10+ Year Old Account
    Léon - 9/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Croods: 6/10.

a decent film, some funny jokes, good voice acting (Nick Cage ftw ) but overall the story was just a little too predictable. I didn't feel like it was a waste of my money to go and see it, but I wouldn't see it again.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am a little late with my year-end list, but here it goes. I took a lot of time making my list, and rewatched most of the movies I considered. I should also say from the start that I saw A LOT of movies from 2012 so I'd say my list is kind of prestigious (not to be a pretentious bitch). It's not like I watched the biggest blockbusters and made my list from that, I really spent a lot of time and money on this. But what can I say, the film medium is my passion.

I also know this is the wrong thread to post the thing in, but I couldn't find the proper thread, it's probably dead now that it'd been months.

Best Pictures of 2012
    20: The Sessions
    19: The Paperboy
    18: Monsieur Lazhar
    17: Seven Psychopaths
    16: The Impossible
    15: Safety Not Guaranteed
    14: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    13: Cosmopolis
    12: Killing Them Softly
    11: Django Unchained
    10: Cloud Atlas
    09: Amour
    08: Last Ride
    07: Silver Linings Playbook
    06: Your Sister's Sister
    05: A Late Quartet
    04: End of Watch
    03: The Master
    02: Les Misérables
    01: Life of Pi

All the movies I'll list now are also ones I truly loved, consider that each one of them could have been on my list. Those are my "runners-up", I guess you could say.

Grand Jury Prize (in alphabetical order):
    Argo / A Royal Affair / A Simple Life / Beasts of the Southern Wild / The Dark Knight Rises / Death of a Superhero / Lincoln / Oslo, August 31st / People Like Us / Robot & Frank / Ruby Sparks / The Secret World of Arrietty / To Rome with Love / The Words / Wreck-It Ralph

And of course you can comment on my list, but please don't be all like "you forgot XX" or "XX was bad, it should not be on your list", because it is my list. I thought those were the 20 greatest films out of the grand batch I saw.

Deleted
    Upside Down - 3/10
    Really wanted to like this, the concept was intriguing and it looked visually stunning. Everything else about it let it down. The narrating at the start is terrible.

The Lucky One - 10/10
    No idea what was happening, just stared at Zac Efron for the full movie.

The Hobbit- 7/10
    The dwarves just looked way to CG and wasn't crazy about how it ended but then again it did follow the book pretty welll.....

Skyfall - 4/10
    Worst bond movie ever 3 actions scenes, horrible bad guy, no new tech and then bam the movie is over....

Deleted
    Rampage - http://www.imdb.co.uk/title/tt1337057/
    Wait for it, its a GOOD Uwe Boll Movie, Its not fantastic, and the subject matter is a little dark, but compared to his other movies, this is actually watchable.
    id give it a solid 6/10

one scene that sticks with me, is where mid Rampage he stops off at a bingo hall for a sandwich and a drink. totally surreal moment.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-03-28 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Yeah, I am a little late with my year-end list, but here it goes.
    Nice list, I haven't seen them all, but would say that Ruby Sparks was a better flick than SNG.

Also, the Master was exemplary acting and cinematography wrapped in a rather meandering, unfocused movie. which is a shame.

Last movie I watched?

Warrior: 7.5/10, I had a little trouble with the relationship between the the brothers and father, especially the whole "I hate you more than anything, but can you still train me?" thing. Outside of that, it's a very underrated fight film, and definitely worth your time.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sling Blade 9/10 - Billy Bob Thornton as special kind of murderer.

I really enjoyed the long dramat!c arc.

Finally got around to seeing Silver Linings Playbook. Definitely a 10/10 for me! Jennifer Lawrence really shined in this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn
    14: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
    How did you feel about this one, as a whole? Would you expand on it?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    How did you feel about this one, as a whole? Would you expand on it?
    I turned it off after the first 45 minutes, it was very cliche high school stuff. >.< It was like the writers of the script had forgotten what high school was really like, and had only read about high school experiences in books like Sweet Valley High.

You didn't ask me, but just my $0.02...I doubt very many people will agree with me but it's my honest opinion.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. 8/10

It was so refreshing in it's innocence after the era of super bad and the hangover being the top comedies out there. Not that I didn't find super bad funny, it just seems like most comdies coming out after its release have just tried to copy its parting going wrong storyline. Jim Carey as Steve Grey : Brain Rapist (Chris Angel : Mind Freak) got me laughing hard a few times, and Oliva Wilde was just....phew. All in all it wasn't hilarious that i left with a side ache but I did walk out with a smile on my face.

Deleted
    The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 7.5/10

I wasn't expecting much going into this film but it was surprisingly very good, I thought the lead actor Logan Lerman was good and Emma Watson co-stars which is a bonus . It's a nice drama/romance movie that has a few good twists than your average clique movies we usually see in the same genre.

Deleted
    The Hobbit 6/10

The whole film just felt like an underwhelming adventure. It's still solid with some really stand out characters and a decent story but the dwarves felt like they had no personality besides Thorin and the CGI just pissed me off. Feels like Deja vu (Star Wars prequels).

Django Unchained 9/10

Another Tarantino movie that is superb. Excellent dialog, fleshed out characters with a simple but solid and well executed plot. My only complaint is that the final act was weaker compared to the rest of the film but maybe it's just me...wasn't really the ending I truly wanted.

Schindler's List 10/10

Saw this a long time ago as a kid but never paid attention to it but re-watched it today and it's the first film in maybe 10 years that has made me cry and I don't cry at all when it comes to films. I've felt so depressed after watching it but by god it's such a good film and really makes you aware of how atrocious and remorseless people were in one of humanity's darkest chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTheShark View Post
    The Hobbit- 7/10
    The dwarves just looked way to CG and wasn't crazy about how it ended but then again it did follow the book pretty welll.....
    The dwarves CGI? Whaaaaaaaaaat??

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Schindler's List 10/10

Saw this a long time ago as a kid but never paid attention to it but re-watched it today and it's the first film in maybe 10 years that has made me cry and I don't cry at all when it comes to films. I've felt so depressed after watching it but by god it's such a good film and really makes you aware of how atrocious and remorseless people were in one of humanity's darkest chapters.
    That is one of my favorite films of all time, more people should see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I turned it off after the first 45 minutes, it was very cliche high school stuff. >.< It was like the writers of the script had forgotten what high school was really like, and had only read about high school experiences in books like Sweet Valley High.

You didn't ask me, but just my $0.02...I doubt very many people will agree with me but it's my honest opinion.
    If you would have finished it you would know it wasn't really that cliche. Pretty good movie to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    If you would have finished it you would know it wasn't really that cliche. Pretty good movie to be honest.
    I might give it another chance, I have to finish Zero Dark Thirty too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spring Breakers and its a 1 out of 10.

The 1 is for the T&A in the movie and thats the only redeeming quality it has...

Olympus Has Fallen 2/10, just horrible, how did it get 50% approval by critics on RT i don't know. The CGI is shit, the plot is shit and a plane with miniguns flying around, raping everyone and not getting hit for fuckloads of time? Really????It's even worse than recently released die hard : <
    Last edited by Zeljo; 2013-03-31 at 05:20 PM.