Deleted

Thumbs down Cataclysm Login Screen

Hi people, just thought i'd post a thread about the new cataclysm login screen. Well first of all its just Deathwing standing on top the 2 towers in the valley of heroes doing nothing. And secondly, every few minutes he roars, but no sound is heard (Is this just me?). All you can hear is Deathwing breathed xD. Anyone know if Blizzard have any plans on updating this or improving it? It just seems a bit stiff to be, especially after seeing the WotLK one.

This is not a QQ thread, i was just wondering what other people think about the new login screen.

im quite pleased with the login screen. as mentioned efore in another thread the sindra screaming made me want to cry, and my guess is that blizz agrees.

AKAIK the roar was actually removed because people did QQ about the noise.

Arlynius, the One and Only

PUGs mock me cause I tank with Thunderfury, I mock them cause I'm higher on damage done :P

it fantastic. no more loud noises while logging in or "racing to roar" to miss the noise completely

I thought this with the login screen was over...No? Ok..it's just a login screen, you type in password, and login, that's it, you dont have to sit and stare at it, also think it looks nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    People didn't like the noise Sindragosa kept making, which I thought was totally fine. Who the hell stares at their login screen for 10 minutes? Once I get on, I type in my password, voila, I start playing....Never lingering to wait for her roars to loop over.

It looks nice, a loud roar would be okay but annoying sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    People didn't like the noise Sindragosa kept making, which I thought was totally fine. Who the hell stares at their login screen for 10 minutes? Once I get on, I type in my password, voila, I start playing....Never lingering to wait for her roars to loop over.
    You must have been staring at it while having "Disconnected from server" multiple times

Let us compare the Cata login screen to, say, Starcraft II.

In Starcraft ii you're shown a stary field with a planet in the background. Slowly, a battlecruiser appears, slides past, then warps off into the distance.

It's nothing special, sets the general mood of the game, and doesn't distract from the login box.

In WoW you are shown a smoldering city with a giant dragon perched atop of it, slowly moving his head around with the occasional mute opening of his menacing maw.

it's nothing special, sets the general mood of the game, and doesn't distract from the login box.

Seems fitting for a login screen to me.

What made the Warth login screen annoying was the whooshing past dragon flashed sharply on the screen and distracted from the login box, and the roar, while not very terrible on its own, became one of those grating noises that you come to associate with a bad state since you'd hear it over, and over, and over again whenever the servers were down and you were trying to log in repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by darrellmonks View Post
    Hi people, just thought i'd post a thread about the new cataclysm login screen. Well first of all its just Deathwing standing on top the 2 towers in the valley of heroes doing nothing. And secondly, every few minutes he roars, but no sound is heard (Is this just me?). All you can hear is Deathwing breathed xD. Anyone know if Blizzard have any plans on updating this or improving it? It just seems a bit stiff to be, especially after seeing the WotLK one.

This is not a QQ thread, i was just wondering what other people think about the new login screen.
    If everyone around is dead when Deathwing roars how can you hear it?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by dezzagod View Post
    it fantastic. no more loud noises while logging in or "racing to roar" to miss the noise completely
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this>..>

Loud noises does make people cry lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i like the new cata log in screen. i didn't mind the WotLK one although it confused me when i'd get dc'd while afk and herd something roaring in my room. the cata one sets the mood as stated in a prior post, that's all log in screens are supposed to do lol

I like everything about it except that fact that it is stormwind. Music, mood, all that is great. I just wish they'd let you choose between a horde and an alliance version. It kind of takes away from the epic feel that DW is destroying a city I haven't the slightest interest or personal investment in.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."