Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the OP... and why aren't their old allies (hippogryphs, chimaeras, mountain giants, faerie dragons, ancients, treants, Cenarius and his children, the green dragons, the Ancients of old, Elune herself) helping them more? They should be fighting back against the Horde imperialism just as much and yet we get more alliance forces and heroes becoming neutral for the sake of horribley unrealistic balance...

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    In Stormrage I think some crap happened and the green dragon aspect grew them a new world tree or something weird like that and restored their immortality.

Even if they aren't immortal anymore they have more war experience than any other race.. the same night elves that are fighting now fought during the war of the ancients right?
    Correct most of them are, even though they aren't immortal anymore they still live a really long time. Teldrassil is the new world tree but no more magic to allow for immortality. However, Nordrassil in Hyjal is still around and kicking getting stronger which could leave some hope for the Night Elves to possibly eventually regain their immortality.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    I agree with the OP... and why aren't their old allies (hippogryphs, chimaeras, mountain giants, faerie dragons, ancients, treants, Cenarius and his children, the green dragons, the Ancients of old, Elune herself) helping them more? They should be fighting back against the Horde imperialism just as much and yet we get more alliance forces and heroes becoming neutral for the sake of horribley unrealistic balance...
    Ancients are helping them.

Quote Originally Posted by cabreil View Post
    Ah I laughed so hard.

I think night elves lost there immortality when the well of eternity was destroyed if I am not mistaken. When the well went the benefits of it went with it.
    No, their immortality was tied to the world tree. When Malfurion sacrificed the world tree to destroy Archimonde their immortality was lost. Many Night Elves were having difficulty accepting their loss of immortality. Archdruid Fandral Staghelm was one of these Night Elves and so he planted Teldrassil, whether or not their immortality was restored when Teldrassil was cleansed of the Emerald Nightmare is something I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Hyjal is more focused druids than on Night elves specifically. My biggest issue is that there really is no Night Elf leadership action going on at all. Tyrande sat on her throne for 6 years and hasn't lifted a finger.
    She lifted a few fingers! The AQ quest chain. Where I think its Eranikus (or some dragon) comes from the dream and rapes Moonglade. She came and purified him!

I think it's really sad that you all think that these wow characters control their own lives, but really its blizzard that does everything.

Quote Originally Posted by cabreil View Post
    Ah I laughed so hard.

I think night elves lost there immortality when the well of eternity was destroyed if I am not mistaken. When the well went the benefits of it went with it.
    The Bronze Dragon Flight leader never blessed Teldrassil so the Night elves did not get their immortality back.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Stormrage I think some crap happened and the green dragon aspect grew them a new world tree or something weird like that and restored their immortality.

Even if they aren't immortal anymore they have more war experience than any other race.. the same night elves that are fighting now fought during the war of the ancients right?
    Keep in mind the Night Elves have been hit hard by the Cataclysm, they are still Mortal and are now experiencing it's Drawbacks, They die easilly and often.

Before the Night Elves could fully muster a force to fight back the Horde in Ashenvale the Cataclysm struck and they had to shift priorities, namely making sure their lands don't break apart. Like their intro says, Destruction is closing in all around them, they are dealing with being Mortal, facing the Twilight cult and the Elements ETC.

I for one think they have done quite well, they Decimated the Horde in Darkshore and have managed to push the Orcs back to the Warsong Lumber camp.

How many Red-Shirt Guys do you need to came up with the idea that the lore of WoW is actually broken?

And when i was told that Malfurion was on Darnassus, i get teleported there, and... i was disappointed. I was expecting a more chubby Malfurion, not another normal model with a fake beard.

have you all even quested in ferlas or ashenvale as alliance nelfs are kicking ass in ferlas and by the end of the ashenvale quest they start to push back the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    have you all even quested in ferlas or ashenvale as alliance nelfs are kicking ass in ferlas and by the end of the ashenvale quest they start to push back the horde
    I'm not saying the Night Elves haven't made any militaristic gains, I'm saying their leaders (mainly Tyrande) have been idle since WoW was released.

Yeah.. You'd think a ancient race of immortal warriors would be..better. Although I guess for the sake of balance we can't expect them too be too good.
    yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Except they're not good at all. They haven't had any sort of political tension since WC3. And somehow they just sit back and let short lived green skins rape their forests. I don't think Tyrande has done a single thing since before WoW launched 6 years ago. Pretty lame.
    this, even mortal, they can still make the trees attack the mlike in wc3 when the orcs tried to cut ashenvale

The quests in teldrassil tell you that the blessing by the 2 dragons didn't return their immortality..they're still looking for it..well actually judging by the quests in Darkshore, they're not, they have a very dignified view on this that shows the great wisdom of their age. shame that is not quite translating into victories on the battlefront ..but then maybe it's more than i thinkgy
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2010-12-03 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    You would think, but they seem to be pretty easily beaten on the war front, seem to be pretty crap against orcs and frnakly any race that challenges them, seem to be atrocious at magic too - i mean according to lore shouldn't they now be the best race at magic? with the arcane might of the highbourne, the ancient highbourne not the high/blood elf kind with all the secrets of a magical age that the current one is but a pale shadow of in their heads, then the druids the most dedicated nature magic casters, i mean these guys are the PhDs of nature magic, Shaman are more concerned with leading their people, druids devote themselves entirely to nature and its secrets, and of all the races the night elves are the best at that. Then there is divine magic, I don't think we've seen any priest do more than Tyrande Whisperwind has, or a priest hood more effectual than than the Priesthood of Elune, by reputation you could say only the Draenei are a more priestly race, but by reputation only as again we've seen more action from night elf priesthood than draenei. That is remarkable representation in all 3 branches of magic, the arcane, nature and divine. Blood elves are sorely lacking much expertise in the nature magics department, Forsaken are woefully inadequate their too and are only proficient in the shadow half of divine magics. Trolls are amateurs to all the branches of magic, only divine and part nature have they been using these past htousand years, the arcane and druidic nature specialization have only recently come to them. Humans, strong on divine and arcane, yes, weak on nature. Tauren strong on nature, non-existent arcane, quite new to divine. Goblins and Worgens - relatively new Gnomes - good on arcane, weak on nature, just started tackling divine

