10+ Year Old Account
    Non-Stop (2014)
    9/10

Probably the best airplane hijacking movie I've seen. Incredible actors, incredible plot, incredible action. Not very realistic, of course, but realism is hardly the point of the movie.

Liam Neeson is one of those actors every movie with which is must see.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Message? What message? If there was supposed to be a message, I missed it.
    "Brotherhood" and "Selflessness".

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Brotherhood" and "Selflessness".
    I dunno...he saw people heroically fighting the good fight. And he saw himself as...not as good, and wanted to be better.
    He didn't just want their respect; he wanted to respect himself.

The LEGO Batman Movie 8/10

I thought it was fantastic and the knowledge they used of Batman was fantastic. It felt a little weak in the ending but the ride in itself was fun. I enjoyed it a lot, but the original LEGO Movie was definitely much better to me.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-02-21 at 02:51 PM.

John Wick Chapter 2: 9/10

Best movie I've seen in a long time. The attention to detail is very good, avoids cliche errors every action movie seems to fall into (bottomless magazines, shots that clearly should have hit, magical amount of guns that can be held on a single person) and digs farther into the hinted at underworld of assassins the first movie showed us.
    Chapter 3 is supposedly already under development, so that's pretty neat.

Deleted
    Looper (2012) - 10/10

Holy cow, i don't know why i never heard about this movie before, do i live under a rock? It was awesome.
    It's a movie with Bruce Willis but he is not the main star of the film
    It's a mix of Crime + Sci Fi

Just a little bit of the plot without spoiling anything:
    In the future the Mafia sends people who they want to kill to the Past to be killed because for some reason in the future is very hard to get rid of the bodies and getting away with murder. The guys who kill the people from the future are called loopers.

Seriously, who the hell comes up with this stuff? Seems like a weird dream Amazing movie
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-02-23 at 03:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    American Fable - 6.5/10

Interesting but also a bit confusing. I didn't get all of the symbolism (or maybe I'm overthinking it). The acting was hit or miss but the lead actress more than pulled her weight. It was a good movie but it also left me wanting more.

Moana - 7/10

Started out strong and then floundered a bit. Standard Disney goodness with splashes of humor and likable characters. Great soundtrack. I'm still humming that main song.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-02-22 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Handmaiden (2016): 9.5/10

I really wanted to cut off points from this, but I couldn't. Before beginning my viewing, I thought the cinematography would be too overdone, with the style over substance trope diminishing the quality to the point of transforming the movie into a borefest. I was glad to find out that it wasn't the case, yet I discovered a film so hauntingly beautiful with characters so well realized, tiptoeing between the real and surreal, with a very cathartic ending. The entire premise and plot reminded me a lot of Hitchcock, weirdly enough. The sex scenes, well, let's just say don't watch it with your parents but recommend it to them for the lulz.

And not even an Oscar nom for best foreign movie, shame.

Moana (2016): 7/10

Very enjoyable, but nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The Handmaiden (2016): 9.5/10

I really wanted to cut off points from this, but I couldn't. Before beginning my viewing, I thought the cinematography would be too overdone, with the style over substance trope diminishing the quality to the point of transforming the movie into a borefest. I was glad to find out that it wasn't the case, yet I discovered a film so hauntingly beautiful with characters so well realized, tiptoeing between the real and surreal, with a very cathartic ending. The entire premise and plot reminded me a lot of Hitchcock, weirdly enough. The sex scenes, well, let's just say don't watch it with your parents but recommend it to them for the lulz.

And not even an Oscar nom for best foreign movie, shame.
    South Korea chose another movie to submit called The Age of Shadows.

Arrival 8/10

Pretty good overall, but I found some parts to be rather silly, the aliens were not as smart as they should've been, given they have the technology to reach distant stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Revenant (2015)
    10/10

I have no words... This is the best movie I've seen in many years. Pure perfection. Quite similar to Apocalypto (2016), but less action-based and more drama-based. I can't remember the last time when I literally was holding my chair, wanting the character to live, and at the end my face was full of manly tears. 4 AM, but I was clapping loudly and yelling "Wow!", I didn't care.

This movie isn't for everyone, some may feel that it is too slow, some that it is too hard and painful, and some may just be bored of staring at DiCaprio for over a half the movie. But if you like this kind of movies, that isn't about action, but about drama, struggle, emotions - then this is as great as it gets.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crimson Peak (2015) - 7/10

So many parts of the story were predictable. The imagery through out the movie was pretty solid. Some of the ending scenes were.... pretty dammed good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Keanu: 6 ~ 10 I loves me some Key and Peele, so color me surprised when I found myself somewhat disappointed.
    Yeah, it felt... forced I guess, I was disappointed as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Looper (2012) - 10/10

It was awesome.
    Yeah, I really liked it. I love Emily Blunt and Joe Levitt was pretty great in this as well.

My last movie was John Wick: Chapter 2. Again. Yes, indeed. I weep when I see cars like his Mach 1 getting wrecked. Like... STOP THAT.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2017-02-23 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, I really liked it. I love Emily Blunt and Joe Levitt was pretty great in this as well.
    The shit they do to the people from the past to catch the person from the future. That was seriously hardcore, enough to give me nightmares xD
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-02-23 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    I loved how Joe Levitt did act like Bruce Willis quite a lot .

7+ Year Old Account
    Bridge of Spies (2015) - 7/10

Solid acting. Decent story. Overall about what I expected from a Spielberg/Hanks collaboration.

Deleted
    Lego Batman, 4/10.
    Dont see why ppl like this so mutch i had a hard time to get to the end of this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Lego Batman, 4/10.
    Dont see why ppl like this so mutch i had a hard time to get to the end of this movie.
    Can hardly see how one could not like it, but YMMW.

Manchester by the Sea - 8/10

Casey Afflec is a 10/10 and deserves the oscar. "Real" story, that would have been a 10/10 if they had "written" the nephew better.

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    Manchester by the Sea - 8/10

Casey Afflec is a 10/10 and deserves the oscar. "Real" story, that would have been a 10/10 if they had "written" the nephew better.
    What didn't you like about the nephew? Thought he was an excellent part of the movie.