10+ Year Old Account
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - 6/10

It was okay. It wasn't bad but it wasn't special like the first film was. The jokes felt forced, the story wasn't great, and the antagonists weren't worth getting excited over. I did appreciate that family was the clear focus but the individual stories were mediocre. Ultimately this was just a forgettable film for me.

Fate of the Furious 4.5/10

Saw this on half price day at my theater near me and the only reason I went and saw it. Coming from someone who doesn't like any of the F&F movies beyond the first one I could not get into this movie. I couldn't get into the stupid stuff they put on screen. The majority of the characters were at best ok to annoying, looking at Tyrese Gibson. They made Vin Diesel into freaking Batman who was unbeatable and everyone was fighting over trying to lick the ground he walked on. By far the best things about the movie were The Rock and Jason Statham and that is all on their charisma as actors and nothing with what they had to work with. The only scenes I liked were when they were on screen together and the focus.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 8/10

Direction is pretty darn good and the script is definitely intended to be a comedy. Which is hugely refreshing in the genre. Script is actually, genuinely, funny. With almost every scene having both a punchline and propulsion through the plot.

Though I think the first act of the film is a little flat. It's in the opening scenes where characters veer closer to caricatures. Kinda forced and slows down the film a fair bit. The reason being there are no stakes to this action. Despite this, the film triumphs in a space (pun intended hehe), where the genre simply lacks the talent in front and behind the camera to make genuine comedy work without slapstick. It is a comedy of character.

The Dinner 4/10

Meh. Not badly acted or filmed. Though the movie lacks anything to really say. At the end of this the movie is kinda pointless. Pretty close to being pretentious.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - 6/10 (Fine)

Another okay film from Marvel. Was entertaining for what it was, but I wouldn't watch it again. The comedy was good (most of the time) when it was there, and the slow-mo scene of Rocket and Merle taking out the mutineers was my favorite moment of the film. Sadly, the film fails to capitalize on it's potential: the death of Merle's loyal crew is glossed over and then played for laughs, Peter's father-son moment is only just that; a 15 second moment as opposed to an actually explored idea, and his response to his dad at the finale was... lackluster. The action was pretty bland, was at it's best when it was comical. Still, I did enjoy it, so if your looking for something new to see in theaters, I'd recommend this.

Prisoners - 9/10

Fantastic movie. Probably the best acting I've seen from Huge Jackman, nails the grieving/heroic parent role which is a tricky role to pull off, but you can feel his urgency to find his daughter throughout the film. Jake Gyllenhaal plays the bad ass detective without resorting to cliches and adds his own spin on it to make him believable and fun to watch, and it doesn't feel like you've seen it all before in a very crowded market (law enforcement).

Any fans of solving crime movies I'd defiantly check out prisoners

No Country for Old Men - 9.5/10

Coen brothers, don't need to say more. This movie is beautiful, haunting and suspenseful while being realistic as fuck and not your average A to B story.

Also huge huge thank you to the coen brothers for finally having believable injuries and proper treatment of said injuries. The scene where Javier Bardem's character is treating his wound is a fantastic scene. I really hate it when characters break their leg or whatever then do shit that would be impossible 2minutes later because its TV land and all you need to do is place a shirt on your bleeding artery. Yea right. Bonus points for being realistically violent.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-05-07 at 08:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ghost in the Shell (2017) - 2/10

What a hollow shell of a movie.

Deleted
    Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 - 6.5/10

In my opinion the worst of Marvels last 3 or 4 films or so. The beginning felt quite rushed, while the rest was quite slow. All the 'relationship' issues were obvious and linear. The bad guy was boring beyond believe. Does Drax actually ever fight? Gamorra (?) super assassin just shooting everything. Rocket and Yondu were the best characters by far imo, and for being some super advanced species, the Sovereign were quite stupid at what they did for the quite small part they were given in the end.

Was it funny? Sure, most of the time. It had some funky scenes, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to forget about it within a week or 2. The main villain of this movie also made Thanos look less frightening imo. After what happened here, it's also quite hard to fit the story in this MCU imo.

