Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Secret Life Of Pets 6/10

It come out a week early in the UK today. it was alright, not very exciting, had a few laughs, the story felt similar to Toy Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Finding Dory 5/10

Thought it was kinda boring and obvious. Some laughs but many of the story beats are very familiar and less than subtle.

Not bad. It's about what you expect from the trailer.

Kids were indifferent to the film. I think they were kinda bored too.
    To be honest, the trailers didn't excite me. It looked like it was trying to hard to rehash finding Nemo, is that was it turned out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    is that was it turned out to be?
    Kinda. Similar story beats, somewhat similar plot but the same story.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Kinda. Similar story beats, somewhat similar plot but the same story.
    That is disappointing, was hoping for something fresh. Guess I'll have to pass on it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Civil War:

Sucked almost as much ass cheeks as BvS. Staying away from non animated comic movies for awhile.
    You cared enough to post.

Warcraft.

I'd give it about an 8/10. I've already posted my thoughts on the movie itself in the WoW General forum, but it was very much worth the cost of the ticket/popcorn and two hours of my time. A couple of minor disappointments (I would've liked to see some of the story where Khadgar was Medivh's apprentice, but the movie totally did away with that, I thought the Lothar vs Blackhand Mak'gora thing was a little awkward, and Khadgar's personality didn't really fit what I was expecting) are the only reasons I don't give it a solid 10.

Yes, it did twist the lore quite a lot, but none of the twists really ruined it for me.

Deleted
    X-Men Apocalipse - 7.5

Captain America Civil War - 6.8

Was disappointed

Warcraft - 7.8

Loved the movie and don't understand the whole hate. It isn't on par with the big productions like Lord of the Rings. But i wasn't expecting that so i ended up enjoying it a lot.
    The best of the 3 movies i watched in personal enjoyment.

Central Intelligence: 6 / 10
    -had funny moments, was overall enjoyable, rock was good, kevin hart is his usual forced over the top "am i funny now" style acting that begs for a reaction, was a good movie, would watch again if it came on tv.

Conjuring 2 : 3 / 10
    -god this was just awful, lasted over 2 hours, very few scary moments, bad acting combined with even worse special effects, and bad audio dubbing for the scary voices. Another typical post 2010 "horror". This movie tried so hard to be scary, and failed miserably.. I caught my self laughing during many parts.

Deleted
    Puss in Boots - 8

I laughed the whole movie. Good one for Otakus

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Conjuring 2 8/10

I don't normally see scary movies because they end up being dull but I did enjoy this movie and I jumped a few times but I am familiar with the Enfield Haunting as there have been a 3 part episode and a documentary about it last year so it wasn't anything new.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Independence Day 2 8/10

It was a good movie but not as good as the original, Some of the funny moments seemed forced. It also opens a door for a sequel.

Brent Spinners character is awesome in this movie.

Deleted
    Warcraft 5-6/10

CGI was very nice.
    Acting was only so-so.
    The pacing was horrendous, the story butchered and the happy ending made me sick. Didn't even feel sad when Llane died.
    Characters under developped.
    Forced fake feels the movie tries to put here and there.

It scares me to see that people on MMO-C give it a good note, either blind or nostalgic can't see other explanation.

The Nice Guys 7/10

Fun movie
    Good acting
    Even the story is alright considering the focus was humour

Warcraft - 7/10

It was entertaining, thought the Orcs were well done, but felt it could have benefited from a longer run time or two movies

X-Men: Apocalypse - 3/10

Didn't really care for it. Butchered/useless characters, waste of Apocalypse. Odd plot holes. Tired of seeing Singer's vision and not Marvel's.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    Warcraft 5-6/10

CGI was very nice.
    Acting was only so-so.
    The pacing was horrendous, the story butchered and the happy ending made me sick. Didn't even feel sad when Llane died.
    Characters under developped.
    Forced fake feels the movie tries to put here and there.
    More or less sums up my feelings for the movie, I just came back from watching it myself. I knew the story going in and I still thought it was bad in the movie, I can't imagine how the hell anyone who wasn't a fan before would be able to follow that shit. I understand, it is an adaptation, there need to be differences, but the stuff they changed either turned into movie cliche or just made no sense.

Warcraft - 7/10. Some of it was surprisingly good, other sections were a bit lacking in either scripting, pacing, or acting (or some combo of all 3). I enjoyed it more than I thought I would have, looking forward to the sequel. GF (who has never played the game nor had any prior knowledge of the story) loved it.

Dwarves in this film looked 2x better than the ones in Peter Jackson's Hobbit films, which I sort of found amusing.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2016-06-25 at 02:36 AM.

Independence Day: Resurgence 7/10

Not a great film, but I was entertained throughout. A few places I find myself rolling my eyes at some of the dialogue, and given the "world invasion" theme, it was a little too us centric (Mind you, I don't expect a US made film to be set outside the US. I did still sometimes find myself wondering if "America! F*** yeah!" was gonna start playing )
    The effects were cool, and I liked the action scenes. Overall, a good popcorn flick, if you're not the type to sit there picking apart a movie (That said, I wasn't going to see this based on the trailers. I only went as my parents shouted me a movie ticket, lol)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Independence Day 2 4/10

Meh. Sorta boring in parts, a decent action flick/popcorn film. Just kinda shallow, meaningless and cartoonish. Average. An average summer blockbuster.

The Shallows 7/10

Well shot, well directed and very lean. Funnier than I expected but genuinely effective in premise though! Nicely made film. Dialogue and acting were so-so. I just really hated everything characters in the film said. It should have been a nearly dialogue-less movie- I think it would have been bolder and more effective for it too.

Tickled 5/10

Eeeehhh. Not nearly as shocking as the trailer makes the film out to be. A interesting little story sure, but I didn't really get the purpose of the film as a theatrical release. It felt like it there was no real artistic ambition or actually anything important being said as a film. 'Sometimes bad things happen. Bummer."- whatever.

Free State of Jones 3/10

Super predicable, preachy and poorly plotted. The narrative of the film has a lot of issues. Flashbacks to the present, time jumps in the plotting and characters having motivations totally convenient for the plot. Movie tries a lot of things- only thing that saves it is the ever magnetic MM.

Neon Demon 8/10

Wonderful! Vicious and delightfully grotesque. The movie is somewhat absurd but the narrative and style of film making succeeds because the artistic intent is so consistent. Super funny (if you tend toward dark humor) and surprisingly peppy! The movie feels brisk and energetic despite the meandering story and tonal shifts.

Terrific directing and writing. However, the cinematography is among the year's best- no doubt. Art direction is as expected, top notch.

My only issue with the film were from an editing POV (might be intentional?) and the acting is uneven (also, maybe intentional). By design or default, I did find those two aspects at times distracting or/& needless.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2016-07-01 at 01:49 AM.

Finding Dory 8/10

Probably the best new movie that I've seen this year. It had a lot of heart and it was entertaining. A lot of care and detail went into it which is more than can be said about most movies nowadays (Warcraft).

10+ Year Old Account
    Zootopia - 9/10

enjoyed it alot. voice acting was great from bateman and i enjoyed the story and message it sent. good work disney.
    Hi

Warcraft: 8/10

I liked it contrary to a lot of the reviews I enjoyed it. Prior to that I saw Xmen and I would give that 8/10 also.