Iron Man 3. 7/10, I quite liked it, though I would've preffered more had Ben Kingsley been the real Mandarin. I guess I will get flamed to death now. x)

Parker. 7/10. - good if you like Jason Statham, but not very original imo

Quote Originally Posted by Komati View Post
    The Amazing Spider Man : 5/10.
    It was okay. It was as okay as anything can be.
    Minus for not including the sentence "With great power comes great responsibility".
    Really? That one line is the only thing that kept Martin Sheen from being a perfect Uncle Ben (despite saying those words in a different order)? His character felt stronger, realer, that there was an actual family connection beyond an adult male holding a relative's child in their house.

Any of the animated series, Cliff Robertson from the other movies, they couldn't get that feeling. At all. Martin Sheen did, did it well, and this is what gives you a minus, simply because using those exact words would sound forced and cliche "just to be in there"?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Really? That one line is the only thing that kept Martin Sheen from being a perfect Uncle Ben (despite saying those words in a different order)? His character felt stronger, realer, that there was an actual family connection beyond an adult male holding a relative's child in their house.

Any of the animated series, Cliff Robertson from the other movies, they couldn't get that feeling. At all. Martin Sheen did, did it well, and this is what gives you a minus, simply because using those exact words would sound forced and cliche "just to be in there"?
    Really? He didn't seem too far away from being like the usual Uncle Bens. Granted, they did give him more of a paternal feel to him, it only seemed to last a few seconds. I suppose that's more due to the fact that he isn't seen a whole lot, due to limited time and all that, but it still seemed like there could have interaction rather than the strange/awkward looking talks they have. I remember when Peter shows his dad's bag, how for a split second, it looked like he was about to have a total freak out. Then May calls the bag dirty and orders Peter to take it away... which was also pretty strange...

Anyway...

Superman Unbound. Okay, I'm not the biggest Superman fan. Hell, I utterly hate the guy outside of animated media, so I may be a bit biased. But the movie wasn't that great...

While not the worst Superman movie (that title goes to All-Star) it's hardly anything to care about. Supergirl is completely pointless except for a few lines of explaining dialogue and the generic young hero who's unsure tripe that's just glanced over, there's really no drama at all in the movie, and Brainiac just seems... phoned in...?

The movie just reminds me why I don't find Superman entertaining. Hell, there are barely any real combat scenes in this movie, the point of having a superhero movie! Most of it is just exploration and talking... just talking... When there is combat, I just role my eyes and wonder when it will end and Superman ends up on top for X reason. There's one scene where he gets weaker (BIG SHOCKER!) but it effects nothing and he gets to full power shortly after with nothing changing. It's dull, it's pointless. When your superhero can do anything, trying to make him not look overpowered just makes it look agonizingly boring...

As for the main baddie... I don't know, while I'm not fully aware of Brainiac's full scope in the comics... Here, he is basically nothing. All he does is talk, talky talky talky, the basic superiority monologue. The fight scenes involving him are as equally pointless as he is, if you can call them that.. He talks, spouting off about how he is so awesome, then gets punched, starts talking again... gets punched... starts talking AGAIN... beaten. (Wait, what?)

I can't even say that this movie would just be a basic, give to the kids to enjoy. I don't mind superheroes getting the "edgy" tone, but it's really forced in the movie. There's a few scenes to show blood, but there's very little actual violence. Hell is used a few times, and it feels tacked on. There's also a scene when someone flips someone else the bird... and I'm not sure... Was I supposed to laugh? I dunno...

5.5 is what I give it. Once again, I'm not big on Superman, for good reason mind you. But I suppose a big fan of the guy or someone who can take superhero movies with a grain of salt, it isn't too bad.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Iron Man 3: 4/10. Robert Downey Jr gets 10/10 for his acting, though, the only thing that made the movie endurable.

Issues I have with this movie:

The most prominent scenes do not include Iron Man, or if they do, they include comic relief. (Tony Stark gets hit in the groin with his armor.)
    The Mandarin is not the Mandarin
    Tony Stark as Sam Fischer
    Tony Stark turned into Bruce Wayne's depressiv "why can't I get my shit together" self. If he had no trouble sleeping after being held several months captive in a cave you would figure that a 3 minute trip to space fighting robot aliens should be a piece of cake, or his near-death experience from Palladium poisening. His whole anxiety is completly stupid.
    It renders the Peptalk Tony held for Bruce Banner in the Avengers completly pointless.
    It renders Iron Man 2 completly pointless. Iron Man 2 ist Tony Stark's struggle to stay alive. "Congratulations, Sir, you just created a new element." "Yeah, won't need it in 12 months anymore, so..." At the end of IM 3 we learn that he could just take the shrapnell out as easy as I change my underwear. Why didn't he do that in the first place?
    Memorable characters from this movie in ranking order: Tony Stark, that small kid who didn't bring him his sandwich, Ben Kingsley as "Look, I'm not actually Moriarty, but an actor" the Mandarin, Pepper Pots, as badass and very well in shape for her age, Yilsin, the botanist girl, the villain. What was his name? And his scheme? I forgot.

