John Carter 8/10

This sci-fi epic action film was a box office bomb a few years ago. I was surprised at how entertaining it was. Good popcorn flick. It was long but I enjoyed it the entire time.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Saw Ant Man yesterday.

It's a Marvel movie. It follows basically any superhero origin story format. The villain side is as cliche as you'd imagine. The hero side also is kinda cliche, but the normal everyday-ness of Ant-Man and his friends is funny. Like, that type of comedy isn't usual for a superhero blockbuster, but that's the kind I like. (Not that it's really far off from family oriented jokes/puns, but the style is distinct.) Idk if that makes sense.

The story is also nice because it's not like Ironman or Thor where you're focused on the eccentricity/quickiness of the main character. You can actually kind of relate to this main character.

The movie is a good length, but it doesn't feel like Ant man spends a lot of time with his superpowers after he acquires them. By then, it's like gearing toward the climax. (Like with spiderman, there'd be time for random villains to showcase spiderman and his powers and personality a bit. There's nothing extra like that for Ant Man to do. It's all serious business for him.)

I'll give it 6/10. I think I'd give it like an extra half a point or maybe even a full point if it wasn't so predictable.

Deleted
    Ex Machina 7/10
    - Provocative material. Ruthless in its execution. Really good watch. I would have rated this film higher, if only the plot wasn't so limited, or small in length.

Wild 2/10
    - The character was impossible to like for me. Every male portrayed as a creep, potential rapist, yet she has sex with anybody who looks at her? The character handled a death in the family in the worst way. Its pathetic.
    The film had horrible structure.
    Current time scene > monologue / song > Flashback broken up - rinse, repeat.

Deleted
    The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 - 8.5/10

It's really hard to review this as a one movie since it starts right after where it ended on the part 1 and I watched it yesterday first time and now part 2 on the premiere day. I would score both parts 8.5/10, but as a whole Mockingjay film I would score it 9/10. The Mockingjay film really works when you see the two parts back to back first time.

I have to say that it was great movie for sure, even if it had some pacing issues. Jennifer Lawrence handled the emotional scenes perfectly (she was fantastic on this movie). James Newton Howard made the soundtrack sound awesome once again, especially during the emotional scenes (The Hanging Tree soundtrack is still my favorite one). Overall it was entertaining movie with some great drama and action (if you don't mind that this movie can be slow during the sometimes you will probably enjoy it if you liked the previous ones), I also liked the political aspect on this movie. I think it was fitting ending to Katniss' journey.

My score will be for now 8.5/10 just because I watched both parts almost back to back so it felt like one part or at least I treated it as a one part. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did if I wouldn't have seen them back to back. I really hate the Hollywood trend of splitting movies in 2 parts or more because it only hurts the movie so I can see why it's getting a lot hate because of that.
    Last edited by mmoc3c11226b26; 2015-11-19 at 02:21 PM.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay 2 6/10. Kinda predicable, kinda boring at times. But overall a decent enough romp. I felt like the movie "ended" like four times before the credits actually rolled.

Also I forgot who most of these people are/were because everyone is kinda underwritten &/or just not directly mentioned. Like you might get a character's name said... twice in the whole film. That's bad screen writing. Still the action pieces are fun, Katniss is a decent actress and it all looks pretty cool.

I wish some of the concepts were fleshed out more or taken to their logical extreme. Kinda makes the victory at the end of the film seem a bit too neat- too convenient.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-11-20 at 04:46 AM.

Spy. It's that comedy movie about the overweight lady being a spy. The commercial had some guys in a nice car are catcalling hot women on the street and they just pass her.

Comedy is pretty good if it's your type. I found it amusing, myself. It's partly "dirty" and partly "im awkward" comedy. The "im awkward" comedy was what was funny to me. There's also the guy from Transporter there being over the top. He was funny lol. It's funny seeing someone who is usually so serious say such silly stuff.

Plot was pretty okay. It's not rocket science, they pretty much follow what every other spy movie does. And I don't mean real spy movies, I mean comedy spy movies. The length of the movie was 2 hours, but it didn't really lag too horribly anywhere. I wouldn't call it especially captivating though.

The action...yes there is action even though it's a comedy...is really really so exagerated. It's like they took all their scenes out of movies where only movie stuff could happen. I couldn't suspend my disbelief. There's slightly slightly some computer shit going on that is just fake as fuck that any of us internet geeks would be like "lol okay go make your gui interface to track the ip address." But just the action...it's not realistic at all. It's not like they pull off crazy movies like they were in The Matrix, but bullets will rain down on a good guy while he ducks behind a seat and they'll all miss him. Bad guys will roam around halls like they're in video games patrolling. Some chubby out of shape chick is taking guys down and getting into extended fights using her surroundings like she's fucking James Bond. Yeah okay.

3.5/10. The comedy is better than decent. I probably wouldn't pick it out as something I'd go out of my way to watch though, in terms of comedy. If I factored in how dumb the action scenes were I'd have to deduct like 2 points. And plot isn't something that makes it a must see. You can probably guess what will happen if you see the first 10 minutes.

