Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The (not so) Great Gate into Mulgore

During Pilgrim's Bounty I was trying to figure out how to get to Thunderbluff for the Pilgrim's Peril achievement what with the new giant gate the Tauren constructed. I found out it was humorously easy and later made a short video about it.

I think it's just for show.
    but the sound effects on your video were good

It's even more great when you remember everyone will have flyers.

Lol nice. I lold.

from a "realistic" standpoint, that would be strategically advantageous for the defenders... do you have any idea how easy it is to defend a single-file blind spot?

Not meant to actually keep players out. Just for looks.

Very funny, lol. Thanks for the laugh.

not even a teeny bit of scaling nearby mountains. they might as well have left the front gates open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by c4tuna View Post
    from a "realistic" standpoint, that would be strategically advantageous for the defenders... do you have any idea how easy it is to defend a single-file blind spot?
    Agreed.

The conveniant path you ended up on that lead ironically right up to where you got through at the end was pretty awesome...

This is a game where you attack and kill one set of creatures Obviously in view of the others and they do nothing to help their friends..... so the gate was designed to keep Blind creatures out.

I really wish you could have seen how dumbfounded my face was.

Gj on video short and sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    That gate is just uncharacteristic for the tauren anyway... I mean I can understand the reasoning but suddenly having a race of nomadic, cliff-dwelling, native american style people who live primarily in tents and build very little wooden structures build a ginormous wooden wall and gate is just weird... also how do lowbie tauren get out of Mulgore when they are finished there? is there another path opened up or is there a special flight they take out?

that actually made me laugh, i was expecting you to go up and around a mountain or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    It's even more great when you remember everyone will have flyers.
    Idd lol... Who need to pass the gate when u can fly over it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    That gate is just uncharacteristic for the tauren anyway... I mean I can understand the reasoning but suddenly having a race of nomadic, cliff-dwelling, native american style people who live primarily in tents and build very little wooden structures build a ginormous wooden wall and gate is just weird... also how do lowbie tauren get out of Mulgore when they are finished there? is there another path opened up or is there a special flight they take out?
    At the end of Mulgore you get a free flight to Orgrimmar.

Tauren stopped being nomadic before WoW started, anyway. They've been building large wooden structures since at least Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    At the end of Mulgore you get a free flight to Orgrimmar.

Tauren stopped being nomadic before WoW started, anyway. They've been building large wooden structures since at least Classic.
    Other than the bridge houses in Thunder Bluff what wooden structures have they built?