Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gladiator 9/10

I cried many times during my his film
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

7+ Year Old Account
    Temple (2017) - 3/10

Production quality was solid. Acting was solid. Story failed to deliver. Started off ok and then failed to provide anything meaningful.

The Greatest Showman (2017) - 7/10

A neat feel-good musical. Perfect for the Christmas period and for families. The morals/themes were sweet. Bit unsure on whether it's a "high" 7 or "low" 8, but for now it's a 7.

IT - 7/10

Finally got around to see this one. I absolutely loved the original IT and found it one of the scariest movies when I was a child, now I might have felt the exact same for this movie...... if only I was the same age. Overall I found it quite enjoyable, but it did get weaker during the 2nd and 3rd act where the mystery is all but gone with just a killing clown left to kill. There are things that the original did better and things this version did better. I vastly prefer Tim Curry as Pennywise The Dancing Clown and his design, but the new Pennywise was not as bad as I expected and mostly carried the movie. It was not so scary at all and I think they could've tried to take more risks, rather then coming up with all these random zombies, try to actually do more gory things that freak the kids out. They also used way to many jumpscares which have gotten predictable. I loved the opening with George and its obvious that they wanted to take the original scene from the first IT a bit further, making it a lot more graphic. I wish they did the same thing with the rest of the movie. I was losing interest towards the end of the episode where IT came over to weak, definately the weakest part. Hopefully they will do the next chapter better than the originals did. Also the kids acting was great.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2017-12-11 at 02:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dunkirk 3/10

Holy shit I expected more from it. Can't remember when I have been so disappointed in a movie. Boring, uninteresting and somewhat weird pg-13 war flick. Even the good soundtrack couldn't save this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Holy shit I expected more from it.
    Felt the same coming out sadly.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Coco, 8.5/10

It takes you into a different world and lets you experience it. The writing was solid, the characters well done and plot even has a twist or two.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Logan. Easy 10/10

Finally saw it just now on HBO. Wow... such a fantastic movie. What a fucking send off to the old X-Men.

The Great Gatsby (the Robert Redford one).

7/10

If you don't know the story, it's intriguing enough to keep you fairly interested, and it's just predictable enough to be satisfying, but surprising at times. It's no Citizen Cane in my book, but it's worth a watch. The best part is how much it makes you think about the little choices we make each day and how much more they matter than we realize.

7+ Year Old Account
    Office Christmas Party (2016) - 5/10

A couple laugh out loud moments but in general boring and predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

El Camino Christmas (2017) - 2/10

The acting was decent. Direction and production were okay. The story though... I don't know what the hell they were trying to do: Boring.

I finally saw "IT" as well.

Spoilers!

I've never seen the mini series, so this was my first experience with the property. Lemme start off by saying that opener was PERFECT. I thought this movie was PG13 going in, so when Pennywise ripped Goergie's arm clean off and he's SCREAMING and crawling for his life, my jaw hit the floor! This is exactly what I was looking for. I love it when a movie doesn't shy away from the taboo of hurting children

And Pennywise was done so damn well. Like I said, I never saw the miniseries, but this version was so damn creepy in the best of ways. The wandering eyes, the salivating, the overall look!? Nailed it. His tormented of the kids, specifically Eddie after he falls through the floor and starts having a panic attack. Perfect. Pennywise mimicking Eddie's difficulty breathing right before lunging into the boy's face was had me so captivated/scared/excited I started cheering for the clown.

I was DYING for Pennywise to kill one of the main characters, just to prove he was capable of doing so, rather than being thwarted at the last minute. The slashing of Ben's belly (Also during the house scene) with Pennywise's claw was satisfying, but I wish the scene went on a little longer before Pennywise ultimately retreated. I get bummed out when the villain has heroes on the ropes but chooses to retreat. He did get an iron poker stabbed through his face so...I guess he had reason enough to make his escape.

The kids were good. Beverly heckin KILLED it. She genuinely looked terrified when the film called for it, and her scenes with the father legitimately had me more disturbed than Pennywise at times. Their first interaction where Bev goes into the bathroom and cuts her hair had me so shook up I started tearing up. She acted that scene so damn well.

