Guardians of the Galaxy. Took my kids, expecting to be disappointed and bored - surprisingly it was a cracking movie.

9/10

"If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting"
    --Aszune/Silvermoon---- Draenor/Kazzak--

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Hey guys, which is better: Oblivion, or Edge of Tomorrow?

I somewhat enjoyed Oblivion, and I'm wondering if EoT is worth my time.
    I enjoyed Oblivion, but Edge of Tomorrow is WAY better. Definitely worth your time.

Source code: 7,5/10.
    Very enjoyable and well done.

Oblivion ripped off so many different movies scenes it became a joke to watch.
    From Moon, Starwars and Independence Day, to 2001, The Matrix and Planet of the Apes. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, It was a fun film with an interesting plot and story. Just filled with way too many scenes that paid "homage" to other films than rather make its own unique feel.

EoT is a decent action flick, sort of a cross between groundhog day and Battle:LA. Would say it is the better of the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaws 2 8/10
    Another great creature feature, Not as solid as the first one, but still a Solid creature feature.
    Giant shark terrorises a beach side town group of kids who are day sailing. Predictable about who will be eaten, and who wont. Still it's an enjoyable film, even if it is over 30 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy. Took my kids, expecting to be disappointed and bored - surprisingly it was a cracking movie.

9/10

"If I had a blacklight, this place would look like a Jackson Pollock painting"
    You went to a Marvel movie expecting to be disappointed AND BORED? What is wrong with you

Guardians of the Galaxy: 6/10

It's worth noting that I watched this movie on the internet so the video quality was really shitty. With that said I'm not sure if I missed something but this was a really boring, cliche and typical super hero movie. The story was pretty much Avengers 2.0 and while there were some humorous moments the movie wasn't nearly as funny as the Avengers.
    I'll give it another shot when it comes out on PPV, but for now I'm disappointed.

Boyhood: 7.5/10

Anyone that grew up in the late 80's/early 90's will realize that this movie is essentially your life story. So while I enjoyed reliving my youth through this movie, I found the movie itself boring at times. This movie has one of the highest ratings I've ever seen on the major movie review sites so it might be worth seeing for some of you.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-08-28 at 12:49 AM.

Harry potter
    Gone with the wind
    Pride and prejudice
    9/10

Magic and reality, what made you crazy..

Have fun!

As Above So Below. 8/10. It was a very interesting movie, the first 10 minutes were cool, the 30 minutes after that were amazing, after that, people say it "falls apart". I failt to see how, being stuck underground is a pretty scary feeling so of course they're going to go insane, and not remain in their perfect little character that they're in when they're talking about the mission in the first 10 minutes. It takes about an hour till it turns into a horror movie, and that last for a good 20 minutes, so it's really not that bad. Could count the scares on one hand, but i really liked the story, and an interesting twist on the Paris catacombs. Plus props for the credits song, and their poster, and the title. I doubt there will be a sequel, but if there is, I hope they do a little better with exploring "hell". Also one of the few movies i found it to be ok with not explaining everything, lots of mysterious characters that are just that, mysterious.

Guardians of the Galaxy 7/10

It was good, but I didn't like Drax and Gamorra just felt really...soft for someone with reputation. Some of the jokes were really awkward as well, while others had me genuinely laughing (which I don't do a lot during movies). It was good overall, but definitely had potential to be better than the avengers.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

The wolf of wall street. 10/10. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; Today at 04:03 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Chronicles 8.8/10

I watched it for the fourth time today, I just love it.

Sin City: A Dame to kill for 7.5/10

Sin City 2 - 4/10

Josh Brolin was great, but the movie felt drawn out.
    My wedding vows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YtyW1aXIY

PERI: I, I, I.
    DOCTOR: That's three I's in one breath. Makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady.
    PERI: What's happened?
    DOCTOR: Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Sin City 2 - 4/10

Josh Brolin was great, but the movie felt drawn out.
    I think it felt drawn out because the main story "A Dame To Kill For" ended smack dab in the middle of the movie.

- - - Updated - - -

EoT is indeed worth your time, but, they were both good in very different ways. I loved the scope, views, and soundtrack of Oblivion, it looks great on Blu-Ray on a 50+ inch HDTV, while EoT had a great script, great director, and handled the "same day over and over" genre very well, as I hate that genre, but EoT blew it out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I think it felt drawn out because the main story "A Dame To Kill For" ended smack dab in the middle of the movie.

True.

Eva Green was amazing too.
    My wedding vows - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YtyW1aXIY

PERI: I, I, I.
    DOCTOR: That's three I's in one breath. Makes you sound a rather egotistical young lady.
    PERI: What's happened?
    DOCTOR: Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon.