Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy Feral more, but I'm concerned about how Ferals will do in Vashj'ir. Will the whole underwater-thingy cripple melee-leveling? I'd like to think not, because there are classes that don't have the option to be ranged, but I'm still a bit anxious.

But in the end, I think it comes down to one thing: whatever you enjoy the most. I know that I will level as Feral, even if it would suck to level in Vashj'ir, I'd just suck it up out of personal preference. And the "worst"-case-scenario would be leveling in Hyjal. I could live with that.

you get a movement buff in vash'ir so even if you are swimming you move at normal speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by revilfour View Post
    For balance you have a knockback, stun and a very powerfull AoE attack though. 2 of the 3 of these are things that feral does not have that can be usefull while leveling.
    Balance does not have a stun and AoE isn't nearly as powerful as it was - Kitty Swipe is just as good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    With glyphed faerie fire and +30% runspeed it's pretty easy to tag stuff as feral. And most named mobs in cataclysm can't be tagged, they'll give credit to anyone who damages them.
    Those special mobs are in the low level zones. Unless they added them in the last day of Beta there are no such mobs in any of the 80+ zones. Flight Form+Moonfire/Sunfire/Insect Swarm=easy tagging.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesche View Post
    either one will work, I myself plan to go with feral because my gear is better, plus leader of the pack is great for survival knowing that mobs hit alot harder now so its really all about survival.
    You can't really use LotP here because you're comparing a melee (gets hit) to a caster (tries to avoid getting hit) when the caster version has many ways of avoiding the damage to begin with.

OP: Play what you enjoy - there are arguments for both. I personally leveled easily as Balance several times during Beta.

---------- Post added 2010-12-04 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    you get a movement buff in vash'ir so even if you are swimming you move at normal speeds.
    You move at a faster swim speed, nothing more. The advantage is still on ranged in vash though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=73701

"Sea Legs
    Unlimited range
    Instant
    Grants water breathing and increases sea floor movement speed by 60% while in Vashj'ir.

"
    Last edited by Cerelli; 2010-12-04 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i rolled a Troll druid this week and i found it easier to lvl up with feral
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Ferals can solo mobs other classes/specs need 2+ more people to kill. That should be enough for you to make your choice.

As far as my experience, both Balance and Feral kill things very quickly. Pick whichever one you like, make a Resto offspec for dungeons, and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    As far as my experience, both Balance and Feral kill things very quickly. Pick whichever one you like, make a Resto offspec for dungeons, and have fun.
    I disagree.

Pick either feral dps with a bear off spec.

Or a boomkin with resto off spec.

That way you only need to worry about 1 set of gear as it will be fine for your off spec whilst levelling. Just pick up spirit gear and use the spirit>hit talents if you go boomkin/resto.