Flaws - Mike disappearing in the middle of the movie. I read up on his story and he had such a great background to play with, it's a shame we didn't get more of it. Maybe in the sequel

Henry the bully. I haven't hated a kid in a long time, but I despised this kid (with good reason), but I don't really understand why he was necessary. His story line seemed to go nowhere, but perhaps there's more to it.

Ben getting slashed by Henry AND by Pennywise. I think the victim could have been switched so it wasn't all one person getting beat on. Plus, Pennywise delivers what looks like an eviscerating cut across Ben's belly, but in the next scene he's just walking around fine with a giant gash in his flesh. Shouldn't he be a little more concerned?

The kiss. Kinda cheesy, but it was better than a preteen gangbang so....

TLDR - Despite the horror aspects, I found this movie to be way more psychological than anything else. Frightening scenes, but I was more intrigued by the story than I was scared by it. Great acting, great casting, great use of practical effects.The story got a little lost toward the end, but ultimately finished strong. I'm pretty damn excited for the next chapter.

8/10

Got a screening for The Shape of Water tomorrow! Hyped!

Last edited by Bathory; 2017-12-11 at 09:43 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

the mummy (the one with tom cruise)
    3/10

Tom cruise and another guy are treasure hunters in the military, who stumble upon a tomb holding a long forgotten pharaoh's daughter, who embraced evil in order to get back at her family. Tom cruise unearths this mummy, and is in a struggle in the movie with this mummy about sacrificing him to appease the god of death.

This movie was awful, tom cruise trying to look all hunky, in ur typical middle aged man in a cool jacket with spiky haircut just like the Far cry games. Toss in some really overly tacky humor, and a blonde and that's basically the movie. They tried to cash in on the mummy franchise, but although interesting enough, they focussed more on tom cruise than the actual mummy the entire movie, and it was rather lame.. I wish they spent more time about the actual backstory of the mummy, instead of tom cruise trying to get his acting career back on track.

----

kong skull island

5/10

skull island is found in the middle of the bermuda triangle, where king kong lives with other monsters.

samuel l jackson plays a bad boy miltiary leader who just wants to kill things, and john goodman is a scientist. They go to an island, and upset kong, who kills half their squad, they come across john c reily who has been stuck on the island for 28 years, and still fits all of his clothing he had from world war 2, which are in pristine condition by the way. They come to realize kong is the islands protector from skull creatures, which live underground. Overall, fun movie to watch, had some cool battles, other than that the movie could be skipped all together, forgettable movie aside from the fights.

The Shape of Water 6/10

Really well acted but I felt the plot was too obvious in it's direction. The movie is incredibly predictable. Very well made from a sound, design and photography POV.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Logan is a steaming pile of fail with a turd on top.
    Logan is a breath of fresh air among the superhero genre spam. Easily an 8+ out of 10 movie.

The genre splicing of super hero and western setting with a more realistic feel was mint. So, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Alien Arrival - 1/10

Logan is a steaming pile of fail with a turd on top.
    Is it possible for you to elaborate on your ever so curt a remark?

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2/10 obviously not made for me.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2/10 obviously not made for me.
    What was wrong with it?

Not the biggest fan of the reboot to say the least here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What was wrong with it?

Not the biggest fan of the reboot to say the least here.
    I have to wait 3 days with spoiler alerts to tell you. But I’ll say I’m disappointed with how much I predicted this accurately and as for the ep9, yeah I now have zero interest.

Honestly there are some pretty dead on predictions by others too I’d hoped they were wrong.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The Shape of Water 6/10

Really well acted but I felt the plot was too obvious in it's direction. The movie is incredibly predictable. Very well made from a sound, design and photography POV.
    I feel like you might be suffering from predictomania.

10+ Year Old Account
    the babadook - 5/10

Reviews of this film stated that it would quite literally 'scare the crap out of me'. Nah, not even remotely close. The build up was great nevertheless.