Thread: Cooking in Cata

Deleted

Cooking in Cata

Does anyone know, what will be needed for cooking stuff in Cata? We have had Spices in Wrath, but are they used for Cata food too? I've got alot of Dalaran Cooking Awards and Im thinking about handing them in for Spices. I don't know, what will happen to the Dalaran Cooking Awards, when Cata hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    there are awards you get from doing the cooking daily, they can be used to buy crates of meat/recipies. it looks like you get 1 per daily, and they stack 10 times as of now.

They are useless. Get 100, wait until they fix the achievement, then buy a Chef's Hat.

Northern spices... cook up some food for leveling in cata with the ones from the bag, otherwise they are useless.

I remember i saw what looked like a 'goblin bbq' on beta. It lookes so wicked I hope i'll get one. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameraca View Post
    They are useless. Get 100, wait until they fix the achievement, .
    What achievement? 100 Cooking Awards? Working as intended; It's 100 cooking awards, not 100 dalaran cooking awards.

OT: No, no sort of spices.
    Last edited by mmocd9f934ed2c; 2010-12-03 at 02:49 AM.

I've seen most of the new recipes bought with Cooking Awards from the Stormwind Cooking dailies require fish. Only a few have i seen require odd stuff like Cocoa Beans and Fresh Water.

Currently you can do the dailies live in 4.0.3a, and buy/learn some recipes. The dailies have nothing to do with cooking, it's "go get this fish" or "find these crabs" or "steal these pumpkins".

About the Dalaran Cooking Awards, those are now useless pretty much. Spend them or something, make food or something.

I think that Dalaran awards will be just Dalaran awards after cataclysm hits. I found pretty odd to have 100 unspent tokens to get that achievmento, though. I'm saving them for the hat anyway...

Deleted
    Okay so basically, one need to buy those crates the new cooking questgiver sells right?

So we could spend all our old "marks" on Spices to get some easy leveling. Sounds reasanoble, I just wasn't sure ty