Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I would avoid these:

Priests - Probably the worst for a brand new player to start with (I did, don't regret it, but its a long drawn out levelling process)
    Druids - Probably have too much to think about for someone very young, and new to the game
    Shaman - Again, while popular suggestion theres a lot to think about in terms of specs and totems
    DK - They skip half the game. Not good for first timer.

You're probably best with pure DPS class as I said before. Simply because they don't have much to think about besides DPS, kill quickly and just have an easier time levelling up.

Priests - aren't that drawn out now that they get mind flay at level 10. Just leveled one after the shattering and it was pretty fun.
    Druids - once you pick a spec (especially since blizzard makes you only talent that one until 31 pts) it's pretty straight forward
    Shaman - totems aren't necessary and for a new player you aren't expecting them to play perfectly
    DK- unless I missed them changing it you still need a level 55+ already

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chega View Post
    Hes gotta wait another year, sorry.
    Trust older siblings to keep their hellspawn siblings in line, I know I look over mines shoulder with a figurative whip and steely gaze, and so help me if he ever says anything in L33t speak or swears. *KA-POW*

Anways my little brother plays a mage, and manages just fine. Hunters he seem's to enjoy the 'making friends with animals' idea.
    My mum really owns the account and plays it but when she's busy he hops on a character.

Try mage is my suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I have to tell you is to get him one of those small mice. My 10 year old nephew (I let him play on my account sometimes, start lvl 1's and stuff) He can NOT get his tiny hand to work a normal sized mouse for a game where it's so necessary to have one.
    Otherwise I'd suggest a rogue though. When my sister started playing, who isn't really a gamer, we told her to roll a rogue, and she had a TON of fun with it. Stealth is a noobs best friend. Being able to avoid combat entirely, and sneak past extra mobs, and sap adds is the perfect kind of shit that helps out a first time player.
    Good luck teaching an 11 year old the ropes! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Airique View Post
    First thing I have to tell you is to get him one of those small mice. My 10 year old nephew (I let him play on my account sometimes, start lvl 1's and stuff) He can NOT get his tiny hand to work a normal sized mouse for a game where it's so necessary to have one.
    Otherwise I'd suggest a rogue though. When my sister started playing, who isn't really a gamer, we told her to roll a rogue, and she had a TON of fun with it. Stealth is a noobs best friend. Being able to avoid combat entirely, and sneak past extra mobs, and sap adds is the perfect kind of shit that helps out a first time player.
    Good luck teaching an 11 year old the ropes! lol
    i have a mini laptop mouse, its like 1/3 the size of a reg mouse(if that). If we play alliance, we will be playing with a good friend of mine who has been playing his rogue since release. So if my bro chooses a rogue he can get some good advice, since ive only played a rogue to 20

Derailed the Cereal Thread