Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dustfp View Post
    what if, when joining LFG, instead of just selecting role(s), you also selected the stuff you wanted to roll on, with a section for Main Spec and Off Spec. your choices would be limited by gear that your class can actually equip, and if something drops that is selected as Off Spec, anyone with that type of item in their Main Spec section would get priority
    i'm sure this type of thing would be possible, but there are always going to be negatives to a system which becomes too rigid

Great minds?

I think it's below level 60 that you can roll need on anything regardless of armor class, weapon proficiencies, etc., a rule which was originally implemented since there was very little "appropriate" gear for some of the specs which weren't very well supported in Vanilla (i.e. moonkin, caster shammy, etc.) and which hasn't been removed since such items have been added to the game. Just have to hope that Blizzard realises and changes the sub-60 rules to be the same as the ones we're used to from heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    L2 4.0.x Armor specialization.
    Armor specialization doesn't kick in until level 50- just as you're getting close to heading to Outland. Itemization for certain types of armor- specifically, leather, mail, and plate caster gear- is a mess in pre-BC instances. Maybe Blizz has fixed this with the old world revamp, or will once Cata is out, but I've been leveling a new resto Shaman during the past week or so and haven't seen much indication of it. If you are a shaman, druid, or holy pally leveling through the dungeon finder, you're still going to need to roll on cloth gear to have any hope of having a full set of spec-appropriate armor prior to level 60.

Would like to see Blizz do for random non-armor gear what they did for the Frozen Orbs in WotLK- force greed-only rolls. PUG'ers stealth rolling need on lockboxes, gems, recipes, etc. is a pain, and different servers and groups seem to have different expectations in terms of everyone needing, everyone greeding, need if you have a proficiency, etc.

Deleted
    Come cata, deathwing will eat them all!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    L2 4.0.x Armor specialization.
    Yes, because lowbies under 50 do not even have it... And honestly, who really cares about that before raiding? It's raiding when that extra 5% becomes a huge deal, during leveling it's so minor it ain't even funny.

had a mage roll on attack power necklace. and a thief roll on tanking cloak with str. this game needs an IQ requirement. this was in lvl 70-80 dungeons.

Deleted
    Pre 4.0.3a some cloth items were BiS for boom and some Mail was BiS for holy pallies.

Thats why!

srsly guys who cares about 1-79 items? you can lv just in heirlooms alone ;o if you need more to fill other slots just buy some crafted gear from ah and thats all

Quote Originally Posted by potfur View Post
    srsly guys who cares about 1-79 items? you can lv just in heirlooms alone ;o if you need more to fill other slots just buy some crafted gear from ah and thats all
    That's great if you're leveling your 10th alt on a server where you already have an 80 and plenty of gold. If you are a new player just starting, or someone rolling on a new server or new faction, it's a bit of a bigger deal.

Seems rolling on lvl 80 Items is messed up now too,

my Druid is allowed to roll on: Cloth, Leather, Mail Caster Gear,
    yes in heroics.

As my Paladin Healer is, found this out in Heroic Forge of Souls, as i was able to roll need on the Mail helmet from the last boss.