Robert Downy Jr is an excellent actor and delivers a wonderfull performance. I laughed a lot. But I definetly didn't get what I expected. If this was the first movie of Marvels second movie phase, count me out for the rest. I cannot recommend the movie to anyone else.

3D was not present.
    Yeah pretty much this. I have this thing with all the Iron Man movies where I enjoy them while I'm watching them but after the credits roll I suddenly realise that the movie kind of sucked and/or Iron Man was never actually in any real danger and/or all of the character development points (Tony Stark's emotional issues, dealing with the events of the Avengers etc) are just abandoned and serve no purpose in the story. But this one was considerably worse in that regard, if Robert Downey Jr. wasn't such an awesome Iron Man I would've found the movie pretty lousy. Especially the lazy way they suddenly decide to end the series at the end out of nowhere by having him blow up all his suits for no sane reason and pull the shard out of his heart like it's no biggie.

Personally I sort of enjoyed the twist with the Mandarin, would've been okay except that the replacement villain we get is lame. His motives are pretty weak and he's not very impressive as a villain, and the whole serum that makes you burn up and explode thing was just not a very interesting enemy for Iron Man in the end.

In short, why didn't they just make another Avengers movie?

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 05:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I felt that everything in that movie was just a complete re-tread of the first Sam Raimi movie, but not as good. Martin Sheen's portrayal included. And trying to clumsily re-word that famous line just to arbitrarily differentiate themselves from those movies, but being unable to come up with a suitable replacement so Uncle Ben is just rambling? The epitome of everything that was wrong with it. I gave it 0/10, complete waste of space.

Don't keep subjecting us to remakes of origin stories every time a major actor needs to be replaced... especially not when the earlier movies weren't even that long ago. They should've just made it Spiderman 4.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-05-15 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Grunt
    Hansel & Gretel - Witch Hunters

7/10 - Yes the film might not be amazing and everything but it kept me entertained for 90 minutes which is what a film is meant to do in my opinion, i did love the gorey bits in it but the story line is quite flat and does not really peak

Did love the hear/see Gemma Artreton swearing and cursing u just dont expect her to do so ^^

Ironman 3 - 7/10

the more I think about the movie, the less I like it. It is still entertaining and slightly better than the second one though. Maybe I just expected too much that the Mandarin would turn out to be as important for Ironman than the Joker for Batman because let's face it; all Ironman villains were quite boring and forgettable and Ben Kingsley is a great actor...

Star Trek into Darkness - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this one. Loved the story, the cast, the effects and so on. I wish they would have taken some more time for some plot points, e.g. the ending felt a little bit rushed, but otherwise I can definetely recommend the movie (especially if you have to choose between Ironman and Star Trek).

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post

Star Trek into Darkness - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this one. Loved the story, the cast, the effects and so on. I wish they would have taken some more time for some plot points, e.g. the ending felt a little bit rushed, but otherwise I can definetely recommend the movie (especially if you have to choose between Ironman and Star Trek).
    I just got back from seeing this in 3D and I agree with all of what you said. I completely expected the Klingons to attack when he was giving his speech at the end. Honestly that would have made a great ending and an excellent lead in to the next movie! They kind of just came and went.

The Lives of Others - (Das Leben der Anderen). A compelling realisation of life in the corrupt, paranoid, surveillance state of East Germany film. Somewhat sentimental too, in a good way. 9/10.

Star Trek: Into Darkness - 9/10 really enjoyed it. Cumberbatch was truly amazing I love his voice. As others have mentioned ending was a little rushed it felt but overall best movie I have seen this summer.

Watched 3 movies in a day with friends

Place Beyond the pines 9/10

really nice movie

Iron Man 3

8/10 Had some issues, not nearly as good as 2, but some decent things in it and .RDJ <3.

Star Trek:Into Darkness

10/10

What a beast of a movie, went back to watch Wrath of Khan and a bunch of others.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2013-05-18 at 05:26 PM.
    Howay the lads!

