Deleted

Does Cataclysm DVD contain all data?

I'm spending Xmas away from my main PC with my WoW installation, but obviously dont want to miss out on the cata launch. What I need to know is if the Cata DVD contains all the data I need to install and play the game?

I do not have my Classic, BC and Wrath discs with me.

To clarify: Can you perform a full fresh installation oof WoW using only the Cataclysm DVD?

Thanks, and sorry if this has been asked before!

Yes you can use the Cataclysm CD to download everthing again... You dont need Classic,BC or Wrath anymore They also said if you use the old Cd you will get a Error so just use Cat and you should be good

As none o' us probably have Cataclysm yet, it's impossible to answer.

You could make a clean install with the WLK-disc, it'd surprise me had Cataclysm been otherwise!

I would expect that you could do a full install of patch 4.0.3a (slight chance only 4.0.3) from just the Cata disc, but you'd have to update any client-side patches/fixes since that version.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

No, you will not have all possible patches in Cataclysm DVD. It will most likely have part of the game files (missing TBC and WLK) and use the stream downloader to get those parts for you if you're doing clean install. Also the discs which are physically sold have been manufactured about month ago and does not have all patchers and hotfixes released since.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Also the discs which are physically sold have been manufactured about month ago and does not have all patchers and hotfixes released since.
    Do we know when Cata went gold? My understanding is that the industry can actually go gold a lot quicker to release date than they used to. Obviously it has to be before today since some sites are promoting same-day delivery, but it could've been last week.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Do we know when Cata went gold? My understanding is that the industry can actually go gold a lot quicker to release date than they used to. Obviously it has to be before today since some sites are promoting same-day delivery, but it could've been last week.
    Every time I've heard numbers it's in 5-8 weeks range for all major software (TBC, WLK, Win7 for example). Could be smaller releases can be put out faster, but doubt it when they need to package million retail boxes.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.