Magic Mike XXL -100/10

I didn't think it was possible to make a more plodding movie than magic mike but no. The second movie was way worse than the original. My god it was boring. I just couldn't watch this steaming pile of poo they call a movie. One of the worst movies I've seen so far this year. Glad I rented this and didn't buy this crap lol

Spectre - 5/10. I really liked the opening sequence, but what really annoys me is how bond gets away from this giant villain who can crush your eyeballs and snap your neck like nothing, meets up with him again and after having him knocked out unconsious in a car, he doesnt feel the need to shoot the guy. however unsportsmanlike it would be, i mean the guys going to get up and come after you again so, why not kill him? also what happened with C? he gets held up at gunpoint and falls out of the window and dies, really anticlimactic. and at the end bond just walks away, while M arrests the villain. we also dont know anything about him other than being a half brother. would have liked more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pixels - 6/10. Adam Sandler, Tyrion Lannister, Josh Gadd...

after watching the trailer i thought it would be god awful bad. but it turned out to be semi watchable.
    Hi

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 (2015) - 5/10

They dropped the ball! I thought the first one was good, and that the second and third were really great (8.5 stuff), and then they drop the ball on this final stretch! Such betrayal! Much heartbreak! Very mood-killing! Wow!

I'm a bit too bummed out to immediately write it all up, so I'll just leave this here, because their points fit pretty well with what I've got floating around in my head:
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-11-22 at 10:27 PM.

The Secret In Their Eyes 3/10. Really boring, really slow. I also thought the acting was rather poor and the writing lacked any real bite to it. The adaptation is too obvious as well.

The 33 3/10. Kinda interesting in how the miners were rescued. Everything that surrounds these characters is poorly written, badly acted, cliched and so eye-roll inducing as to make you want to vomit.

My All-American 2/10. Embarrassing.

Spotlight 6/10. A kind of journalism procedural. Performances are tight but not too flashy. The pacing of the film helps a lot- the investigation into the Catholic Church unfolds in the manner you do expect. Though it's not a matter of mystery so much as it is satisfying to watch the actors navigate a matter-of-fact material to bring drama to the story of this particular investigation.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-11-22 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Spotlight 6/10. A kind of journalism procedural. Performances are tight but not too flashy. The pacing of the film helps a lot- the investigation into the Catholic Church unfolds in the manner you do expect. Though it's not a matter of mystery so much as it is satisfying to watch the actors navigate a matter-of-fact material to bring drama to the story of this particular investigation.
    I hear whispers about it being the favorite for the Best Picture win.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I hear whispers about it being the favorite for the Best Picture win.
    Wouldn't surprise me. It's an 'Oscar bait-y' type of film. Good performances, well shot and about a very serious subject.

Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies extended cut today; 10/10, MUCH better than the theatrical, it didn't feel as rushed, made a whole lot more sense in general.

The good the bad and the ugly.

So I was really disappointed with this one. Wow, clint was the weakest, queerest I've ever seen him in one of his cowboy flicks. It was just bad all around. Bizarre to ... the continuity of the film was questionable, and this is a classic? Bleh.
    2/10

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    The good the bad and the ugly.

So I was really disappointed with this one. Wow, clint was the weakest, queerest I've ever seen him in one of his cowboy flicks. It was just bad all around. Bizarre to ... the continuity of the film was questionable, and this is a classic? Bleh.
    2/10
    It has some of the best acting, writing and directing of the genre that is why it is considered a classic.

Natch, it's up to what you like. Not really much to say on your personal feelings, but film intelligentsia does consistently agree The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is one of the finest Western pictures ever made.

Though it is interesting that the esteem of the film grew over time. At release some did not like the film. Though due to it's MASSIVE influence on cinema and the language of film making Leone cultivated; The Good, The Bad & The Ugly became rather legendary.

Roger Ebert's review in full: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/gr...-the-ugly-1968
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-11-22 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It has some of the best acting, writing and directing of the genre that is why it is considered a classic.

Natch, it's up to what you like. Not really much to say on your personal feelings, but film intelligentsia does consistently agree The Good, The Bad & The Ugly is one of the finest Western pictures ever made.

Though it is interesting that the esteem of the film grew over time. At release some did not like the film. Though due to it's MASSIVE influence on cinema and the language of film making Leone cultivated; The Good, The Bad & The Ugly became rather legendary.

Roger Ebert's review in full: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/gr...-the-ugly-1968
    I wanted to love this movie, I love legend of Josey Wales.. and Pale Rider, two of my favorite movies of all time(not to mention the incredible Unforgiven). And I got into this one, but I guess just the way they kept going back and forth with who was pushing who around... it was like okay just shoot someone already. Not to mention that final scene which was like seriously painful to watch or believe anyone would be that stupid... after angel eyes seemed to really know what was going on he played the fool at the end...

Yea I'd say the acting was actually very good in the movie... everyone but clint, I did not like his acting in this. He was still the tough one - but a really soft version of that. Like the scarf though.. yea that scarf.

The 2 in my 2/10 comes from Tuco who stole the show.
    Last edited by slime; 2015-11-23 at 12:00 AM.

The Hungover Games 1/10

Sigh... I mean obviously it's a bad movie, but what kind of person writes this stuff? I gave it a 1 because at least there was some redeeming nudity in it. Actually 1 is probably giving it too much.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2015-11-23 at 06:28 AM.

13 assassins 8,1/10
    Overall was good, but at times could have been even better.

The Twilight Samurai 10/10

No words to describe this, it must be experienced.