10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Knight, rewatched to get the feel for the atmosphere (helps with what I am trying to write right now). Still 10+/10. One of the best films I ever saw.

Deleted
    Captain America Winter Soldier : 2/10 was pretty gash. The one liners sucked, nothing essentially happened the whole film and it was generally weak.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Captain America Winter Soldier : 2/10 was pretty gash. The one liners sucked, nothing essentially happened the whole film and it was generally weak.
    SHIELD kinda stopped existing.

The Grand Budapest Hotel 8/10
    Entertaining movie, loved the scene decoration

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guardians of the Galaxy

I just got back from watching this film and all I have to say that I was dissapointed in this movie and think it was hyped way to much. It wasn't the best Marvel film I've seen, X-Men DOFP and Captain America 2 were a lot better than GOTG.

The action/fight scenes, the score was great. I loved Rocket and Groot.

I didn't think it was all that funny, it felt the humor was forced.

7/10
    Last edited by vicky82; 2014-08-03 at 05:07 PM.

Need for Speed: 4/10

The vast majority of the plot is so predictable that there is little to no anticipation. Also, I take issue with the idea that no officers were injured or killed during the ending cops/racer clash, which would have definitely increased his jail stay. It was just all too convenient for the sake of convenience.

Divergent: 4/10

This movie had an interesting premise going in, but took way too long to get going. There wasn't much to think about in terms of philosophy (the idea of identity that the movie kept bringing up) and the action was all but missing. In the end, I'm not even sure what the movie was trying to be.

The Expendables 3: 8/10

I would have given the movie a higher score if the young (assumingly more "relatable") cast they added wasn't as boring to watch. Loved the addition of Wesley Snipes and Antonia Banderas. As expected Wesley Snipes had to take some tax evasion jokes, but he took them in good humor. I feel like Mel Gibson was probably the best villain of the three movies so far and that final showdown was some damn good action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locke - 9/10

Absolutely amazing. So much respect for Tom Hardy.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 8/10
    Best Avengers Universe (or MCU) movie yet in my opinion. Part of it is because it's much more unique compared to the rest of Marvel Studio's movies. It's kinda MCU meets Star Wars/Star Trek/Firefly, and it's hilarious. The characters are great, perhaps even greater than the Avengers. There's a lot of cool action scenes, and I enjoy the 70's music they've stashed in there. Overall, it's just great.

Deleted
    27 weddings - 3/10.

It was in the TV and my wife wanted to watch it, so we did
    chickflick about a woman who goes to alot of wedding, then falls in love with a man who turns out to work for a newspaper, which writes about a woman who keeps going to weddings. and ofc she dont know that it is HIM who writes about HER. He starts to fall in love with her too, and want to cancel the article, but his boss wont let him. She finds out about the newspaper and get angry with him and ... drama.... and in the end they both love each other. end ..of... boring...story

10+ Year Old Account
    Oculus - 5/10

Ok, I know it's a horror flick, but the only reason I give it the points that I did was because it was at least a quality movie. The acting was acceptable, the camera work was decent, the plot was interesting enough. The downside? It just wasn't scary, like at all. Without any actual fear, it's just a semi-interesting movie about a haunted mirror, like a documentary without the soothing narrator. It's decent if you're easily spooked, but I personally wouldn't watch it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Indeed, I heard so many good things about it so I finally watched it (hate most other Marvel movies). I'd give it a 6 or something though. The name is completely useless because it really isn't about the Winter Soldier. The big 'twist' happening rather soon is really predictable. I liked it more then the first but imo it's still your typical Marvel movie. And god did I hate the guy in the wings suit.

Had some good action scenes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Indeed, I heard so many good things about it so I finally watched it (hate most other Marvel movies). I'd give it a 6 or something though. The name is completely useless because it really isn't about the Winter Soldier. The big 'twist' happening rather soon is really predictable. I liked it more then the first but imo it's still your typical Marvel movie. And god did I hate the guy in the wings suit.

Had some good action scenes though.
    What did you really expect then?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Zero Theorem (2014): 7/10

I have no clue how to rate this one, but here goes.

Not as good as Terry Gilliam's usual greatness, but still a very entertaining movie. It resembles Brazil in so many ways, I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. It's surrealistic/dystopian with a ton of humor. It's weird to the point of exhibiting full-on cringe, it's colorful, got amazing actors (Mélanie Thierry is... WOW), and the ending is even more abstract and alienating Gillaim-ism than what we are used to.

However, it feels a bit cluttered and all over the place, which kinda marginalizes what the movie wants to say. It might turn people away with its weirdness, but I think it's worth a watch. dat Thierry doe... Woman got some cuuurves!

King Arthur (2004) 10/10

I know most people thought it wasn't good but I loved it...great story and action plus an amazing soundtrack

Expendables 3 - 6/10 just because of Antonio Banderas and Mel Gibson. Hated the young actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorn View Post
    King Arthur (2004) 10/10

I know most people thought it wasn't good but I loved it...great story and action plus an amazing soundtrack
    I actually loved this movie. The music was great. It was mostly just an action movie but the cast was pretty solid. Clive Owen, Mads Mikkelson, Joel Edgerton, etc. This and 13th Warrior are big guilty pleasures of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I actually loved this movie. The music was great. It was mostly just an action movie but the cast was pretty solid. Clive Owen, Mads Mikkelson, Joel Edgerton, etc. This and 13th Warrior are big guilty pleasures of mine.
    One of my guilty pleasures is Transformers 2...liked that movie a lot, thought it was really funny and action packed

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might be going to see the new transformers in a few days. Is it worth it or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I might be going to see the new transformers in a few days. Is it worth it or not?
    Scroll back a few weeks ago of this thread. Will give you a pretty good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Just leave your brain at the door and enjoy some explosions. Typical preparations for any Bay movie. People try too hard to hate things.

Captain America 2 - 8/10 Awesomeness everywhere.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.