Children who chase voices from deep below
    I'll give it a 7 - strong recommendation.
    If you like anime, this will convince you that Makoto Shinkai is the next generation Miyazaki.
    Non-discipline since 2006. Also: fails. "Chakra, when the walls fell"

Star Trek - Into Darkness

2/10

Lazy storytelling. Felt like it was a Michael Bay film, except there were even more holes/moronic plot points than your average Bay flick.

Fast and Furious 6

1/10

The one mark came from the two black guys and their humor. The rest of it was a load of crap, unrealistic stunts, THE JUMP ACROSS THE DAMMED MOTORWAY. The air stripe scene lasted 20 minutes or more, at the speed they were traveling it should of ran out in less than 60 seconds. Complete plot failure. I wasn't looking forward to seeing it in the first place so that may of had a impact on it, but still to think they're bringing 7 and 8 out and Rhianana is in 7.

One word to sum it up

Diabolical

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fast and Furious 6

1/10

The one mark came from the two black guys and their humor. The rest of it was a load of crap, unrealistic stunts, THE JUMP ACROSS THE DAMMED MOTORWAY. The air stripe scene lasted 20 minutes or more, at the speed they were traveling it should of ran out in less than 60 seconds. Complete plot failure. I wasn't looking forward to seeing it in the first place so that may of had a impact on it, but still to think they're bringing 7 and 8 out and Rhianana is in 7.

One word to sum it up

Diabolical
    Although I don't like those movies, you have to remember that complaining about Fast and Furious movies for being loaded with unrealistic stunts is kind of pointless because that IS what those movies are, a bunch of mindless stunts and brainless action sequences to put butts in seats and entertain you while you chug down some popcorn.

If you go into a Fast movie expecting it to be realistic or have a good plot you are going to come out hating it, although if you go in just wanting to see some action than you might have a chance at enjoying it.

Again I don't like the movies simply because I hate brainless action flicks (I prefer action sequences to be scarce and the plot and development to carry the movie)

star trek - 8/10
    pain n gain - 8.5/10
    iron man 3 - 2/10
    “ Don't put on a dress and ask us if it makes you look fat, we hate that. Besides it's not the dress that makes you look fat. It's the fat that makes you look fat. ”- Great American icon

Iron Man 3 7/10 It was good but not great like the Avengers (10/10) and the other two Iron Mans (9/10 - 8.5/10)

I am going to do a small bulk of movies I have seen since I haven't done a good job keeping up with posting in here lately.

Oblivion - Tom Cruise pulled off a solid performance and the visuals were spot on, this is what made the movie work and be entertaining, the script however (even though it was original and kept my attention) was fairly weak and I felt like they could have done a better job using the talent they had in the cast (for example some of the most interesting characters in the movie, Morgan Freeman's character, are in there for literally like 10 minutes and then they are gone only to show up again for the climax (which just to say the conclusion was fairly weak and pointless in my opinion). Overall the movie was ok as a whole but it remained entertaining getting it to around a 6.3/10 for me.

Olympus Has Fallen - Yes, this is from all the way back in March I believe, and I'll just say this entertaining action sequences everything else is weak, it seemed like a cheap version of Die Hard. It was entertaining enough, but if you try to think at all during the movie you're just going to start realizing how illogical everything is in the movie and how nothing in it could have actually happened or would have even been plausible (such as the threatening to blow up all the nukes on while sitting, if you know anything about nukes you know the US has them made so they have to be dropped for safety, they can't explode on the ground, they aren't like a normal bomb. Or any of the other logic in the movie, including the fact that a regime of an already poor country would be that advanced and sophisticated). The acting was bland (especially the villains, they were really bad), and the plot was patriotically cheesy and racist. It was mind numbingly entertaining at best. 4.5/10

Iron Man 3 - When the movie had started I was really enjoying it, I felt like they were doing an awesome job with the direction of the plot and I felt like the humor came in naturally and wasn't cheesy, and then you get to the halfway point where a certain reveal is given, and while I applaud them for trying it, it really didn't work with how they approached the villain, all the stakes just felt much lower and then the ending action sequence, while awesome, made me wonder, "Why didn't he just do all that in the first place?" It was a fun movie nevertheless, very entertaining, and at least for the first half the plot points they were taking were superb (and the villain part could have been a cool thing to do to a villain, if it wasn't the Mandarin and if it wasn't a super hero movie, save the attempts at social commentary for movies that aren't big summer blockbusters). 7/10

