The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Grabbed it off netflix. Seemed like it had potential but was just average. I do wonder if the books were any better.

It gets a 5/10. Just average.

Deleted
    Eurotrip 7/10

Classic comedy, I love the stereotypes in all the countries!

7+ Year Old Account
    Oculus 5/10 The definition of mediocre horror/mystery. It wasn't all that scary, it isn't a slasher flick so not much gore, which isn't a good or bad thing, j/s. There were some clever twists and turns but the way it's edited in the final act is very jarring and distracting. It has lots of cuts between what's happening now and what happened 10 or so years ago, and in rapid succession at seemingly random intervals. When I say rapid, I mean probably 6 time cuts within 10 seconds sometimes. It was at least interesting to see Amy Pond in something not Whovian.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers: Age of ultron 8/10

Great movie, loved the action scenes but it didn't make me go wow and I only saw the trailers, I ignored the tv spots ect.

I also saw this in 4DX, it was ok at first but the moving chairs got annoying in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers AoU - 8/10
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - 6.5/10

Spoilers....

+Ultron
    +Vision
    +Scarlet Witch
    +Iron Man vs Hulk
    +Action/combat sequences
    +Quicksilver dying (X-Men have the better one so it's for the best)

+/- Hawkeye...they gave him more story and personality but he still feels like a sixth toe

-Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver's accents (/shudder)
    -Bloated
    -Cheesy, worthless dialogue
    -Black Widow & Hulk/Banner
    -Avengers vs Million Ultron bots was like Avengers vs Million Chitauri (deja vu)

The Verge review said that the film felt out of place in the MCU and I agree. After the string of successes they've had with Cap 2, Guardians, Agent Carter (I loved it anyways), and Daredevil, Age of Ultron felt like a step back. I think I enjoyed it more than Avengers 1 (which I wasn't crazy about) but that's more due to a stronger antagonist in Ultron who was compelling to watch.

Deleted
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - 9/10

The character building for the lesser known characters was done very well. We finally get to know Hawkeye and Black Widow better. We already know the background stories of the other major characters, but these two were kind of sidekicks, while still being part of the Avengers. The contrast during the action scenes was a bit funny too, with Hawkeye and Romanoff driving off in a car slowly while the others are just flying around.

It was also nice to see the Avengers actually become a real team. In the first movie they are kind of forced to work together by circumstances and they don't know each other very well. But in this movie they already know each other, they know each others strengths and weaknesses and function as a solid team. I was a bit surprised to see Captain America becoming the leader of the team (I expected Stark to do that). How funny that things will (probably?) go the complete opposite direction in the next Captain America movie (Civil War)...

The movie was also action packed. There was soooo much action going on and I loved it. The special effects were amazing, except for a few bits where it was super obvious (terrible blending).

Overall, the movie is definitely worth the watch.

PS No spiderman post credit scene.... But it seems Thanos is finally going to do something.

Heat (1995) - 8/10
    Great crime movie, but I was disappointed in the heist parts of the movies, since I decided to watch it because some were calling it the greatest heist movie of all time.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Room This movie, if you don't know about it, deserves two scores: 1/10 for what it actually is and 9/10 for how fun it is with friends. One of the absolute worst movies ever, but the acting is so off, the editing is so disjointed with scenes following scenes that are apropos of nothing, the sex scenes are SO long and lack any kind of coordination and chemistry, the characters' actions and choices often make absolute zero sense that, when watched with a couple friends, it becomes one of the most entertaining movies of all time.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers 2 Age of Ultron - 6/7-10

Nowhere near as good as I expected, had some good action scenes involved, but the overall plot of the bad guy just seemed so weak, he barely did anything at all and sometimes the plot felt a bit all over the place. Quite disappointed with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    The Room This movie, if you don't know about it, deserves two scores: 1/10 for what it actually is and 9/10 for how fun it is with friends. One of the absolute worst movies ever, but the acting is so off, the editing is so disjointed with scenes following scenes that are apropos of nothing, the sex scenes are SO long and lack any kind of coordination and chemistry, the characters' actions and choices often make absolute zero sense that, when watched with a couple friends, it becomes one of the most entertaining movies of all time.
    Not sure if you're familiar with Chris Stuckmann on Youtube. He calls these type of movies a 'hilariocity': Movies so bad they're actually good.

Avengers Age of Ultron. 6/10

Sure, a lot of stuff goes boom and it manages to get a few laughs, but that's it. The story and character development are the worst I have seen in the MCU so far (and I was already underwhelmed by Iron Man 3). Really disappointed.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2015-04-26 at 08:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - 5/10

The action scenes are good, but - as other people have said - the character development is pretty bad. Ultron goes from "bad ass villain" to "retarded" in a matter of minutes. I also think that they tried too hard in some jokes. The movie is not as funny as they seem to believe it is.

The first Avengers movie and Guardians of Galaxy were far better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko
    Based on these reviews, it really seems like some of you were expecting some new epoch in action movies with this one. I'm not sure why anyone would go into a comic book film, let alone an Avengers movie, and expect anything but a popcorn movie. That's all it was. Watch explosions, laugh at corny, dorky humor, eat popcorn, watch some of your favorite comic book heroes on screen. End of story.
    I was expecting a movie as good as the first Avengers movie and Guardians of Galaxy. That's not what I got.
    Last edited by Hraklea; 2015-04-28 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Age of Ultron -8/10

Based on these reviews, it really seems like some of you were expecting some new epoch in action movies with this one. I'm not sure why anyone would go into a comic book film, let alone an Avengers movie, and expect anything but a popcorn movie. That's all it was. Watch explosions, laugh at corny, dorky humor, eat popcorn, watch some of your favorite comic book heroes on screen. End of story.

The only reason I didn't rate this film higher was because a lot of the characters felt really forced in and they expected you to care about them for seemingly no reason. Felt very out of place in a popcorn movie and it affected the pacing a bit. Otherwise the film was incredible and I'll be seeing it again soon.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

The good-

Action scenes and special effects were great, really liked Sw.

The bad-
    Main villian was such a disappointment, the story was a yawnfest, first 30 mins i thought i fell asleep.

6/10

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Age of Ultron -8/10

What you described is not every comic book film, nor is it every Marvel film.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron

7.5/10

Its about the same as the first movie, but I liked the villain more and it had some really good action. My favorite scene is Iron Man fighting the Hulk. The ending felt way too similiar to that of the first movie, and its pretty sad that they made a badass villain more retarded as the movie went on. Its a good popcorn flick but it didn't do anything new or exciting.

Avengers - Age of Ultron

9/10

All wonderful except Banner/Romanoff :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    What you described is not every comic book film, nor is it every Marvel film.
    Mm hmm, right, but the exceptions are just that-- exceptions. Happy little surprises or in many cases, boring let downs. For the most part, when a guy goes to the cinema to watch a comic book movie, he's not going there for some introspective, outlook altering experience with an all-star cast and mind blowing dialogue. He's going to watch guys and gals in suits beat up guys who aren't in suits until they get to the point in the plot where they fight the bad guys in suits. Popcorn for days. Corny one liners. Awkward but appropriate humor. Comic book movie.

Anyway, OT: Automata - 7.5/10

Loved the theme. Bandaras was a surprisingly good choice for this role even if I had my doubts. The plot progression was enjoyable and suspenseful.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Including all movies including reruns...
    Title: Marvel's The Avengers (not the new one)
    Rating: 9/10
    Review: Won't go into deets as most people have seen this by now at least once. Good storyline, really nice CGI work, acting for the most part is quite good. "Puny God" stealing the show. All in all very enjoyable.