The amazing Spiderman 2 - 5/10

Thought it was pretty bad, beside Electro trying to kill him because he can't remember his name I can't pinpoint what exactly but it felt boring and bland.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloun View Post
    Boyhood - 2/10

Middle-class suburban kid grows up into a pretentious deeper-than-thou teen. Ends with kid getting high and spouting bullshit philosophy to a girl he just met.

I wanted to shoot myself halfway through.
    But it's one of those artsy movies that will take home lots of awards just by existing. People try to attribute so much philosophy and hidden meanings to these movies, while in reality they just lacked content to stop the viewers' minds from wandering.

Boyhood
    A movie that takes 12 years of random, sporadic footage and scenes filmed to show different points in a boys life and molds into one complete picture when looking back in hindsight, in other words a metaphor for life

10/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Locke (2013): 8/10

Brilliant and unique little movie, it's proof you don't need millions of $$ to create something spellbinding. For those who don't know what it's about, it's a very minimalistic movie with Tom Hardy, as the sole shown actor, driving and talking on the phone, trying to salvage his whole life which completely went to shit in a matter of minutes. If you liked The Man from Earth or Buried, you will certainly love this. It will be off-putting for people who only watch movies with special effects or lots of action, but for me this has been one of the few movies in recent memory that made me empathize and care about the story and the main character. Tom Hardy delivered something great, and I'm gonna be really surprised if he won't get an Oscar nomination for it.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2014-07-29 at 07:40 PM.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes: 9/10

Great movie, not much bad to say about it. I didn't really care a lot for the human characters, but all the apes were badasses, especially Caesar.

Snowpiercer - 8/10
    The movie reminded me of Children of Men, as mentioned by Markluzz, but I'm not a huge fan of that "boring" dystopian grey-colored tone. Luckily, Snowpiercer is an interesting metaphor that has an interesting world/train, with some exciting scenes and shocks here and there, which makes up for the fact that it isn't as "entertaining" as other movies.

Amazing SpiderMan 2 - 8/10

I'm a sucker for marvel shit, so yeah. But this was pretty awesome, on par with if not better than Raimi's Spiderman 2 was.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Purge: Anarchy - 8/10

I'm not sure what I expected going in, but it definitely exceeded expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Immortals: 5/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
    Best.Marvel.Movie.
    That movie isen't out yet... Unless you have a time machine or a country that pre-release movies ahead of release dates

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    That movie isen't out yet... Unless you have a time machine or a country that pre-release movies ahead of release dates
    It has been screened places.

Deleted
    Amazing Spiderman 2 3/10
    Sometimes, I really could strangle someone. The rebooting of Spiderman was totally unjustified, and this movie continues to deliver the piles of trash that the franchise is fast becoming. Magnets stopping huge amounts of electricity really ? I know it is a comic book movie and we are supposed to suspend belief but that was just stupid. The reintroduction of The Green Goblin seemed rushed towards the end and whilst the action scenes where interesting having the musical power station just ruined the show.

Really did feel like an entire movie to set up The death of Gwen which is the only real reason for the character to exist in the first place. The Acting was Terrible, Some of the worst I have seen in a Big Budget superhero movie for some time. MARVEL, really need to look about reclaiming the rights from Sony somehow as they are damaging the character badly at the moment.

Deleted
    Lincoln 4/10

I watched it because I love the Civil War era and but damn that movie was boring:P Mostly just a bunch of politicians arguing over semantics and Lincoln breaking laws because he believes that the ends justify the means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucy: 2 / 10: I wanted to enjoy it. The premise was interesting, and the movie looked pretty at times, but it was dumb as shit. If attaining 100% of one's brain capacity means blank stares and monotone drawls, then I must be a freakin genius. Points awarded for animals boning.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

The Usual Suspects - 6/10
    The movie is interesting with the twist and all, but besides the twist, the movie is pretty boring in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Lucy: 2 / 10: I wanted to enjoy it. The premise was interesting, and the movie looked pretty at times, but it was dumb as shit. If attaining 100% of one's brain capacity means blank stares and monotone drawls, then I must be a freakin genius. Points awarded for animals boning.
    Better off just watching Limitless probably, at least it has something going for it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Man Who Would Be King - 8/10
    This movie is quite old (1975), yet it's still great and entertaining, and it's nice to see Michael Caine when he isn't an old man in a Christopher Nolan movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Better off just watching Limitless probably, at least it has something going for it.
    Word. Limitless was far more enjoyable.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Edge of Tomorrow 9/10
    Great movie, really enjoyed it. Very thrilling
    Hope to see Guardians this weekend.