The Maze runner

that movie really,really did suprise me in a good way a lot.

At least a 8 out of 10 from me.

The Boat that Rocked/Pirate Radio - 7/10

REALLY liked this movie as a whole. The story is pretty cool, eventhough it's tecnically weak, and I liked the characters. Great to see Nick Frost in it as well, love him on every Edgar Wright piece.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    What are you talking about? Where does Winter Blossom say "haters" or telling anyone to "fuck off"?

Completely separately, use of spoiler tags discussing details of films is almost mandatory in this thread and not using them IS very rude.
    The guy pretty much said that Battle of the 5 armies has a lot of ... battling.

If that's a spoiler these days..

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    The guy pretty much said that Battle of the 5 armies has a lot of ... battling.

If that's a spoiler these days..
    He talked about characters dying.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    What are you talking about? Where does Winter Blossom say "haters" or telling anyone to "fuck off"?

Completely separately, use of spoiler tags discussing details of films is almost mandatory in this thread and not using them IS very rude.
    Winter Blossom didn't. I just quoted his post to add to his reply to Sainur. Sorry if that wasn't obvious enough.
    Last edited by Karlzone; 2014-12-22 at 01:22 PM.

Let's see, last movie I saw was actually Alien 3, I'd give it a 7.5/10, mostly because, you know, Alien.

Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies -7/10

It was ok, but too much time was spent with crap filler stuff they had to wrap up because they couldn't have turned 1 book into 3 movies without it. The Hobbit is one of my favorite books of all time, and I really hated everything they added. It was pointless, boring, and horribly written. Also, while Legolas was a badass, he felt very out of place, especially with as much screen time and action as he got. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought he was the protagonist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    He talked about characters dying.
    The book was released in 1937, so not exactly something nobody saw coming.

The girl with the dragon tattoo --- 7/10

It was alright, nothing special in my opinion, I really only watched it cause Daniel Craig is awesome.

Hobbit Part 3 9.5/10

I've read the book, four times now actually. I don't mind most of the changes, and some of them I actually like better. What a lot of people don't realize is that the very Hobbit book we all know in love is revised from what the original pre-LoTR Hobbit to fit better with the LoTR trilogy, particularly with the ring. If you liked the last two movies well enough, you'll like this one about the same. If you didn't, don't expect anything different. LoTR wasn't completely faithful to the books, either, and overall, I thought Jackson did a good job. LoTR is better, and this probably could have been better as just two movies, but I also think most people set the bar way too high.

Spoiler-ish:

My main gripe is, as noted above, with Legolas. I don't particularly mind that he was there; there were elves there after all, and I suppose it would make sense had he been one of them. Beorn should have more or less had Legolas's part in the battle at the end, and we only get a very brief glimpse of him. While there isn't a lot of detail about his part in the book, per se, it was noted that when he turned up that he basically crushed all the things, including Bolg (the orc Legolas fought) and that he carried a wounded Thorin out of battle. I have a feeling/hope that at the very least we'll get to see him in action for the EE, but I feel that is something that should have been included, as I was really looking forward to that.

My other major gripe was splitting the dwarves up at the end. They went all that way together, all thirteen of them should have fought together as well. We never even got to see Balin and company do anything at all in the battle; in fact most of them didn't do a thing the entire movie. Thorin deserved the extra focus of course, but there was way too much about Kili and not enough on the others.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014): 6.5/10

It was honestly better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    The book was released in 1937, so not exactly something nobody saw coming.
    That's irrelevant (not everyone has read the book). It's a movie that's still in theaters. It's considerate to add spoiler tags - especially if you're going to talk about characters dying.

The Hobbit 5/10

Cringeworthy
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

The Interview

9/10.

Best movie I've seen all year.
    Stuff

The Interview 7.5/10

Plenty of good laughs! One of the better comedies I have seen in a while.

How To Train Your Dragon: 7/10

Guardians of the Galaxy 11 out of 10 feth me backwards it's too much awesome!
    Sure as sure