10+ Year Old Account
    Match Point: 8/10.
    A drama-thriller raising some uneven and interesting points about coincidence and temptation. This is actually a shocking look at the terms of class. A brilliantly written feature by Woody Allen, unlike any of his films. Brilliant work from Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Scarlett Johansson.

The Oregonian: Jacob's Ladder as filtered through the lenses of early Lynch and Cronenberg. Not a groundbreaker by any means, but a solid homage all around with some memorable imagery. 7/10

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 8/10
    Very, very badass. Deviates from the book, but was still very entertaining and fun to watch. Would see it again.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 2/10

I expected ridiculous going in, but not every vampire cliche in the world to go with it.

The entire thing was entirely too predictable and I found myself struggling not to laugh every time one of Lincoln's most famous lines was spoken by a different person. Was entirely too cheesy for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thor

I know it's a year old. i jus rewatched it and enjoyed it a lot more than I did originally. It's just a really well-done fun movie.

Giving it 7.9/10

The Hitcher

Sean Bean is a bad, bad man in this one. But Sophia Bush is hot and did a great job acting in it. I was surprised that it was produced by Michael Bay. I'm normally not into these types of movies but I actually thought it was pretty good despite the reviews I read about it before seeing it.

Gave it 7/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman Begins: 8.5/10.
    A dark thriller with wonderful characters, and a bravura script. I have seen The Dark Knight twice, but just saw this for the first time. While not as good as The Dark Knight, it is a dark and joyful ride through the rise of the Dark Knight of Gotham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    So I saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, I have to say it was a very entertaining movie, which looks at our 16th president as if he was a super hero. The story takes a look at the events of his life and adds Vampires as a hidden subtext of all the events. Even though the premise is pure cheesy B-Film, the film impressed me, the acting was first rate, the story was good and you really feel that this film was made to honor Lincoln. In some ways this was one of the most accurate films about his life, and 90% of it was fantasy. I saw only one flaw in the film the vampire female was wearing pants. When a history buff like me can only pick up one noticeable modern Anachronism. Granted some of the fantasy elements where comic book features so we can forgive the Ax/Riffle, his near super strength, and a few other larger than life abilities. After all Lincoln is one of the Larger than life Historical figures.

If you want a good Action flick that is both high quality and a little bit fantasy. go see Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

I give it 8 out of 10. (lost points for not being a deep story, but that is also the appeal)

p.s. the "Car Chase" had me laughing out loud. You'll understand when you see it.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2012-06-24 at 12:14 PM.

Brave - 7/10
    Not quite as amazing as amazing as what Pixar normally puts out, but still very good.

Ink - 11/10!

Anyone who likes movies and has not seen this film should do themselves the favor and go see it. It will quickly become up your list of favorite movies after you watch. Its hard to really describe exactly how this film works its so very different, but the story they are able to create on such a low budget compared to the normal hollywood movie is incredible

21 Jump Street.

I went expecting decent retarded humor reminiscent of Hangover, and was pleasantly surprised with how meta the movie was. Loved the whole thing

9/10

Brave - I tried to avoid all the pre-reviews I could for this movie because I wanted to go in unspoiled because I tend to enjoy pixar movies and it has been a while since they released a pixar original, which I was excited about (especially since there has been no big budget animated film this year to impress me, Secret World of Arriety wasn't big budget), so I did have overly high expectations, which probably put me off a bit. However the opening was fantastic, the characters were very well developed, it's just the plot took a turn that made me go 'why did they do that, there was so much more potential if they did what I thought they were going to do.' But the actual plot has grown on me and I should have seen it coming since they did foreshadow it a lot during the opening. The actual plot has grown on me a bit and I do think it did work for them, but even then it was missing a bit of umph and felt more sweet near the end. It was also lacking a real 'villain' but I thought that worked in the movies favor. Now I still would have preferred if it had more of the 'heroes journey' arc I was expecting it to have, but I still enjoyed it, and it still had a neat message behind it. Miles better than movies like Madagascar 3, and I would suggest this movie over quite a lot of movies. Good fun, and visually stunning, as well as having a great soundtrack. 7.8/10 for Brave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thor
    7/10
    not quite as "cool" as i'd hoped for. not sure what i'd change, but the climax of the movie was lackluster. it was a 5 minute scene and i was like "really, that's all he had to do?" kind of left me with a bit of a pit. movie was cool, but needed a bit more development on loki to explain his powers
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Battleship.
    Had everything I sought.. Hawaii, aliens, action, water and they even included a shark. Can't get any better for someone who's a fan of all these elements individually.
    10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heat (seen it before, a god damn classic is what it is!)
    9/10
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Battleship.
    Had everything I sought.. Hawaii, aliens, action, water and they even included a shark. Can't get any better for someone who's a fan of all these elements individually.
    10/10.
    Completely offtopic, but I have to say I think Samuel T. Anders is a sexy sexy man.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Madagascar 3, 6/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff, Who Lives At Home: 8/10.
    Jeff lives at home. He is a philosophical guy, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t know how life works. I loved this movie. Jeff, who is portrayed outstandingly by Jason Segel, is not the average human. He sees signs no one else sees, and he believes in destiny. His brother Pat, who is portrayed by Ed Helms, is unlike Jeff. He lives a mature adult life, but his relationship with his wife is struggling, and he is on the edge of a social breakdown. We silently notice how mature Jeff is, in his own way, and how Pat, who thinks he has everything under control, is crushing under his flaws. Events lead to a climax, where Jeff and Pat confront their individual problems, and in a public accident without themselves involved, they, with or without the help of a higher specie, learn how to stabilize their respective lives.
    Directed by Jay and Mark Duplass.
    Starring Jason Segel, Ed Helms, Susan Surandon and Judy Greer.

Just saw Brave with my sister. I'd give it an 8/10 only because it breaks the mold of traditional princess movies that Disney has put out. Also, Pixar did an amazing job with cinemetography; expect them to win a lot of awards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rebecca (1940)

8/10

This is the only Hitchcock film to win Best Picture and it was a gem, really enjoyable performances from Olivier and Joan Fontaine, and George Sanders played the cad as usual. I liked this movie a lot, it was about a woman being overwhelmed marrying up into a wealthy household and having the mystique of the deceased previous wife hanging over her every move, then things take a more familiar Hitchcock turn in the final act. Worth watching for anybody who can stand to watch movies that aren't in color or don't have constant explosions.