Vanilla WoW....here's what I'm burning on

Vanilla was awesome. Purples were true "epics."

level 60 was a true achievement. Heck, making it through stv was the puberty of leveling your toon. That's when your ba**s dropped and you became a man, and your reward was an expensive 60% mount!

Raiding was the real deal. Getting 40 ppl to be in one spot atthe same time?! Let alone coordinating that mess?!

I couldn't raid so I went the pvp route. I was a casual pvp'er. Next thing you know I was lieutenant general. So I went for it during summer vacation, played 16 hrs every day, and 6 months after "grunt" I was the only high warlord hunter ever on my server. I was king of kings.

HOOOOOOOWWWWEVER, all that which made vanilla great also made it horrible. There a reason why it's not like that anymore. That pvp grind made me HATE wow. Specially when 5 months later
    2.0 went live and every scrub was farming my gear. And I didn't have xrealm q's. My av wait was 2 hrs!

That level 60 grind was HORRIBLE. I would play for 5 hours and barely get half a level.

Raiding.....FAAAAAK, 40 ppl?! how long do you think it takes to gear up a raid when people get two t1 pieces and dot raid for 3 weeks so you have to fill that spot with a newb with blues and greens.

There's a reason why vanilla is only in our memories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. Are you suffering from Schizophrenia? You contradicted each and every point you made.... The point of this thread.... is?
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by diablito1059 View Post

Raiding was the real deal. Getting 40 ppl to be in one spot atthe same time?! Let alone coordinating that mess?!

I couldn't raid so I went the pvp route.
    That doesn't make any sense. You claim 40man raiding was the real deal but you got no experience from it? your living on made up memories from vanilla.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

I get it, and I agree. Looking back Vanilla WoW was pretty awesome, at least I thought it was. I had a lot of good times. But I also wouldn't want to redo it. Some of those grinds just down right sucked.

I'm responding to the ppl that say vanilla was the shiznits. And the point of my thread is to show that nostalgia hides reality.

First part is nostalgia
    Second part is reality
    (my reality atleast)
    Last edited by diablito1059; 2010-12-03 at 03:52 AM.

even with all that was shitty about Vanilla i still loved it more so then BC and Wrath
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazbi View Post
    even with all that was shitty about Vanilla i still loved it more so then BC and Wrath
    That's a though one for me. I LOVED rolling with my HWL set knowing that no one could touch me. But vanilla was all a big griiind. Everything was hard. Buying a damn epic land mount was a huge deal.

Heck, putting together a 5 man dungeon run was like putting together an icc group now. Remember, having to spam in the cities for up to an hour for a 5 man dungeon?! Dunno if I prefer that

Deleted
    Vanilla was hell to go through looking back.

But it was fun.....

Certainly wouldn't do it again though, raid leading 39 other people, managing their hissy fits.. Working your ass off to get purples. Picking up that little bit of vendor trash and going "thank god! i can repair tonight!".. Looking at your money and seeing 1g 23s... Farming for that epic mount...
    They were good at the time, but i wouldn't go back.. Not even if you paid me

(Still its great to slip the old T2 on and stand outside the SW bank for an ego trip now and then)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAnt View Post

(Still its great to slip the old T2 on and stand outside the SW bank for an ego trip now and then)
    I hated wow so much for just giving away my warlord gear in 2.0 that vendored my set and quit the game for 1.5 yrs

its the reason i like dvanilla you didnt have scrubs walking in and acting and saying can i has a hit at that creep nows and running in and taunting it was more co-ordinated. i liked it more.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 04:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by diablito1059 View Post
    I hated wow so much for just giving away my warlord gear in 2.0 that vendored my set and quit the game for 1.5 yrs
    did the same it really pissed me off so much i loved my warlords gear....
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

there's a reason vanilla existed, and there's a reason the game evolved. it's like growing up. its nice to remember but things just don't stay the same. sometimes for the worst, but in wow at least i can confidently say, for the better.