Poll: Will you be home come release day?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

*cough*, think Ill take my sick time...

I know I cant be the only one out there. I requested both release day and Wednesday off as soon as the release date was released. I feel pretty lame for doing so because I usually wouldn't pass up work for a game, but I am excited about cataclysm and couldn't help myself. Will you be home on release day?

considering the snow thats hit europe I'm fairly sure the vast majority will be getting a sick day

Today's my last day at work for the year, back when the office opens again on January 5... so you'd better believe that I will be home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking a week of vacation time myself. I didn't say what I was doing but my boss was smart enough to realize that I was going to be playing WoW. Oh well, I do what I enjoy and I will be getting paid for it.
    Knowledge is power.

Quote Originally Posted by TreLocke View Post
    Taking a week of vacation time myself. I didn't say what I was doing but my boss was smart enough to realize that I was going to be playing WoW. Oh well, I do what I enjoy and I will be getting paid for it.
    I myself couldn't come to admitting that my time off will be spent playing WoW. Told him I was going to Marthas Vineyard hah!

Quote Originally Posted by MinorityMe View Post
    I know I cant be the only one out there. I requested both release day and Wednesday off as soon as the release date was released. I feel pretty lame for doing so because I usually wouldn't pass up work for a game, but I am excited about cataclysm and couldn't help myself. Will you be home on release day?
    There's absolutely nothing to feel bad about, that's what your vacation days are for....
    Pulling a sickie is less-than-honorable, though. :P

My professor canceled his Tuesday class because he is "going out of town", he brags all the time about playing WoW and we know he is pumped for Cata, so ya. Win for us all

Finals week next week for me, so I'll play when I can

Im gonna play from 3am-school-back to playing.. >.<
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by OldBert View Post
    My professor canceled his Tuesday class because he is "going out of town", he brags all the time about playing WoW and we know he is pumped for Cata, so ya. Win for us all
    Just lol

I'll get a paper cut ...it's just a flesh wound! I'll stay home and play wow

I have the 7th off on holiday since I know I'll be up all night on the 6th if the servers stay up checking stuff out.

As for getting a block of playtime in? Check out how the bank holidays and weekends fall over Christmas and the New Year. I've burned three days of leave to get a ten-day weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    My job is very casual. I managed to get an entire week off for Cata. =D

Honestly, release day is the worse day to take off if you only have one off day you can take. Crowded zones, server hiccups, lag, too much competition to kill quest mobs/loot quest items, frequent crashes, and the ever-present threat of multi-hour downtime for "emergency maintenance".

Deleted
    Had the whole week off because of the snow. I doubt it, but there is a small glimmer of hope that i could have tuesday off

I was kinda disappoint becuase I had no Vaca time left but then my work comes and says I'm laid off from 1 week the week of the 6th through the 12th.
    If it's not on fire, you're not trying hard enough.

Deleted
    I'll get a paper cut ...it's just a flesh wound! I'll stay home and play wow
    nice one! xD

Hello, this is your boss. I'm on your server right now and I just /who'd you. You are online and already level 81. Screw you for being ahead of me, and you're fire.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

I've been working my ass off to get enough extra work done and not telling anyone about it (I'm a graduate student, so the progress I make in my research varies a lot from week to week anyway). Been working ~16 hours a day this past week to get a bunch of extra stuff done that's kind of been sitting on the back burner for a bit (not really coming up with much, more just things I've needed to write up).

Keeping it in my back pocket, then early next week theres a lull around Tuesday/Wednesday in when things for classes come due, so bam, I whip out this stuff plus say "I'm working on some other things" and... should be clear for a day or two. I'm working straight through the weekend to make up for it, so I'm more just rearranging off time at this point rather than being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    my winter break from college starts dec 8th (for me anyways since 6-8th is our finals week >.<) but I have no final on the 7th, so that'll be a day full of installing cata and watching bars move across the screen