10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, this is how i feel about this.

Knights of Badassdom 8/10

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Nebraska: 8.5/10

Not everyone's cuppa tea. If you like wonderful, heart warming on the one spectrum and cynical on the other, character-driven movies that depict the real nature of humanity, watch it asap. But again, if you only like blockbusters or superhero movies, you may even hate it. To me, some characters that were fleshed-out here are the real superheroes.
    I love blockbusters and superhero movies and think Nebraska was a ~ 9/10 . The movie has the great underplayer humor and quicky characters most ppl can appreciate - but i do agree that the backwater settings and black/white pictures might scare some ppl off.

"The Heat"

7/10.

The jokes are quite funny, well played on both main actor's sides. But meh, the story is just bs and way too obvious.

OT: Did Sandra had some surgeries? In some scenes (in the bar with the tuned clothes) she watches in the cam and it looks like her whole face was straightened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leggo Movie, went with my brother and my friend and we are 20,20,22 and we all laughed. They kind of shove the morale of the movie in your face at the end, but still a good movie.

9/10
    Last edited by Johnnydeeps; 2014-02-12 at 10:47 PM.

Your Highness, funny as hell.

Frozen. 9/10.

Close to Lion King Level.

Rush 2013 movie about 1970s rivalry between Formula One rivals James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

9/10

Frozen 10/10

It was wonderful.

The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug.

I'd give it a solid 8+. It was...pretty different from the book's events, but then, all of the LotR movies (and the first Hobbit movie) were too. Doesn't make them bad movies at all though. I learned after Fellowship of the Ring that the movies were very enjoyable as long as you didn't try to be all nitpicky and go "It didn't happen like that in the book!" I enjoyed the first Hobbit movie more, but the latest wasn't bad at all.

Still, I do think they're trying to stretch things and add filler in the Hobbit movies because they really wanted it to be a trilogy when there wasn't really enough content in the book for three films. I'm still looking forward to the third and will definitely go see it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-02-13 at 04:47 PM.

Robocop, 4/10

Ok as an action movie, but there was just too many things that didn't ring true. I was willing to put aside my distaste for the suit re-design (And STILL maintain classic robocop did NOT need to be updated!), but the film just screwed around too much. Man it seemed to take SO.LONG to finally have Robocop fully up and running. And while I find it odd to say this...I think the film took itself TOO seriously. Robocop wasn't exactly a joke a minute parody, but it I think it had JUST enough "wink wink nudge nudge" behind the scenes.

I DO NOT want/need to see Murphy fool around with his wife(I came for Robocop, not Murphy).
    I DO NOT want Robocop whinging and crying to die when he sees himself for the 1st time, its really uncomfortable having to watch the doctor try to talk him out of wanting to die, and doesn't exactly make for a pleasant viewing experience. This is basically meant to be a bit of a super hero film, not some war drama or doco, geez!
    I DO NOT want him to faff around for ages in china training, get ON with the damn film already!
    I DO NOT want the criminal villain to be such a pathetic waste of time.
    I DO NOT WANT a black colored Robocop.
    I ESPECIALLY DID NOT want Robocop to spend most of the movie with his visor up, I've no need to see the actors ugly mug, I came to watch Robocop dammit! What's worse is the BS about the controlling computer to justify having him have the visor up too much

That said, I did enjoy Micheal Keaton's performance. If it wasn't for him, I'd be rating this film lower.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2014-02-14 at 10:17 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Tree of Life - 7/10
    Assigned viewing for my film studies class. Really interesting film, though, my mind (and body) started to wander after a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Robocop, 4/10

Ok as an action movie, but there was just too many things that didn't ring true. I was willing to put aside my distaste for the suit re-design (And STILL maintain classic robocop did NOT need to be updated!), but the film just screwed around too much. Man it seemed to take SO.LONG to finally have Robocop fully up and running. And while I find it odd to say this...I think the film took itself TOO seriously. Robocop wasn't exactly a joke a minute parody, but it I think it had JUST enough "wink wink nudge nudge" behind the scenes.

I DO NOT want/need to see Murphy fool around with his wife(I came for Robocop, not Murphy).
    I DO NOT want Robocop whinging and crying to die when he sees himself for the 1st time, its really uncomfortable having to watch the doctor try to talk him out of wanting to die, and doesn't exactly make for a pleasant viewing experience. This is basically meant to be a bit of a super hero film, not some war drama or doco, geez!
    I DO NOT want him to faff around for ages in china training, get ON with the damn film already!
    I DO NOT want the criminal villain to be such a pathetic waste of time.
    I DO NOT WANT a black colored Robocop.
    I ESPECIALLY DID NOT want Robocop to spend most of the movie with his visor up, I've no need to see the actors ugly mug, I came to watch Robocop dammit! What's worse is the BS about the controlling computer to justify having him have the visor up too much

That said, I did enjoy Micheal Keaton's performance. If it wasn't for him, I'd be rating this film lower.
    You realize that they are setting it up for a franchise of movies, and probably a TV show of some sort ? Hence the slow pace of the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fruitvale Station: 8/10

Jimmies were rustled, feels were felt. Great acting as well.

Gonna go watch Oldboy 2013 version tomorrow, let's see how much they destroyed a classic.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-02-14 at 09:23 PM.

Knights of Badassdom, 8/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gravity 10+/10 - I haven't had a movie blow my mind is quite some time and I'm a big lover of film. I CANNOT WAIT to see it on Blu ray.

Bad Grandpa - 9/10 - Was pretty damn funny. I also tend to give easy high scores because there's not many things I dislike, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Her 8,5/10

INSANELY deep movie. One of the best movies I've ever seen for sure! It has some strange scenes (even disturbing depending on the person) but the concept behind all of it is friggin' BRILLIANT.

It isn't just a plain melancholic movie with some deep stuff in it. It's bigger and goes on to topics - even if not explicitly shown - that I couldn't even think of. GENIUS film and it's a must-watch for couples that enjoy a great film with great meaning and intense thematic.

Now if y'all excuse me I'll go cry in the shower. Alone. haha

Robocop: (2014)

10/10

Not only is the future of an international robotic law enforcement a possible reality and a wet dream of the State, but the movie's use of social commentary, political satire and heavy mockery of the media, nationalism and corporate schemes, was absolutely brilliant.

But, it's all done in such a way that if you don't know what to look for, you won't even notice it.

The movie itself has fantastic visuals, superb acting, a perfectly-fitting score with intense action that will have your heart racing. I thoroughly enjoyed this new and slightly darker take on the Robocop franchise and I give mad props to the writers for such an awesomely clever script! Would love to see a sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Robocop: (2014)

10/10

Not only is the future of an international robotic law enforcement a possible reality and a wet dream of the State, but the movie's use of social commentary, political satire and heavy mockery of the media, nationalism and corporate schemes, was absolutely brilliant.

But, it's all done in such a way that if you don't know what to look for, you won't even notice it.

The movie itself has fantastic visuals, superb acting, a perfectly-fitting score with intense action that will have your heart racing. I thoroughly enjoyed this new and slightly darker take on the Robocop franchise and I give mad props to the writers for such an awesomely clever script! Would love to see a sequel.
    I would have to agree with this, I am seeing alot of hate for this movie around the interwebs. Despite the nonsense I decided to go see it, and I am glad I did. I really enjoyed this reboot. Gary Oldman really shines in his role, was a perfect cast.

Robocop 8.5/10

Ender's Game
    5/10

I thought it just felt really rushed, almost like I was watching lots of montages smashed together.