The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I think it felt drawn out because the main story "A Dame To Kill For" ended smack dab in the middle of the movie.

True.

Eva Green was amazing too.
    You cared enough to post.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The wolf of wall street. 10/10. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
    Fantastic film - I was cracking up the whole time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    True.

Eva Green was amazing too.
    God she's gorgeous.

Deleted
    Over-sexed rugsuckers from mars - 8/10
    delightfully cheesy and so bad it´s good

Deleted
    Planet of the apes 8/10

I loved the first film and was really excited to see where they are going with the story. I think too much was revealed in the trailers so that it was a little bit too predictable but the animation was awesome and I liked that both sides had strengths and weaknesses.

Guardians of the Galaxy 9/10

It was finally released in Germany and it definitely met my expectation. The core story was kind of basic with the big climax at the end but I thought the group dynamic was very charming and funny. I can only partly understand the Avengers comparison because Gotg had an underdog feeling whereas in Avengers the majority of heroes were directly good/noble in the beginning (the looser speech nailed this). It was more Star Wars with a team of Han Solo, Chewie and other mercenaries. http://www.dorkly.com/post/63736/gua...r-wars#!bNL0EO
    Last edited by mmoc1a1ea076c3; 2014-09-01 at 10:52 AM.

Maleficent. 8/10

Like the story and how we see things from the "bad guys" perspective. Special effects were great, especially the fight scenes.

On the other hand, some of the writing or acting was poor. I didn't quite believe that some of the relationships were formed in the way they were, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Godzilla. 8.5/10 (would be a 10 but the cut aways and the short fight scenes were killing me. That fatality though)

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

prisoners 9/10 such a good movie.

The Lucky One(2012)
    7/10

Efron's acting seems a bit off.
    I expected the movie to be a bit more unisex considering the warzone characteristic, but that only lasts for the first 5 minutes or so.
    Why did the police officer find Drake's picture hidden under a book in Zac's room?
    People dying. I have no problem with that generally, I watch GoT, but it's just odd the way it happens in this movie.
    (-4)
    Overall plot is still good, though, and... they have sex, so there's that :P
    (+1)

Guardians Of The Galaxy

10 / 10 Groots

Edge of Tomorrow 5/10.

I feel like this movie is an uglier and dumber Oblivion. As someone pointed out earlier (as though it was a negative) Oblivion draws references visually from a bunch of films and creates a gorgeous pastiche while Edge of Tomorrow's inspiration is soulless, ugly video games like Gears of War and Call of Duty. Cruise's protagonist goes through a kind of bizarre journey where he regresses back to the beginning of the film morally, as though Groundhog Day ended with Bill Murray's character not having made any kind of revelatory breakthrough due to the circumstances. The power armor, which is the visual centerpiece of the movie, makes everyone look slow and plodding, and consequently that's what the action comes off as.

Guardians of the galaxy. 8/10

it's enjoyable for what it's going for. and the characters were genuinely funny.

Good Will Hunting. 9/10. Excellent movie with a fantastic performance by Robin Williams. My only downer about it would Matt Damon's acting. I know he is young and quite inexperienced, but just felt like he was taking a back seat to Robin Williams when they were both in a scene together when it should Robin Williams supporting him.
    IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!

Caddyshack 7/10 hasn't really stood the test of time. Still kinda funny.

Deleted
    Started watching movies online a couple of months ago gnna summarize a few of them:
    The Expendables 3: 5/10. The explosion special effects were suprisingly bad . Didn't really like the younger people either.
    Transformers 4: 5/10. Special effects were good but rehashed plotlines from previous Transformer movies and Dinobots were severely underused.
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 9/10. Really liked this movie. Cap was kinda dull in the Avengers but they fixed that IMO. Dat music during the bridge fight
    How to Train Your Dragon 2: 8/10. It continues being amazing compared to Dreamworks' usual kiddy films. Good mix of emotions and humour.
    The Wolf of Wall Street: 8,5/10. Lol this movie was funny as fuck. That is all.
    The Amazing Spiderman 2: 6/10. Was cool but way too many characters which didn't do any of them justice.
    X-Men: Days of Future Past: 8,5/10. Worthy successor of First Class. Peter Dinklage yow!

Looks like I'm gnna have to check out GotG and DotPotA according to this thread.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2014-09-10 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Guardians of Galaxy - 6/10

Way overhyped. Story was boring, camera work was awful, the special effects were bland. Everything felt way too rushed. Characters were pretty good though which is a shocker in modern Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre. Enjoyable to watch in the end but forgetable, one time only and I would wait till it's on TV.

PS. Funny how probably best thing about this movie was the music. Just shows how much better things we had to listen to in the 80's.
    Last edited by mmoc3745942798; 2014-09-02 at 09:29 PM.

Jurassic Park 8/10

Jurassic Park Lost World 7.5/10

Both were pretty enjoyable and better then the books imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Mama - 8/10

Awesome horror flick. Genuinely creepy, however not really what you'd expect from your typical horror. Love me some Guillermo.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

A Million Ways to Die In the West - 9/10

Hilarious! I love Seth Macfarlane. If you enjoy Family Guy type of humor, you'll probably like this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I liked this movie, but it just got completely stupid towards the end.
    Agreed, Mama had its moments but that ending was your typical bad and coming-out-of-nowhere horror movie ending.

Speaking about horrible horror movie endings, this movie does the complete opposite:

The Mist (2007): 8/10

Rewatched it after a long time, this has become one of the classic movies of its genre in my opinion. It's amazing how King always manages to find ways to freak us out, that ending was frankly one of the best endings in horror cinema history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Agreed, Mama had its moments but that ending was your typical bad and coming-out-of-nowhere horror movie ending.
    I admit the ending was a little off the wall, but I think that's what I liked about it. While it fit your classic mold of "Find out what she wants and bring it to her!" you have to admit it didn't end the way you thought it would. I like how in the last third of the movie, the creature was more human than other ghosts in movies. She had good on screen time, face time and was even responsive to the childrens requests. Even right up until the end she kept the promise not to hurt Annabelle when she easily could have. I like that unique interaction a lot. It was a Del Toro movie after all.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.