"People who don't punch their ponies in the face make me sick"
    Dark Places - 7/10

Not a bad thriller/mystery. Actors were all really good.

Terminator- Genisys

8/10

Plot did not make any sense but it had very nice action, visuals, actors.

The Walking Deceased I found it pretty humorous. and Sophia Ali is gorge. 7/10 for what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Terminator- Genisys

8/10

The plot doesn't make any sense, so, 8/10? Whack rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    I can't speak for that specific movie and/or rating, but...I think it is important to judge a film based upon what type of movie it is; I don't think it's necessarily fair to rate, say, Mad Max: Fury Road a low score because it didn't have a compelling and complex story. When I go to see an action film, I look for good action sequences and a movie that I can "turn my brain off".

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I can't speak for that specific movie and/or rating, but...I think it is important to judge a film based upon what type of movie it is; I don't think it's necessarily fair to rate, say, Mad Max: Fury Road a low score because it didn't have a compelling and complex story. When I go to see an action film, I look for good action sequences and a movie that I can "turn my brain off".
    I completely agree, but Mad Max is deserving of it's high scores because it didn't attempt to be anything more than an action movie. By taking on a very simple plot line, it allowed the film the freedom to be entirely action orientated.

It's when an action movie attempts a complex plot, and doesn't manage to pull it off, that it hurts the product as a whole, regardless of whatever fantastic action sequences might be present.

I sat through Jurassic world thinking that this is a good action movie, but the dialogue and characters totally ruined it for me.

At the end of the day, the rating does not matter as much as what the person says about the movie. If you find the two highly inconsistent, then just note it for that person and move on.

In my case, I've found it helpful to explicitly Ignore a couple of people who give extraordinary ratings, like 9/10 or 10/10, for movies that make feel sick to the stomach, especially if I ended up paying for them at the cinema. To date, it has worked quite well because then I warn myself before clicking into their posts in this thread and almost always see they give high ratings for additional movies I do not like. Perhaps this shows that people really can like very different things...

I just wish there was a way to give a reason for why I Ignored someone and that it appeared, maybe as a tooltip, every time I see their posts.
    Last edited by squeeze; 2015-06-29 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I thought Mad Max had a very compelling and thoughtful story that you couldn't just turn your brain off while watching. People are confusing simple and subtle with a bad narrative, and probably don't put much into Hemingway's iceberg theory and the short stories that makes use of it.

I completely agree, but Mad Max is deserving of it's high scores because it didn't attempt to be anything more than an action movie. *snip*
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I thought Mad Max had a very compelling and thoughtful story that you couldn't just turn your brain off while watching. People are confusing simple and subtle with a bad narrative, and probably don't put much into Hemingway's iceberg theory and the short stories that makes use of it.
    Mad Max was a bad choice for what I was saying; you both are correct. For the record, I gave Mad Max a 9/10 rating. However, I'm not sold on Arrowstormen's last sentence... but to be fair, this was my entry to the universe, so I very easily could have missed things.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    Terminator- Genisys

8/10

Just saw it too. Agree on 8/10, maybe even slightly more. By (very) far the best since T2.

Also, I had absolutely no idea what it was about before seeing it (no trailer, no synopsis, nothing, all I'd seen of it before were some posters), and I'd advise everyone to do the same, makes the beginning absolutely crazy
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Also, I had absolutely no idea what it was about before seeing it (no trailer, no synopsis, nothing, all I'd seen of it before were some posters), and I'd advise everyone to do the same, makes the beginning absolutely crazy
    Pretty late for that now And the trailer is considered as one of the worst ever since it spoils the John Connor being a hybird Terminator twist.
    "But he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    Pretty late for that now And the trailer is considered as one of the worst ever since it spoils the John Connor being a hybird Terminator twist.
    Oh lol, glad I didn't see it then. I always try to stay away from trailers, and staying away from that one was definitely a good idea, that's like... the worst spoiler you could think of for that movie, how could they even think about doing that? >.< (when "this" happened in the movie, I was like "oh fuck fuck fuck o.o what what what?"... but when I think about it... "this" could correspond to a few different moments when we see him for the first time in the "past", when he gets "killed", when he says "respawn, lol" few seconds after, etc.). So many crazy things going on during the first part of that movie.

Did the exact same for Jurassic World last week, was also a good idea... but that one was really much better.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Just saw it too. Agree on 8/10, maybe even slightly more. By (very) far the best since T2.

Me neither. I just went to cinema without making my mind about any film, i saw the poster and said 'woah, new terminator' and just went right in. And i had good fun.