View Poll Results: Would you want anime references in wow?

Voters
461. This poll is closed
  • Normal yes

82 17.79%
  • Normal no

58 12.58%
  • Don't care

121 26.25%
  • MUST HAVE MORE REFERENCES!!!

83 18.00%
  • Never!! Wow must stay wow

100 21.69%
  • What is anime??

17 3.69%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil Scouts in Azshara do a move where they shadow step behind you and there is a log in there place, which is very similar to a Jutsu from Naruto.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF am I reading?
    Why did you choose ambiguous "Dragonslayer" over an obviuos TTGL quests as an example? You're like those people on wowhead who post far-fetched comments about anything in WoW being reference to some pop-culture thing. I hate you so much.

On topic: it's cool when I recognize some references or "easter eggs", subject it is related to doesn't really matter. It's the fact of recognition itself that I enjoy the most.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Blizzard would not put anime references in World of Warcraft just for the sake of putting in anime references. They DO, however, put TONS of references to pop culture in general in their games. Several animes are well known in pop culture.

As for the "Dragonslayers" title, it's likely a joke since A) We're slaying dragons this time, again, and literally; and B) Calling PvP elitists "Dragonslayers" jokingly is something people have done in MMOs for quite a while.

But like I said, it's also a literal title. Let's have a look at the Kingslayer title. How did we get this title? We killed Arthas. What was Arthas? The Lich King. We slayed a king. Thus, we are Kingslayers. Likewise, in Cataclysm, we will kill a dragon. What does that make us? Dragonslayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    Perhaps some subtle anime refrences would be nice i.e. A worgen named sesshomaru, a murloc named jaken, a black katana called zangetsu, or a dog pet named Ein. However having all these in the game at the same level of play would likely saturate the game so preferably only one of those would be in there.
    What about a druid that can transform into a white cat form called Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Some demon called Ulquiorra Cifer, A robot called megaman, Some special tame-able fox with 9 tails called kyuubi etc. etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Have you ever seen another story/game that has orcs, the brutish morons, as leaders of a faction?
    Orcs are always frontline fools and get commanded by others, so a race like the forsaken or the blood elves should lead the horde as the smart rule the simple minds. End of story.
    ohh son thats a can O worms you do not wanna open

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    WTF am I reading?
    Why did you choose ambiguous "Dragonslayer" over an obviuos TTGL quests as an example? You're like those people on wowhead who post far-fetched comments about anything in WoW being reference to some pop-culture thing. I hate you so much.

On topic: it's cool when I recognize some references or "easter eggs", subject it is related to doesn't really matter. It's the fact of recognition itself that I enjoy the most.
    I didn't know about the TTGL one till just recent X3
    And I saw this one when I was scrolling through the achies :P

The night elves in aszhara use Substitution jutsu from Naruto First horde quest when you enter the zone.

Oh, and of course, VO-7-TR-ON in ulduar!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuran View Post
    The night elves in aszhara use Substitution jutsu from Naruto First horde quest when you enter the zone.
    Yeah XD
    they are friggin ninja's :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    What about a druid that can transform into a white cat form called Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, Some demon called Ulquiorra Cifer, A robot called megaman, Some special tame-able fox with 9 tails called kyuubi etc. etc.
    not bat at all espically Grimmjow he was one of my faveorite characters in bleach. the final fight between him and ichigo was hands down the Most epic to date.

Deleted
    Also anyone seen the quest chain that's a reference to Bioshock? :3
    It's in stonetalon.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    not bat at all espically Grimmjow he was one of my faveorite characters in bleach. the final fight between him and ichigo was hands down the Most epic to date.
    Well as everyone thinks Grimmjow isn't dead. So it might happen that we see another fight :3
    Or he went to hell and Ichigo will face him there in that new bleach movie ;3

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's have a Blood Elf male quest giver with one red eye called Relouch Ramperouge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also anyone seen the quest chain that's a reference to Bioshock? :3
    It's in stonetalon.

---------- Post added 2010-12-03 at 10:18 AM ----------

Well as everyone thinks Grimmjow isn't dead. So it might happen that we see another fight :3
    Or he went to hell and Ichigo will face him there in that new bleach movie ;3
    That would be pretty sweet cause the final fight with izen in the manga sucked giant hairy overstuffed donkey balls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You do realize that that term was used way before anyone ever thought of anime right, like in ancient stories and such.

I'm rather disappointed in the knowledge of young people these days.

Also I absolutely loathe anime, so guess what I voted
    I know but for me it's still a slight reference X3
    Last edited by mmoc8ef961ed22; 2010-12-03 at 09:24 AM.

wtb a Char Aznable reference. i think the red comet deserves it
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Some small references here and there are entertaining to come across, but they shouldnt reference everything the japs ever done.
    Imo a reference to the older and more iconic shows are worth a chuckle, and for nostalgia "wait a minute, i reconize this" and then the you remember the shows, the epic scenes, and you get entertainment while being entertained (hopefully).
    That said, a few small subtle references spread out over the sands of time are the best, because you wont risk getting overwhelmed by the lot, and there will be room in the future for more, i personally approve of the Do the Imp-possible chain and lovely C'thun.

I hate your smiley faces OP, I hope Charizard visits you with a flamethrower.

.....damn anime freaks
    i quoted chex!

/brofist

Deleted
    Dunno which one it was but if you beat one heroic raid you would get this title: 'Dragonslayer'
    For the people who wanna ask what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the anime Fairy Tail.
    Here we have mages with magic learned to them by dragons called, you might have guessed it, Dragonslayers.
    Yes, and on that note, Fallout New Vegas made a WoW reference! The fact that Westside and Freeside are fine (Poor, but fine.) while Southside is in ruins clearly represents Varian and Garrosh's hatred for Stranglethorn.
    Also, the "Knock on Wood" achievement is a reference to the song AND NOT THE EXPRESSION THAT CAME BEFORE IT.

OT: References should be ranked on the funny-scale, not the genre- or source-scale.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2010-12-03 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohyeahv1 View Post
    I hate your smiley faces OP, I hope Charizard visits you with a flamethrower.

.....damn anime freaks
    *throws a rock at charizard*
    Charizard: *instantly faints*

Who had to visit me?

The title 'Dragonslayer' is a reference to an anime with people called 'Dragonslayers'?

Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    If there should be a reference to Anime, it can only be from something like Pokemon or Dragonball. Its the only i can think of right now which is widely known.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End