Anyways, it's a fun movie, but nothing to remember, and it would have been as good while NOT being in this MCU.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 - 8 / 10

Fun movie to watch. Another hit in the marvel universe. Entertaining from start to finish. Has a couple slow points but overall, very entertaining.

Underworld: Blood Wars: 6.5/10, was terrible. Some decent action.

Fast and Furious 8: 6/10 Felt like a bit of a let down, Statham/Rock stuff was good, the rest was just there.

Life: 7/10 Decent sci-fi thing, I liked that we're all going to die. Like a Cloverfield prequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Interview
    7/10
    James Franco do the best part of the film ))

5+ Year Old Account
    Movie - Monster Truck
    Rating - 10
    Review - New and interesting plot that combines Huge truck and Monsters. It's amazing how they make a concept out of Monster truck and they do it literally

CHiPs: 8/10, i lol'd a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogtooth (Κυνόδοντας) [2009]: 9/10

Finally saw this. Blew my fucking mind. One of those movies you will never forget, ever. Truly fucking bizarre nightmarous black comedy that makes you realize that we are all really fucked up and weird creatures.

Rip Mary Tsoni (30 years old)
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-05-09 at 08:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hobbit Trilogy

The Unexpected Journey 8/10
    Desolation of Smaug 7/10
    Battle of the Five Armies 5/10

I remember rating these alot higher when they came out and I do still like them, the last movie drags way too much though.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-05-09 at 09:40 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The Hobbit Trilogy

The Unexpected Journey 8/10
    Desolation of Smaug 7/10
    Battle of the Five Armies 5/10

I remember rating these alot higher when they came out and I do still like them, the last movie drags way too much though.
    For me they were like 5/10 for the first one, 3/10 for the second one and I couldn't even finish the third one.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: 8 ~ 10 Solid entertainment. Genuine laughs. I enjoyed it quite a bit, up until I went out to the parking lot and saw that some dumbass tagged the rear of my fucking car.

The Nice Guys: 8 ~ 10 Crowe and Gosling shared nice chemistry. Some funny, funny stuff. Felt like it should've been part of a series on cable or something, and not a movie that may not get a sequel.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    For me they were like 5/10 for the first one, 3/10 for the second one and I couldn't even finish the third one.

I still think the movies shield have been 2 parts and not 3, there was so much needless padding. But I still enjoy them even if the third is a chore to get through. The one thug the movies did better than the books was give all the dwarfs character. ..

there was just so much stuff added that was cringe worthy like the dwarf/elf romance thats some fan fic badness there
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Dalida - 5/10

Dalida is a movie that started out sad and ended sad without really trying to make a point. Due to the lack of a proper introduction to the ill-fated singer's career buildup, I often found it difficult to sympathize with the main character. I also felt that the director wasn't sure if he was making a romantic drama or a discography, so the result is a passable flick which often fails to captivate and uplift its audience before the next crash.

During the later stages of the movie, someone in a seat next to me commented on how Yolanda Gigliotti was getting dangerously close to being portrayed as a Black Widow, and I think that was pretty spot on; she had driven every man in her life to madness which ultimately drove her insane, too. There is a thin silver lining to be found, but you have to cling to it long and hard in order to make it through the whole movie.

In the end, I give Dalida a solid 6/10 due to the way some of her best pieces were paired with their corresponding scenes—Je Suis Malade was used to an especially powerful effect—but I docked an additional point because I had to wait over 50 minutes for a decent foot shot.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-05-10 at 03:56 AM.

Guardian of the galaxy vol 11, I woulr rate it 7/10.

Guardians of the galaxy vol 2 9.5/10

i just love how colorfull it is
    and of course again they did make the soundtrack an integral part of the film. not just background music.

I can't really get behind all the arguments of the critics aka : character development is to linear and all that.
    Sincerely .. who cares?
    i was entertained very nicely. for me thats all that matters.