Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Dude...have some consideration for people that haven't seen it yet and put your comment in spoiler tags.

>.<
    And some consideration for the opinions of others. People who dislike something are perfectly welcome to say so, and telling them to fuck off and saying that they are "haters" makes one seem like a horribly shallow person.

Big Hero 6 (2014) - 8/10

Great film that had most of the elements that's made the recent Disney animation films awesome. Good characters, solid animation, fun, emotional, etc. I still think Frozen, Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph is better than this though. Compared to Wreck-It Ralph, which had the video game theme, the super hero theme is getting a bit old, even if San Fransokyo was pretty cool. And like the other Marvel movies, the weakest part is the villain. Thought the third act was a bit "average", too. Baymax is awesome though, and the morale is nice, which is important for all movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    And some consideration for the opinions of others. People who dislike something are perfectly welcome to say so, and telling them to fuck off and saying that they are "haters" makes one seem like a horribly shallow person.
    What are you talking about? Where does Winter Blossom say "haters" or telling anyone to "fuck off"?

Completely separately, use of spoiler tags discussing details of films is almost mandatory in this thread and not using them IS very rude.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-12-21 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Battle of Five armies 8/10 some of the stuff they could've left out but meh
    Smaug and The Defiler guy had me disappointed as major villians/badasses
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Cloud Atlas - 6/10. It was ambitious but poorly put together. The individual stories were interesting but trying 6 stories at once was just too chaotic. Also since there were 6, a lot of the framing and setup that normally would accompany a movie had to be skipped which didn't work. They could have gone with three stories and it would have been a much better movie.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Maze runner

that movie really,really did suprise me in a good way a lot.

At least a 8 out of 10 from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Boat that Rocked/Pirate Radio - 7/10

REALLY liked this movie as a whole. The story is pretty cool, eventhough it's tecnically weak, and I liked the characters. Great to see Nick Frost in it as well, love him on every Edgar Wright piece.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    What are you talking about? Where does Winter Blossom say "haters" or telling anyone to "fuck off"?

Completely separately, use of spoiler tags discussing details of films is almost mandatory in this thread and not using them IS very rude.
    The guy pretty much said that Battle of the 5 armies has a lot of ... battling.

If that's a spoiler these days..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

Winter Blossom didn't. I just quoted his post to add to his reply to Sainur. Sorry if that wasn't obvious enough.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-12-22 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Let's see, last movie I saw was actually Alien 3, I'd give it a 7.5/10, mostly because, you know, Alien.

Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies -7/10

It was ok, but too much time was spent with crap filler stuff they had to wrap up because they couldn't have turned 1 book into 3 movies without it. The Hobbit is one of my favorite books of all time, and I really hated everything they added. It was pointless, boring, and horribly written. Also, while Legolas was a badass, he felt very out of place, especially with as much screen time and action as he got. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought he was the protagonist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He talked about characters dying.
    The book was released in 1937, so not exactly something nobody saw coming.

Deleted
    The girl with the dragon tattoo --- 7/10

It was alright, nothing special in my opinion, I really only watched it cause Daniel Craig is awesome.

Hobbit Part 3 9.5/10

I've read the book, four times now actually. I don't mind most of the changes, and some of them I actually like better. What a lot of people don't realize is that the very Hobbit book we all know in love is revised from what the original pre-LoTR Hobbit to fit better with the LoTR trilogy, particularly with the ring. If you liked the last two movies well enough, you'll like this one about the same. If you didn't, don't expect anything different. LoTR wasn't completely faithful to the books, either, and overall, I thought Jackson did a good job. LoTR is better, and this probably could have been better as just two movies, but I also think most people set the bar way too high.

Spoiler-ish:

My main gripe is, as noted above, with Legolas. I don't particularly mind that he was there; there were elves there after all, and I suppose it would make sense had he been one of them. Beorn should have more or less had Legolas's part in the battle at the end, and we only get a very brief glimpse of him. While there isn't a lot of detail about his part in the book, per se, it was noted that when he turned up that he basically crushed all the things, including Bolg (the orc Legolas fought) and that he carried a wounded Thorin out of battle. I have a feeling/hope that at the very least we'll get to see him in action for the EE, but I feel that is something that should have been included, as I was really looking forward to that.

My other major gripe was splitting the dwarves up at the end. They went all that way together, all thirteen of them should have fought together as well. We never even got to see Balin and company do anything at all in the battle; in fact most of them didn't do a thing the entire movie. Thorin deserved the extra focus of course, but there was way too much about Kili and not enough on the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014): 6.5/10

It was honestly better than I expected.

The Hobbit 5/10

Cringeworthy
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    The Interview

9/10.

Best movie I've seen all year.

The Interview 7.5/10

Plenty of good laughs! One of the better comedies I have seen in a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    How To Train Your Dragon: 7/10

Guardians of the Galaxy 11 out of 10 feth me backwards it's too much awesome!

fuckin Die Hard. 9/10

Best Christmas movie ever. Co-worker before vacation was talking about how their kids all wanted to watch Frozen for Christmas cuz it's somehow a Christmas movie. Shit on that noise. Die Hard you cocky bint.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.