10+ Year Old Account
    The World's End 9.5/10

I've actually watched it twice already. I really enjoyed it. Not sure if it's going to be as infinitely re-watchable as Shaun and Hot Fuzz though.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    Riddick (New film) - 7/10.
    I liked Riddick (the character) since I 1st watched "Pitch Black" and its follow-up ~30 mins long animated film.
    The 2nd motion picture (2004) was bloody horrible though (3/10 from me), and this new film, returning to the origins of the series, redeems the brand (somewhat) for me, and leaves room for another sequel.

Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Riddick, good 7/10. Actiony, violent..y(??). Been a fan of Twohy for a while, including Pitch Black and so on. I'd put it behind Pitch Black, but ahead of Chronicles.
    Without spoilers, how is Katee Sackhoff in it?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Good I suppose. I wouldn't say it's an acting tour-de-force from anyone nor really required for that kind of movie. But she's kind of a bad ass.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I didn't know who she was (not watching Battle-Star Galactica), but that movie made me wanna find out on my own...
    Not a fan of blondes personally, I still found her an incredibly powerful and sexy woman in that movie... I'm hooked lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    I didn't know who she was (not watching Battle-Star Galactica), but that movie made me wanna find out on my own...
    Not a fan of blondes personally, I still found her an incredibly powerful and sexy woman in that movie... I'm hooked lol.

Badabing, badaboom!

We're the Millers

7/10

It had some hilarious parts, it had some extremely cliché parts, the striptease scene was kinda hot. But overall it's quite a funny movie to watch yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post

Badabing, badaboom!
    Pilots call me Starbuck. You may call me God.

She is like my everything.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-09-11 at 05:42 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Pacific rim 9/10 needed far more robots vs monsters!

Riddick, good 7/10. Actiony, violent..y(??). Been a fan of Twohy for a while, including Pitch Black and so on. I'd put it behind Pitch Black, but ahead of Chronicles.
    chronicles was pretty disappointing imo, so it's not really a high bar, lol. but pitch black was pretty badass. would you consider riddick closer to pitch black or chronicles?
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    chronicles was pretty disappointing imo, so it's not really a high bar, lol. but pitch black was pretty badass. would you consider riddick closer to pitch black or chronicles?
    Closer to Pitch Black for sure. Chronicles was a side romp...that said, Chronicles makes Pitch Black and Riddick better just by existing. On top of that, a lot of people judge Chronicles based on the theatrical release, which sadly was edited for length and content. Director's Cut is much much better.

If Chronicles didn't exist, Pitch Black remains just this weird movie about a dude who is like super strong and kills things and doesn't afraid of anything. Anyone not seeing Chronicles would also be lost as fuck seeing Riddick. What Chronicles did, if anything, was give Riddick a history and really elaborate on this universe Twohy's created or is trying to create.

For me it's easily Pitch Black > Riddick > Chronicles, but yeah I enjoyed all 3.

Closer to Pitch Black for sure. Chronicles was a side romp...that said, Chronicles makes Pitch Black and Riddick better just by existing. On top of that, a lot of people judge Chronicles based on the theatrical release, which sadly was edited for length and content. Director's Cut is much much better.

If Chronicles didn't exist, Pitch Black remains just this weird movie about a dude who is like super strong and kills things and doesn't afraid of anything. Anyone not seeing Chronicles would also be lost as fuck seeing Riddick. What Chronicles did, if anything, was give Riddick a history and really elaborate on this universe Twohy's created or is trying to create.

For me it's easily Pitch Black > Riddick > Chronicles, but yeah I enjoyed all 3.
    Chronicles was easily one of the worst explanations and origins expansion of all time. The games should've been released as movies instead. The lapses in logic, common sense and sanity in Chronicles are mind blowing to say the least.

On topic, Trance (Danny Boyle film): 8/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman begins (2005) 10/10

probably the best batman movie of the revived trilogy, fantastic to see bruces transformation and his struggle with justice over revenge. Also, that movie was a turning point for not just batman movies but superhero movies as a whole, it changes the genre from being comicy to a darker more serious action movie, after the batman and robin and batman forever nearly killing the genre in movie.

