Thread: !Beautycase

Deleted

!Beautycase

Hello,

does anyone know if there's a tutorial for !Beautycase or know how to use it? I'm not into .lua coding and have no idea how to start.

thanks

I want to create frames for Power Auras.
    Last edited by mmoc3ef7845c2d; 2010-12-03 at 02:26 PM.

It's funny the only thing I found on the internet about Beautycase was your post on WoWInterface in the Neav UI compilation. This post looks like it has your answers.

You'll have to figure out what framename the addons gives to its frame

for example Bartender action bar 1 would have a frame name similar to "BT4_Bar1" (without quotes)

1) figure out the frame's actual used name:

make a macro and put it on your action bar:

Code:
     /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() );
    (don't know if this would still work, havent used it in quite some time, but in the past i used it when i wanted to tinker with kgpanels )

2) Hover your mouse over the frame you want to get the name from and keep the mouse on that spot while pressing the action bar button with the macro.
    3) in the chat you will see a message printing out the name of the frame. If it states something like WoldFrame then its a no-go because the Worldframe is everything you see rendered for the game itself, npc's, buildings, etc.

after you figured out the name of the frame you'll have to make the code like:

Code:
    CreateBorder(BT4_Bar1, 12, R, G, B, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1)
    see, i changed to "myFrameName" part to the first action bar from bartender

i think to certain restrictions in the coding language, a framename never has spaces in it, so never presume that an addon's name is the same as the framenames they use. Some addons will make it really difficult for you to find the frame name, just keep hovering your mouse over the frame bit by bit untill the "WorldFrame" changes into something more addon like

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    That's the problem though. I am not sure Power Aura icons are identified as frames though. So if I use that script, all it does is to come up with 'world frame'. But how to create borders for textures with BeautyCase. I know it's been done. I just can't find a tutorial and I'm not good enough in .lua to understand how it's supposed to be done.
    Last edited by mmoc3ef7845c2d; 2010-12-03 at 05:29 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anything that shows a texture has to show the texture on a frame. Each Aura created in PowerAuras is attached to it's own frame. However, PA doesn't actually NAME the frames.

The /Framestack command in WoW shows the frame as a table reference, sadly - this means that the frame's name changes every time your UI gets reloaded, as well as at login, or changing toons. Also, the frame isn't created until either Power Auras config is brought up and you "test" that Power Aura, or until the Power Aura shows up in normal gameplay.

These two issues, combined, make it difficult, if not impossible, to attach a !BeautyCase border to a PowerAuras graphic frame.

Deleted
    90% sure I made a script that you could pass the string table reference and it would search the entire _G table and sub-tables somewhere.
    Let me check.

EDIT: Found it. Try using that.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-12-03 at 07:42 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks a bunch