I never will watch it), but just out of curiosity: Is Chloë Grace Moretz' acting really as bad as the critics all around the interwebs say?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't watch it yet (and I'm pretty sure I never will watch it), but just out of curiosity: Is Chloë Grace Moretz' acting really as bad as the critics all around the interwebs say?
    Haha, yeah. I mean, I'm just some random guy, but yeah. Just dont go spouting that on too many online forums. She's gathering a Jennifer Lawrence type following for absolutely no reason other than her borderline pedo-magnet looks.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Well she's a typical "pretty" girl made ugly, acting wise the movie really isn't that great. It's nowhere near horror either. 90% of the movie is the typical American high school shit imo, popular girls picking on the girl who's the "freak" of the town with an even more crazy mother. Then the 10% of horror is just the freak going berserk and killing the bitches and lots of pigblood.

Boring as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Boring as fuck.
    Pretty much what I expected

Deleted
    So it is time.
    The Hobbit: The desolation of Smaug
    8.5/10 compared to a normal movie.
    7/10 compared to the 9/10 standard that the rest of LotR has.

My friends really liked it (more than the first one) and I enjoyed it too, but I had some issues with it. I need to mention though that I am not one of those people who found the first one to be boring or lengthy. I have also read the book if that changes anything, though I find the book to be absolutely terrible.
    I will list the issues I had with it below (worst things at the top), please tell me if you agree with it or don't.

The first 20 min were too fast. Not enough time to marvel at the glorious landscape, like you are used to with LotR movies. The story just felt like it was moving ahead too fast during that time; the pacing was off. I did not enjoy the beginning at all. This was the weakest part of the movie IMO (though I loved the director's cameo).

There was a lack of music. The music used in the first Hobbit movie was perfect and fit the tone really, really well. It was something that you could and would hum to. In this movie there wasn't really any distinguishable soundtrack. Most of it felt like sounds that just happened to fit the emotional points in the movie. The movie was missing the "idyllic" feel that LotR movies have.

GCI effects weren't that good and overused. It is weird to be criticizing a LotR movie for this, but here I am. Some of the fire (anvils) looked wrong. There were many other times where I was annoyed by this, but I cannot remember those for some bizarre reason.

The movie looked too caroony/polished/perfectly smooth. For example in Murkwood there were some trees that just looked as if they were taken right out of Paint. It didn't look very "realistic" anymore. I know that for instance Elven halls need to look very smooth, but I felt like it was overdone somehow. This issue was only present during some parts of the movie, for example Erebor looked perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    We're the Millers, 6/10. Had some funny parts, but nothing too special.
    Was told this was hilarious, watched it and was quite disappointed! Last film i saw was Oldboy, 7/10 i'd rate it higher but that was one fucked up ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    So it is time.
    The Hobbit: The desolation of Smaug
    8.5/10 compared to a normal movie.
    7/10 compared to the 9/10 standard that the rest of LotR has.

My friends really liked it (more than the first one) and I enjoyed it too, but I had some issues with it. I need to mention though that I am not one of those people who found the first one to be boring or lengthy. I have also read the book if that changes anything, though I find the book to be absolutely terrible.
    I will list the issues I had with it below (worst things at the top), please tell me if you agree with it or don't.

The first 20 min were too fast. Not enough time to marvel at the glorious landscape, like you are used to with LotR movies. The story just felt like it was moving ahead too fast during that time; the pacing was off. I did not enjoy the beginning at all. This was the weakest part of the movie IMO (though I loved the director's cameo).

There was a lack of music. The music used in the first Hobbit movie was perfect and fit the tone really, really well. It was something that you could and would hum to. In this movie there wasn't really any distinguishable soundtrack. Most of it felt like sounds that just happened to fit the emotional points in the movie. The movie was missing the "idyllic" feel that LotR movies have.

GCI effects weren't that good and overused. It is weird to be criticizing a LotR movie for this, but here I am. Some of the fire (anvils) looked wrong. There were many other times where I was annoyed by this, but I cannot remember those for some bizarre reason.

The movie looked too caroony/polished/perfectly smooth. For example in Murkwood there were some trees that just looked as if they were taken right out of Paint. It didn't look very "realistic" anymore. I know that for instance Elven halls need to look very smooth, but I felt like it was overdone somehow. This issue was only present during some parts of the movie, for example Erebor looked perfect.
    About first 20 minutes going too fast: I will count on the fact that EE will "pad" that part out, so I'll just say "Theatrical is inferior to Extended."

This movie wasn't really going for idyllic. It went for action, for speed, for a deadline to be met, for dark. The music didn't really stand out to me, which might be a low point for some, but I don't know if it was bad or if I just didn't pay much attention to it. But it didn't annoy either, music is supposed to just blend in and set the mood, so dunno, maybe it did that well enough.

Disagree, I don't really notice the "CGI" that much as people seems to, sometimes I think when they say "overused CGI" they're trying to say something else but they're not sure what. Anyway, the action scenes were incredibly cool. Erebor part was fantastic, and the Barrelrider part. Spiders were creepy when they were there, but that part should have been a bit longer. Extended Edition, I want you already!

What format did you watch it in? 48frames? It does that, extreme high definition, it probably looks so "cartoonish smooth" because it's so incredibly smooth looking in comparison to everything else. This might actually also be the real issue people have instead of the CGI in itself. Ahead of it's time maybe. Erebor was pretty dark because of the light (or lack thereof), I actually felt like it was a bit TOO dark. But eh.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-12-12 at 09:40 PM.

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug

10/10

Loved it, Peter Jackson continues to amaze, providing enough of the same old to satisfy and new stuff to further enamor. Just as I loved it in the first one I love it now, the 48 frames + 3D make for the most incredible cinema experience yet. Truly, this trilogy is different from anything I've ever experienced in a theater, incredibly sharp image and mindboggling 3D makes it worth going more than once to the cinema;D

Also, Smaug looks, and sounds insanely cool.