Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cradyz View Post
    Just saw Ant-Man, deserves an 8/10. Liked the new take on action and the humour. It's not a stand alone FYI, it's tied to the marvelverse. Ant-man plays a part in the third Captain America movie, besides being credited for it we see in the movie after credit scene that falcon and cap are talking about knowing someone who can de a particular job.
    Bet he just meant a Marvel superhero movie that's about 1 superhero. Not Avengers style or something.

After reading the reviews it seems to be mostly comedy again, and knowing Marvel their comedy it won't be my cup of tea. Few giggles, probably, solid Superhero movie, not quite.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Ayirasi;35066218]Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!: 0 ~ 10 The subtitle was pretty spot-on. I enjoyed the first two movies for their over-the-top dumb fun. This third entry was offensively stupid. The only redeeming quality -- to kill Tara Reid -- was immediately offset by the threat of a fourth movie.

I think you have missed the idea behind the Sharknado series of movies, and everything that "The Asylum" produces in general. They are not good movies, They are made to be as cheesy as possible, they are this generations TROMA movie studio. They are deliberate B movies. I f you start watching one expecting deep stroy lines, fantastic SFX, or great acting, then you are going to be disappointed. if you watch them knowing they are just silly, and in most cases parody movies knowing they are not going to be great then you will have fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I think you have missed the idea behind the Sharknado series of movies, and everything that "The Asylum" produces in general. They are not good movies, They are made to be as cheesy as possible, they are this generations TROMA movie studio. They are deliberate B movies. I f you start watching one expecting deep stroy lines, fantastic SFX, or great acting, then you are going to be disappointed. if you watch them knowing they are just silly, and in most cases parody movies knowing they are not going to be great then you will have fun
    But I said that I enjoyed the first two Sharknado movies. Heck, I even gave Sharktopus vs. Whalewolf a 7.5 ~ 10, despite calling it "impossibly stupid".
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ant-Man: 7/10

I'd give it a 6, but the sad scene between Hope and Pym was very well done. In my opinion, the best "emotional" scene so far in marvel movies.

The action is good, but the jokes are just average (a lot of them sounded stupid to me, but most people where laughing at the theater, so maybe it is just not my style). Maybe it looks good in IMAX, but the 2D version is very bad in terms of special effects - except for the young version of Michael Douglas and Martin Donovan, their make up/special effects were perfect.

It is a movie to go with your family and enjoy, but nothing more than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Guest: 9/10

An amazing movie, and I loved everything about this movie. Saying to much about it spoils it, so... Yea... its on netflix, go watch it.... now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 7/10

I read the first book and was a bit disappointed in the first film (books typically beat films) but I haven't read the other two books so no comparison on this one. I think the acting is shaky in parts and the series does have a helping of cheese that doesn't quite sit with me, however, when it actually gets to the Hungry Games, I'm totally glued. I honestly wished for more time in the arena. I found it compelling but it felt short. Good movie overall and probably going to watch Mockingjay tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ant-man wasn't as good as I thought, often felt slow for no real reason. Some very good idea, but nothing groundbreaking, really good casting (Gah, Hope, *drools*). 7/10.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ant-Man 8/10. Really funny, really zippy. Well acted and written.
    Same, very entertaining, much better than I thought it would be. 8-9/10 from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 7/10

I read the first book and was a bit disappointed in the first film (books typically beat films) but I haven't read the other two books so no comparison on this one. I think the acting is shaky in parts and the series does have a helping of cheese that doesn't quite sit with me, however, when it actually gets to the Hungry Games, I'm totally glued. I honestly wished for more time in the arena. I found it compelling but it felt short. Good movie overall and probably going to watch Mockingjay tonight.
    No more hunger games after part 2, unfortunately. Mockingjay is just dull imo, just as dull as the book was.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-07-28 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post

No more hunger games after part 2, unfortunately. Mockingjay is just dull imo, just as dull as the book was.
    I found Mockingjay to be the best of the three so far, it had evolved beyond the hunger games, and was finally about what it really always had been about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I found Mockingjay to be the best of the three so far, it had evolved beyond the hunger games, and was finally about what it really always had been about.
    I'd rate them as something like 6 for the first, then 5, then 3 for the last one... being quite generous for all 3. "Dull" is definitely the word (might not be strong enough though), at first there was no story but some action, then less action, then even less, leaving just... nothing for that 1st part of the last one. That last one really felt like someone came up in a meeting and said something like "hey, we've got a nice cash cow in here, we can't let it go in just one last movie... even if there's barely enough story to make one... let's make two out of that nothingness".

