10+ Year Old Account
    Cloud Atlas. 7/10. The film is not bad, and it's definitelly not your average "film animal", plus it's quite a piece of film craftmanship. It's not that comfortable a watch, however. Hence the 7/10, being very subjective in this case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Cloud Atlas. 7/10. The film is not bad, and it's definitelly not your average "film animal", plus it's quite a piece of film craftmanship. It's not that comfortable a watch, however. Hence the 7/10, being very subjective in this case.
    im interested in watching this, ive heard mixed reviews from friends/family. most people saying they had no idea what was going on in the film and it was too confsuing.

Paranormal Activity 4 - 2/10

Just terrible. They don't even now what they want to do with the mythos anymore and there was zero suspense. The only decent aspect was the xbox kinect parts, they were pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cabin in the Woods - 8/10
    It's no cinematic masterpiece but it's one hell of a good watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When they cry) 8,5/10
    It was really good, but the original (anime series) was much, much, much better.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Argo, initially 8/10. Then about 20-30 minutes after I watched it and collected my thoughts on the inaccuracies, 6/10. When you promote something as being a "true story" or even "based on a true story" you have an obligation to at least try to remain faithful to the facts. Decent spy thriller, horrible as a "true story."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Ironman - 8/10

Amazing movie. I just love Tony Stark and his attitude in the movie. Also how can you not love that suit!

15+ Year Old Account
    The Campaign (with Will Ferrell and Zack G) - 6/10

Not bad, but not laugh-out-loud funny either. I feel like Ferrell just makes the same kind of movie over and over, with the same recurring themes. This one is basically a less-funny Talladega Nights transplanted into the political arena. An outsider comes to challenge the golden boy and turns his world upside down. Just like in TN Ferrell has a loyal right-hand man, and even has the same type of shallow arm-candy for a wife. All in all there were a few good laughs, but it's nowhere close to Anchorman levels of hilarity.

So I watched twilight for the first time and found this video to sum up what I feel

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    I d even drop it to 6, expected more.

Deleted
    Pirates of the Caribbean 1 10/10
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2 8/10
    Pirates of the Caribbean 3 10/10
    Pirates of the Caribbean 4 9/10

Cloud Atlas 6/10
    The Expendables 2 7/10

15+ Year Old Account
    La Vita e Bella, 10/10. It's funny, it's impressive. Just a really good film.

Ratatouille (or however you write it. the disney film with the rat chef in it) 8/10

Ive been into watching disney movies lately and i kinda liked this. Not as good as some other ones though.

10+ Year Old Account
    In time, 6/10
    Started pretty good, had a nice plot, but all the action was kinda short and blurry

Oz: The Great and Powerful
    I went in not knowing if I should be expecting something similar to Alice in Wonderland or something more on the line of Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and I will say I got a movie that is somewhere in between those in its quality. First the visuals of the movie were very well done (although I thought the make-up job in the WWW could have been better than it was) despite a couple of cartoony looking scenes.

It had some nice homages to the original, although they could have been done better, as well as the idea of there are people in Oz that correlate back to people the Wizard knew back in Kansas. Which, James Franco by the way did fairly well as Oz, although it probably would have been better in the hands of Robert Downey Jr. who was originally offered the role. Other performances like whoever played the Monkey (highlight of the movie right there), the china doll girl (who delivered the only heart the movie had in it), and Rachel Weisz as Evanora were well done. However my one complaint is Mila Kunis who did fine in the beginning however once she turns into the Wicked Witch of the West her performance goes completely downhill and misses it completely.

Overall the movie is enjoyable but doesn't in anyway match the original, which honestly should be obvious, and it's probably one of the better movies 2013 has to offer as of now, which honestly doesn't say that much considering the only other enjoyable movie I have seen in 2013 so far is Warm Bodies. So 6.5/10 for Oz.

And after writing all that (ok it really isn't that much, but still) I don't feel like writing much more for these other films but I will write a short comment next to them.

Jack the Giant Slayer 4.5/10, it's alright but has awful CGI and a very bland story. It's entertaining if you don't have to pay anything for it.

Identity Thief 5.5/10, Strong performances by Melissa McCarthy and James Bateman but other than that everything here is mediocre at best.

A Good Day to Die Hard 3/10, Again to keep it short, a complete disgrace to the Die Hard franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oz the Great and Powerful, 7/10. All-around fun to watch. I was totally immersed in the world of Oz, thanks to Sam Raimi's visual style (whoever had the idea to have him direct, kudos). I was also surprised by James Franco's performance, which more than made up for the missteps made by Mila Kunis (who was horribly miscast, IMO). I wasn't expecting Franco to be bad, but as a huge Robert Downey Jr. fangirl I was looking for things to be critical about. I honestly didn't find anything to complain about in that department.

My main gripe? Too little Bruce Campbell. Every film could use some more Bruce. /sagenod

Deleted
    Gangs of New York - 9/10 , absolute masterpiece by Scorsese, probably one of the best films i've ever seen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looper - 8/10. Watched it because I was bored and in the proximity of a redbox at the time, it was rather good. I liked the way it all went together, I would suggest it to those who like sci-fi flicks. Plus I think Emily Blunt is gorgeous.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others) 9/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big girls 4. The plot was about the same as the rest of em. The action was Huge. Skipped a couple of scenes, but ultimately it worked I got there. 6/10