The Great Gatsby - Let me first say, if you are going to take on a classic novel (especially a novel hailed as THE definitive American novel) you better do a really, really good job with it, and Baz did an ok job. I felt like he tried to over stress the subtle symbolism of the green light and spent to much time trying to show off a bunch of colorful and eye-popping visuals that he missed the mark on the most important story aspect. I'm not sure if I can totally blame, Baz, though because nobody has been able to pull off the Great Gatsby on the screen, and I think it has to do with more of the fact the novel just doesn't work that well on screen. Now time to mention the worst part about the movie, the soundtrack, I cannot understand why Baz thought it was appropriate to use a Jay-Z score for a period piece. I understand you can say, Quentin Tarentino did it for Django Unchained, but the difference is Quentin Tarentino wrote Django Unchained and it is a completely different kind of film than how the Great Gatsby should be, the soundtrack should have tried to encompass the feeling of the 20s, hell I would have been alright with jazz with a bit of a modern flair to it, but the score just didn't suit the movie well. The best part about the movie though was Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby, I was really hoping the movie would have been good because I knew that he is one of the closest actors alive you can get to Gatsby and so I felt like he was wasted in Baz's version of it (despite a great performance). The source material is fantastic, but Baz spent to much time trying to make it a visual splendor to counter-market Iron Man 3 that he forgot to make it a good movie, and it just comes off as entertaining. 5.5/10

Star Trek: Into Darkness - I loved the 2009 version of Star Trek, it was fun and engaging and the new cast did an excellent job at re-inventing these old characters while still staying true to them, and the cast does just as great a job in Into Darkness as '09. I will say I did not like it as much as the 2009 Star Trek because the script just didn't get me as much as the first, and I felt like Into Darkness could have been longer and that they rushed the ending, but that was one of the only big flaws I could find. I also would have liked a little more build up before they go after Benedict's character (won't spoil it for you), and speaking of Benedict Cumberbatch he was absolutely fantastic as the villain and stole the scenes he was in and he was what made all of the twists and turns work, as well as Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto's great performances as the title characters. Overall really enjoyed this film, 8.3/10

Mud - In the mix of all these big summer blockbusters you have a little Southern Gothic Drama named Mud, and although it won't make more money than any of the films listed above it is better than all of them (Even though I really liked Star Trek). You have some spot on performances of smaller characters that aren't overacted at the slightest and that was extremely refreshing after seeing a bunch of big personality blockbuster characters. It was the same with the script, it is nice and sweet but never goes sappy and has some very great emotional twists and turns as well as keeping you thinking throughout. This is a film that is very hard not to love, and the best way I can say it is, in the mix of all these summer blockbusters, Mud is nice and refreshing. 9.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Iron Man 3: 4/10. Robert Downey Jr gets 10/10 for his acting, though, the only thing that made the movie endurable.

Issues I have with this movie:

The most prominent scenes do not include Iron Man, or if they do, they include comic relief. (Tony Stark gets hit in the groin with his armor.)
    The Mandarin is not the Mandarin
    Tony Stark as Sam Fischer
    Tony Stark turned into Bruce Wayne's depressiv "why can't I get my shit together" self. If he had no trouble sleeping after being held several months captive in a cave you would figure that a 3 minute trip to space fighting robot aliens should be a piece of cake, or his near-death experience from Palladium poisening. His whole anxiety is completly stupid.
    It renders the Peptalk Tony held for Bruce Banner in the Avengers completly pointless.
    It renders Iron Man 2 completly pointless. Iron Man 2 ist Tony Stark's struggle to stay alive. "Congratulations, Sir, you just created a new element." "Yeah, won't need it in 12 months anymore, so..." At the end of IM 3 we learn that he could just take the shrapnell out as easy as I change my underwear. Why didn't he do that in the first place?
    Memorable characters from this movie in ranking order: Tony Stark, that small kid who didn't bring him his sandwich, Ben Kingsley as "Look, I'm not actually Moriarty, but an actor" the Mandarin, Pepper Pots, as badass and very well in shape for her age, Yilsin, the botanist girl, the villain. What was his name? And his scheme? I forgot.

Robert Downy Jr is an excellent actor and delivers a wonderfull performance. I laughed a lot. But I definetly didn't get what I expected. If this was the first movie of Marvels second movie phase, count me out for the rest. I cannot recommend the movie to anyone else.

3D was not present.
    I can't say that I disagree with you though I would have given it like a 6. Last movie I saw was warm bodies I think, I give it like a 8/10. Enjoyable movie.

Star Trek: Into Darkness. Freaking awesome movie, I'll be seeing it again even with a couple of plot holes. 9/10. The new cast is great with their roles, and Benedict Cumberbatch is just well: acting in god mode.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!