and they're suppsoed to be the most agile adept too aren't they? making excellent rogues and hunters, they meld into shadows. I must say they have never been portrayed as formidable warriors the way orcs or humans have but then it's more their magical and stealth exploits we've heard about and nothing to suggest they're bad at melee, they've masterminded two victories against the Legion afterall..

just seems a bit naf, that a race that defied the Legion not once, but twice, at the centre driving force of its only 2 ever defeats is being kinda rolled over, okay they are not being rolled over, but just seem well a joke.

look at the male casting animation !
    walking.
    bouncing.
    attack ready (shaking like a leaf instead of a ready fight dance back and forth.

It's just not cool in my book, the cool factor did not translate from WC3 into WoW, tha'ts what I think.
    have you quested in ferlas or darkshore cause you should quest in all there zones before you make an opinion

Night elves kinda have half Kalimdor, almost everyzone have at least one night elf base. They expanded in Eastern Kingdons and helped the Gilneas humans control the 'Worgen' form. Malfurion is back and god he's one of the strongest heroes (faction leaders).

The problem with the night elves and their allies is the same 'problem' that affect almost every Alliance organization.
    They become NEUTRAL. (Argent Crusade, Kirin Tor, Cenarion Circle, etc)

The Cenarion Circle for example, is praticaly a Night Elf organization (i know of course that there are Taurens, trolls and worgens) but in almost every base is full of night elves, command line and architecture. And a lot of night elf allies is tied to the Cenarion. Even the CENARIUS himself will be neutral. (Ok the same orcs that killed me STILL chop my forests and kill the race and nature that i protect in a open war)
    Ex: Its kinda funny see in Felwood the horde goblins chopping the forest and very close there is a Cenarion base that do nothing.

But for example if u get the Cenarion (at least lets say 70% of the people and bases) and turn in Night Elf Alliance bases and figures like Keeper Remulos, Cenarius and some arch druids. You will see the whole force and potential of the night elves, even more now with the highbourne mages (one of the most powerful mages).

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I got WoW first when I was 18, picked a Night Elf Priest, and still play that toon as my main toon to this day, it has been 3 years. I chose night elves because they were closest to the elves in LotR, which I loved.

Saying immature brats pick any faction/race above others is so ignorant and foolish. Honestly. Can we all just grow up and realize, there are kids playing holy cows, there are kids playing gnomes, there are kids playing green-skins, there are kids playing space octopus-goats.
    Way to take a generalization personally. Maybe I should have specified that I didn't start this belief, I don't believe it myself, and that I have met plenty of Night elf and Blood elf players that didn't behave this way, but there is a reason "huntard" and "nelves" are often considered to go hand in hand. I was expecting people to be intelligent enough to infer that it was a commentary on why they are treated as jokes in a lot of the newer quests. Sorry if my meaning got lost.

I haven't leveled any new Alliance toons since 4.0 came out, so I can't speak from experience regarding the way Night Elves are treated ingame, but on Horde side there are 3-4 quests where Blood Elf males are mistaken for females. I just made the assumption that there are similar quests regarding Night Elves that play of traditional, even if incorrect, views toward said race by the WoW community

Quote Originally Posted by Klur View Post
    Way to take a generalization personally. Maybe I should have specified that I didn't start this belief, I don't believe it myself, and that I have met plenty of Night elf and Blood elf players that didn't behave this way, but there is a reason "huntard" and "nelves" are often considered to go hand in hand. I was expecting people to be intelligent enough to infer that it was a commentary on why they are treated as jokes in a lot of the newer quests. Sorry if my meaning got lost.

I haven't leveled any new Alliance toons since 4.0 came out, so I can't speak from experience regarding the way Night Elves are treated ingame, but on Horde side there are 3-4 quests where Blood Elf males are mistaken for females. I just made the assumption that there are similar quests regarding Night Elves that play of traditional, even if incorrect, views toward said race by the WoW community
    where does this happen? is it in Silverpine? cos i've done every horde 1-20 zone so far except Silverpine in 4.0.3a and not come across that reference yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surafang View Post
    Ancients are helping them.
    Helping them against the Horde? I think not... and I love how Cenarius doesn't even seem to care about working with the faction that just a few years ago murdered him and a lot of his children and clear cut a lot of his home land on top of that...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire View Post
    Helping them against the Horde? I think not... and I love how Cenarius doesn't even seem to care about working with the faction that just a few years ago murdered him and a lot of his children and clear cut a lot of his home land on top of that...
    At the moment he's got bigger fish to fry. They need reasons too keep the big guys away or completely ignore them..

One thing the Alliance has is alot of powerful beings on their side. The Naaru, Cenarius, the Ancients. They have to stay occupied otherwise it'd be a pretty clear cut win. It took an army of blood-raged Orcs to kill Cenarius the first time.

Also thanks for correcting me guys :P I knew the tree was back so I figured the night elves were immortal again.