10+ Year Old Account

BM signature shot

Now that SV have the supposed to be BM signature shot. Why not make one for BM.
    I got an interesting idea that will, perhaps, be a viable shot.

Dual Shot: Fires two shots that causes X% weapon damage plus put the target a bleeding sting. Stack 3 times. Generates 9 focus.
    2 sec cast time.

To back this up, a talent will spice this even more.
    -Talent-
    Commanding Shot: Each stack of sting from dual shot increase the chance of Kill Command for 20%.

So what do you guys think? Yey? or Ney?

Edit: If you guys are thinking that 20% is big. Well that basically, is the idea, to get KC crit oftenly.
    Last edited by Qhara; 2010-12-03 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhara View Post
    Now that SV have the supposed to be BM signature shot. Why not make one for BM.
    I got an interesting idea that will, perhaps, be a viable shot.

Dual Shot: Fires two shots that causes X% weapon damage plus put the target a bleeding sting. Stack 3 times. Generates 9 focus.

To back this up, a talent will spice this even more.
    -Talent-
    Commanding Shot: Each stack of sting from dual shot increase the chance of Kill Command for 20%.

So what do you guys think? Yey? or Ney?
    Its too OP and why generate.. it should cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelur View Post
    Its too OP and why generate.. it should cost.
    it has a cast time...like the other shots. 2 secs.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, although KC isn't "exclusive" to BM, it is the chimera/explosive equivalent. I doubt that will change any time soon.

i could see them making KC BM exclusive. no other tree will bother wasting the focus for it, why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why make Kill Command BM exclusive, when it isn't worth it for MM and SV to use it anyway? It just means Blizzards design works.

Getting another focus generation just for BM sounds to me like a good idea. Obviously if not you'll just use Cobra Shot, but whenever i play BM on Live right now, i never have Focus problems to refresh Serpent Sting and use Kill Command on every Cooldown.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    i could see them making KC BM exclusive. no other tree will bother wasting the focus for it, why not?
    That is why they don't make it BM only; Because no one else wants to use it....

I only use it rarely at fights like sindra where I have to stop attacking, or have to be in melee range.

Kill Command is BM's sig "shot", it hits like chimera/ExShot, has a CD with a moderately high focus cost, no need for a complicated mechanic shot to muck up a good spec

I think the beefed up pet makes up for the shots.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Your proposal is essentially a MM flavored attack, not just an attack mind you but one that is already enhanced via talents and echoing the MM mastery and you wish to make it even more powerful with a glyph. It is far to strong to be even considered. As a MM my first reaction is "don't take my entire spec, boil it down into a single shot and give it to another spec."

This seems to be what you are trying to avoid yourself, although I have never heard of explosive shot being intended for BM.

If you wish to speculate about good ideas for a more unique signature shot for BM you should really be looking towards the pets, not the shots. Ranged attacks are the realm of the MM when it comes to signatures and partially SV. Even BM's AOE attack is now primarily sourced from a pet, although I would never suggest reducing a signature shot to a single family of pets obviously.

To me the BM's signature ability has always been the big red pet. Why beastial wrath was not made the signature ability for BM is strange to me, perhaps because measuring it's effectiveness against the other specs would be tricky, although they still need to do it anyway.

Kill Command really seems to be the only ability I can think of that compares to the other specs signature styles appropriately. It's a directly damage attack that applies it's effect immediately, further it's used through the pet and thus has the BM design at heart. Should it be unique? Well it is, no other spec has the damage increase to KC that BM has.

Yes the other specs have signatures that BM can't even put onto the bars but so what? Lots of people here claim that KC is mostly of no use to them, as MM I find myself using it occasionally (if I need to focus dump between SS pairs to maintain ISS) but that is a unique circumstance and the dps per focus cost is inefficient. Using KC in any other situation is worse then firing arcane shots, thus KC for MM (and SV) is not the same ability as it is for BM.

On the flip side I can't think of any situation in which a BM would want to use Chimera Shot or Explosive Shot instead of their own KC when a BM KC is just as effective and efficient for them. Maybe in the brief period of time it takes your pet to close to the target however you can always take advantage of the time in other ways too, put up your sting, mark the target hit BW.

as soon as i seen the 'bleeding sting' i wanted it

Then spec into MM and get Piercing shots.

Actually another consideration is that Blizzard seems to be trying to move away from insanely high crit chances. We can really expect no more then 15-20% chance to crit at level 85 now if I remember correctly. So making a shot plus glyph designed to give your KC another 60% to crit will probably not be looked on favorably.

Besides you still have Improved Kill Command, this gives you 10% increased crit chance for 2 talent points. I'm gonna say that a talent point is considered more valuable then a glyph (might be wrong) and if so, then you are not going to get a 60% crit chance increase for 1 glyph. Glyph of Kill Command is a good example of the scale of effect that Blizzard seems to want to give the ability, a focus cost reduction of 3. This is the scale you should be looking at.

If you want a shot that adds a benefit to KC and stacks at that, then KC will need to be nerfed enough to balance it against the other signature shots. The assumption is that you will want to use it and therefore will always have all 3 stacks up on your target before you KC. I don't like that either as it nerfs KC for the off specs who occasionally use it. Right now it's worth using for MM to bleed focus between SS casts and this has a use.
    Last edited by Sidoen; 2010-12-03 at 01:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. Suggesting Steady swapping with this shot is also an option.

BTW, the talent Resistance is futile, i see it more of a BM talent to me. Since most MM junkies skip it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidoen View Post
    Actually another consideration is that Blizzard seems to be trying to move away from insanely high crit chances. We can really expect no more then 15-20% chance to crit at level 85 now if I remember correctly. So making a shot plus glyph designed to give your KC another 60% to crit will probably not be looked on favorably.
    Lava burst say hello.

cobra shot isn't the signature shot for bm or survival, steady is the signature shot for marks.

they kinda messed that up.

Kill Command hits like a truck for burst damage, and that's bm's signature ability

The spec is about the pet, so make an attack that the pet uses. Like Kill Command. oh, nvm.

Just take kill command away from the other two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancowski View Post
    The spec is about the pet, so make an attack that the pet uses. Like Kill Command. oh, nvm.

Just take kill command away from the other two specs.
    Fair enough, but to do that they'd either have to make it the signature ability for choosing the tree, or make it a talent in the tree itself, and it would have to be tier 3 or higher (lower?) to prevent the other 2 trees from having access to it. That means either losing our stun, or not getting KC until a much higher level than we get it now, and neither is very appealing to me.

I think it's fine how it is. Yeah they have access to it, and yeah it CAN be useful to them in some situations, but for straight up dps, they'll never use it. I don't see any problems here, and I think that most of the complaints about it come from some arbitrary feeling that there has to be "equivalence" between the specs in how many abilities they have access to and such. And frankly there just doesn't, we're all hunters, but the 3 trees really SHOULD be different, and really SHOULD be good at different things.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."