Thread: Mage Tricks

Mage Tricks

Hello all, this is my first post =)

For me, The best trick as a Mage, especially with good gear (item lvl 251+), is H nexus on the Grand Magus Telestra fight. If you play your cards right, you can spell steal a 1 minute haste buff from the Mage Hunter Ascendant right before the fight. All you have to do is pop cool downs and spam Arcane blast and you pull 20k dps and the boss dies in 6 seconds with a good group, especially now a few days before Cata comes out.

What other Mage tricks have you guys found throughout WOW? (i.e. blink drop and so forth)

Deleted
    My fav trick is when on the Gunship Battle in icc when some one is pissing around jumping from one end of the boat to the other i like to stick a slow fall on them and watch them fly right over the side of the boat ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post
    My fav trick is when on the Gunship Battle in icc when some one is pissing around jumping from one end of the boat to the other i like to stick a slow fall on them and watch them fly right over the side of the boat ^^
    Shouldn't you be focusing on killing adds? And not trying to find it someone who is screwing around, so you can be a jerk? Just saaaaaying. =)

lol, that's evil :d

Popping invis and running through mobs who haven't been pulled yet, there is always someone who doesn't realise what your doing and follow you!

Deleted
    I actually like to do that same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Shouldn't you be focusing on killing adds? And not trying to find it someone who is screwing around, so you can be a jerk? Just saaaaaying. =)
    I dont do it during fight i mean before start when people are jumping all around it gets anoying so i get my own back we all find it funny any way we laguh about it in guild

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Desul View Post
    Popping invis and running through mobs who haven't been pulled yet, there is always someone who doesn't realise what your doing and follow you!
    Yeah i love that one too it's normaly my friend alan on his huntard who follows me quite funny every time

Deleted
    Also in shattarath and dala when there was portals there i used to love to stick one of my portals on top and just watch while people try and click to go to say stormwind and nothing happens they just stay there it's funny to watch for a while but we cant do that any more i guess

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Focus magic > switch spec

Bestest trick
    Not sure if this still works since last patch i tried it last night in pvp and my buff came off the lock i put it on unless he clicked it off but idk

I like to have a Portal Roulette.
    The other mage(s) and I usually dump tons of portals on top of each other.

The others tend to get mad... yay!
    Cataclysm = CTC | Icecrown Citadel = IC | | CLASSIC, not vanilla |

Deleted
    Love that one too ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Evil and funny too If you are an officer in your guild I understand you :P

I always like to spellsteal levitate or slow fall from priests and mages jumping the cliff to escape from Lumber mill in Arathil Basin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three-four years ago the best trick ever was being able to blick in forbiden places, like Zul'aman and so on

my favorite trick right now is in the beginning of Strands, run to the boat dock, position in the enemy tank, cast MI's as boat arrives, cast IV and angle Blizzard as close to the offload. keep spamming it and then start nuking people down with the procs(usually will have fof and brainfreeze procs to work with off the blizzard to gib somebody). and keep casting and moving within the tank, even if the enemy gets in it and moves. worst case they get you as the right target, just blink back towards end of dock, invis, and some of your team should be positioned there to back you up. people think i'm suiciding but i always get away while half their team is still attacking my MI's sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Three-four years ago the best trick ever was being able to blick in forbiden places, like Zul'aman and so on
    Yeah i once blinked inside the original dalaran when it was in south shore