10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Wasn't that the movie that got cut down by quite a bit because it was to complicated for the American audience?
    You mean Snowpiercer? Not sure, haven't heard anything on it.

If you're talking about Frank, I just started watching it and it looks pretty fucked up. haha
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreghar View Post
    You mean Snowpiercer? Not sure, haven't heard anything on it.

If you're talking about Frank, I just started watching it and it looks pretty fucked up. haha
    No, I mean Snowpiercer. Frank is just hilarious

Brother Bear 10/10

Absolutely brilliant. By far my favorite Disney animated film, from story to music it was amazing

Today i saw Snowpiercer and i would rate 8/10 just for the train (cause if it was a post apocaliptic story in a town it would of been too common so i give them that ) and John Wick which i rate 7/10 for the scenario but 10/10 for the action ! better than most of todays movies.

Deleted
    Taken 3 5/10 and that is being overly generous for the action scenes

completely forgettable action movie which has no real connection to the Taken series of movies aside from the characters.
    No one was taken, although someone was murdered. could easily have been a mediocre action movie with different main "Good Guy" characters and given a different name.

Time to put this franchise to bed tbh.

A Clockwork Orange (1971) - 8/10
    Pretty stylistic and very interesting movie, but once again it suffers because of its age. Skipping the technical aspects, I also believe the movie's themes would have been explored more thoroughly and more interestingly had it been made today. As it is, I was a bit disappointed in the somewhat limited scope of it. Still, great movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    A Clockwork Orange (1971) - 8/10
    Pretty stylistic and very interesting movie, but once again it suffers because of its age. Skipping the technical aspects, I also believe the movie's themes would have been explored more thoroughly and more interestingly had it been made today. As it is, I was a bit disappointed in the somewhat limited scope of it. Still, great movie.
    It was a near perfect adaptation of Burgess' book in my opinion, isn't it best to judge a movie on its merits instead of "its scope of themes" etc?

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    It was a near perfect adaptation of Burgess' book in my opinion, isn't it best to judge a movie on its merits instead of "its scope of themes" etc?
    The themes and morals of movies are often my favorite parts of movies though, and it was the biggest merit of Clockwork Orange in my opinion, so judging it based on what I found lacking about it makes sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Donnie Darko - 3/10

The movie has a good pace, so it doesn't feel as long as it is, but the lack of explanations makes it a waste of time, honestly. I really don't see why so many people see this as a good movie.
    Not understanding it doesn't mean there is a lack of explanations. Everything ties together perfectly in that movie.

http://www.donniedarko.org.uk/explanation/

The Interview - 6/10

I give it the score basically everyone was giving it. As much as I love Rogen and Franco, very meh movie. I did like the guy that played Kim though. I thought he was great, haha.

Snowpiercer, idk...6/10? Fell flat midway through. Wasn't terrible, but not very memorable either.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Hey I just watched that too! It has some good things about it. It had individual moments that were well done, and the actors did a great job. The story though was just a bit too out there. If you take the whole thing as a big metaphor, it is easier take, but it still comes off as "yeah but so what?". There's no great insight or revalation to this metaphor. I concur with 6/10.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frank (2014) - 8/10

Reeeeally fucking good movie. I wish I payed more attention to it tho. I didn't expect much from it so I feel that I let somet stuff pass unnoticed.

Anyway, amazing movie, Frank's actor (not spoiling who it is haha) does an AMAAAZING job with and without the mask and succeeds all my expectations.

Will TRY to watch The Wolf of Wall Street. Scorses always fucks me up with his ENOURMOUS movies... Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Super (2010): 8.5/10.

I was expecting a quirky superhero movie, and more or less, that's what I got. I'd describe this movie as Kick-Ass meets Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job; it's bizarre and silly, and then it gets really violent and dark (and then silly, and then dark. And then...). Really enjoyed the movie, I only have two complaints: the rape scene, where Rainn Wilson's character gets raped by Ellen Paige's character, and that the opening felt like it was really trying too hard to elicit emotions. But it was really amusing to see The Crimson Bolt decimate people's faces with a wrench for petty 'crimes' (ranging from legit crimes, to cutting in line). Found it on Netflix, and was pleasantly surprised.

Shut up, crime!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Super (2010): 8.5/10.

I was expecting a quirky superhero movie, and more or less, that's what I got. I'd describe this movie as Kick-Ass meets Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job; it's bizarre and silly, and then it gets really violent and dark (and then silly, and then dark. And then...). Really enjoyed the movie, I only have two complaints: the rape scene, where Rainn Wilson's character gets raped by Ellen Paige's character, and that the opening felt like it was really trying too hard to elicit emotions. But it was really amusing to see The Crimson Bolt decimate people's faces with a wrench for petty 'crimes' (ranging from legit crimes, to cutting in line). Found it on Netflix, and was pleasantly surprised.

Shut up, crime!
    I didn't see what happened to Ellen Paige coming...

Also the only problem I had was it would have been awesome if it would have just ended when the fight with kevin bacon on that line 'do you really think stabbing me to death will change anything?' and he replies 'I don't know until I try'. It would have been awesome if it ended there with the woman screaming. Proper good movie

Watched Interstellar. 8/10. Sci-fi without the science. Entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I didn't see what happened to Ellen Paige coming...
    I saw her death coming, but I didn't see that rape coming...

have been awesome if it would have just ended when -snip-
    I dunno, I agree it would have been a bad-ass way to finish it, but I rather liked the sappy ending...normally they don't do much for me, but it pulled it off, in my opinion

Proper good movie
    Definitely. Happy I gave it a chance.

Deleted
    The theory of everything 8/10

really good film, very sad in parts, but also really interesting. the actor who played Stephen was amazing, he played it fantastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreghar View Post
    [B]
    Will TRY to watch The Wolf of Wall Street. Scorses always fucks me up with his ENOURMOUS movies... Ain't nobody got time fo' dat!
    Its a good movie, just don't watch it with kids around. That movie's got more nudity than a playboy mag.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Watched two movies today.

Grave of the Fireflies 10/10

Extremely heavy movie to watch, at least for me. Still feeling pretty damn sad. Everyone should watch this. What the hell.

Interstellar 9/10

Easily the best movie of 2014 (closely followed by Nightcrawler)

10+ Year Old Account
    Django Unchained
    10/10 easily. Great action move with a real story. Has awesome characters and good acting. Has subtle humor elements taken from old westerns.