Don't have much hope for the end.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    I'd rate them as something like 6 for the first, then 5, then 3 for the last one... being quite generous for all 3. "Dull" is definitely the word (might not be strong enough though), at first there was no story but some action, then less action, then even less, leaving just... nothing for that 1st part of the last one. That last one really felt like someone came up in a meeting and said something like "hey, we've got a nice cash cow in here, we can't let it go in just one last movie... even if there's barely enough story to make one... let's make two out of that nothingness".

Don't have much hope for the end.
    Movies are subjective and all, but still, I'd call objective bollocks on the claim that the movies have no story. Also, the first movie had a director that used shaky cam, which nearly ruined the games in that film entirely. I rate as such: 7/10 - 8/10 - 8/10.

What We Do in the Shadows (2014/2015) - 7/10
    Funny mockumentary about vampires living together in a flat in modern day New Zealand, Wellington. Pretty British humor, which I usually love, but I didn't find this movie as funny as some other people have. Still, if you think it sounds fun and intriguing, I recommend giving it a watch.

Mænd og Høns (Men and Chicken) (2015) - 6/10
    Recent danish flick, a really weird black humor comedy, it was pretty funny in places, but possibly too weird for my tastes.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-07-28 at 10:29 PM.

Decided to finally watch the Mission Impossible movies, since I've heard the new one should be pretty good. Got halfway through today, will likely get the rest down tomorrow.

Mission: Impossible (1996) - 7/10
    Pretty neat spy movie, a bit old-looking and feeling today, but eh. Had a neat plot and some neat set-pieces.

Mission: Impossible II (2000) - 6/10
    Was okay, but the romance plot weighed it down, and they overused the face-mask thing a bit too much, and at the end, Cruise got a little too happy for showing off his kewl kicks (or maybe it was the director? Who knows).

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    The Guest: 9/10

An amazing movie, and I loved everything about this movie. Saying to much about it spoils it, so... Yea... its on netflix, go watch it.... now.
    from what little I saw of it I sure wouldn't give it that rating.
    saw Conan the barbarian fianlly. I'd have to give it a 7/10, decent enough to watch again.

Dumplings

8/10

A pretty solid horror movie that proved to be quite disturbing. Definitely worth a watch if you're a fan of Japanese/Korean horror movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw Ex Machina on Google Play. Holy shit 10/10. Best movie of the year.
    Black Lives Matter

Fury 9/10

Best war movie i've seen in a really long time. Loved the cast, and the whole dark theme of the movie. The ending was pretty foreseeable, but i didn't mind it since it was awesome. I'm usually not the biggest Brad Pitt fan (he's allright), but he was really fucking good in this movie.

Overall, deff would recommend it.

Mission: Impossible III (2006) - 7/10
    A good spy movie, great opening scene, and the plot was pretty neat.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) - 8/10
    Liked this quite a lot, the team, tension and missions were definitely the best in the series so far. Much more excited about going to a screening of Rogue Nation within a week or so than I was before.

Deleted
    Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation - 9/10

The movie was lot's of fun (everything I was hoping from a good summer blockbuster movie). A lot breathtaking moments and stunt sequences were thrilling.

Spy stuff was also nicely done.. Overall it was thrilling and exiting movie. I would recommend to go to see it if you want to have some good time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Funny, excessive, flashy, entertaining. 8/10.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - 6/10

It had some good moments but it was boring in parts and felt too long. I am curious to see how it all ends, though.