10+ Year Old Account

Maintence on Release Day?

I purchased Cata digitally online, it claims that I will be able to play the minute the severs go live, so presumably 12 AM PST. With Tues normally being maintenance day will there be maintenance a few hours after the servers go live?

Figuratively yes, you will have access to new content on 12:01. The way I presume it will happen is several server restarts followed by not-so-good server lag and such because of the amount of traffic that the servers will get. Crossing my fingers for a clean release however.

15+ Year Old Account
    There has never been a maintenance on release day

While I haven't seen the announcement, it's been claimed that there will be no maintenance next week. Since Blizzard has done that before, skipping one, or on one occasion, even two weeks of maintenance, I have no reason to doubt this claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maintance is on Tuesday > Wednesday, atleast in Europe.

I do remember WOTLK launch not being able to play till about 7am. Granted, they never said the servers wouldn't go down. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was maintenance anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    "Is Frost viable?"

"Not really, it's a long way behind Arcane and Fire"

"FUCK YOU I'LL RAID FROST ANYWAY".

not a planned one, no. There will be unplanned (but surely expected) server restarts though most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by rezombied View Post
    I do remember WOTLK launch not being able to play till about 7am. Granted, they never said the servers wouldn't go down. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was maintenance anyway.
    nonsense, there was no maintenance or even a server restart.
    Wotlk was literally just "turned on" while servers were online,
    We were clearing sunwell and as we got to kil'jaeden people started showing up in /who borean/howling, and we just gave up on killing KJ because people wanted to rush to start lvling.