10/10 for the whole trilogy, one of my favorite movie trilogies ever made.

- - - Updated - - -

some times i feel like im the only one who liked chronicles, seems a bit underrated movie, but ive been a fan ever since i saw pitch black. not seen the new one yet though.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Chronicles was easily one of the worst explanations and origins expansion of all time. The games should've been released as movies instead. The lapses in logic, common sense and sanity in Chronicles are mind blowing to say the least.
    Admittedly it's been a while since I've watched it, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by lapses in logic or common sense and sanity. Or how they really detract from what is a science fiction film with Colm Feore chewing scenery like a boss.

Admittedly it's been a while since I've watched it, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean by lapses in logic or common sense and sanity. Or how they really detract from what is a science fiction film with Colm Feore chewing scenery like a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    is that an extended cut or something? ive never seen half of those scenes, but ive only seen the movie on tv.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    is that an extended cut or something? ive never seen half of those scenes, but ive only seen the movie on tv.
    All the scenes they pull up are in the standard cut.

Yeah, if you want to sit around nitpicking movies, going to movies must be an irritating experience to say the least. Most of those are just irritating gripes and drumming up the most insignificant tidbits of minutiae for the sake of "humoring" their cynical and un-fun subscribers. Half of the complaints can be chalked up to not paying attention, or those people who want you to explain something to them that gets explained literally like 3 minutes later. Focus more on watching a film than whining about it imo (that's to those EWW guys, not you).

No a good chunk of those are from the Director's/Extended cut. In fact, a couple of the complaints in that video are because they're chopping scenes from both versions. Showing a DC scene which would feel completely disconnected to someone who's only seen the theatrical version.

On top of that, linking me to a video doesn't really answer my question Was looking more for "in your own words."
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-09-11 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh, some of those scenes never appear in the TV showing here :\ ive seen the movie 3-4 times on tv here (seems to be on every few months for some reason) and some of those scenes ive never seen. either the tv cut is different from standard, or they are from extended.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    World War Z
    I would rate it 4/10 at most. GOD i hated it, the modern zombies who could run faster then humans, super zombies who SOMEHOW could transform into a gigantic wave. God it was bad. It had none of the "epicness" of the book, nor the suspend. it was the worst pieace of crap i seen in a long time. I litterlary felt it was the biggest waste of time i done in a long time, I mean I COULD have watched 2 epsiodes of the walking dead, worse trade ever.

Yeah, if you want to sit around nitpicking movies, going to movies must be an irritating experience to say the least. Most of those are just irritating gripes and drumming up the most insignificant tidbits of minutiae for the sake of "humoring" their cynical and un-fun subscribers. Half of the complaints can be chalked up to not paying attention, or those people who want you to explain something to them that gets explained literally like 3 minutes later. Focus more on watching a film than whining about it imo (that's to those EWW guys, not you).
    i was loving the idea of some riddick lore, but they cheesed it hard. in pitch black they claimed his eye thing was the result of a high risk operation from a shady prison "doctor", yet in chronicles they make it a racial bonus, and throw in lame prophesy stuff. it kind of took the whole thing of riddick being a rebel in charge of his own destiny and kind of crapped on it. that turned me off real quick, and i admit it colored the rest of the movie for me. still nowhere near as bad as the first highlander sequel, where they kept the name and the people and said fuck the rest of it. that remains the worst sequel ever for me
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i was loving the idea of some riddick lore, but they cheesed it hard. in pitch black they claimed his eye thing was the result of a high risk operation from a shady prison "doctor", yet in chronicles they make it a racial bonus, and throw in lame prophesy stuff. it kind of took the whole thing of riddick being a rebel in charge of his own destiny and kind of crapped on it. that turned me off real quick, and i admit it colored the rest of the movie for me. still nowhere near as bad as the first highlander sequel, where they kept the name and the people and said fuck the rest of it. that remains the worst sequel ever for me
    The eye thing in Pitch Black was just him fluffing Jack's imagination

I dunno, I liked them. Everyone's entitled not to like them. I just don't like prescribing to the "stop liking what I don't like" discussions all the time. Especially when it's not even someone's own opinion.

Blah!
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-09-12 at 12:15 AM.