Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Idk i've been treated pretty well on my recently 80 dk, people aren't like omg your dps sucks in heroics or anything, Im pulling 3-4k just hitting 80 last week, everyone i've been in a random with has been like grats on your recent 80 and they don't mind my needing stuff to get better

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate every bad player, not just DKs. Though if your DKs name is "ArthasDKdeath" you should understand why you're getting discriminated.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Borntobe View Post
    my dk is troll, never had any problems with him.

also most noob dk's i've seen are either male orc, male belf or (but less) male tauren
    Most of the bad DKs I run into are either undead or blood elves.

Orcs are usually okay, tauren are the best. I rarely see trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Most of the bad DKs I run into are either undead or blood elves.

Orcs are usually okay, tauren are the best. I rarely see trolls.
    agreed on the troll part i'm one of the few on my server, same goes for undead not many of them either
    Youtube Channel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Minecraft Map: Valley of Ages(map is out of date)

Deleted
    To the OP: Go and run Hellfire Ramparts with a level appropriate character, preferably as a tank.

There's your answer.

In short:

"OLOLOL DEATH GRIP IS FUN"

Quote Originally Posted by Borntobe View Post
    also most noob dk's i've seen are either male orc, male belf or (but less) male tauren
    a male NE has to be included in here
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Well for some reason all the bad players decided to roll DK, I've never had any problem cause my DK is one of the top ranked guilds of my server and I study the shit out of him, I just don't copy other peoples talents.

I've seen frost DK wearing a Two Hand weapon with Dual Wield talents and Frost pressence, I've seen DK's Tanking with Dual Wield, I've even seen Blood DPS DK on my server, so is very easy to stick out as a DK.

And I agree about 95% of the DK's are bad and do not get the Rune system and I think the number of bad DK's have grown a lot more since we lost our rotations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Oh I'm sure there are some better DK tanks than some warrior tanks. But I'm a holy priest from Vanilla. I've been healing warriors for 5 years. I know them, know I can trust them, feel comfortable healing them.

My early (first) impressions of healing DK tanks were not good, so I've just avoided them. Have they gotten better? Probably. But I've been just fine healing other tanks, so I don't really need to find out.

Also as someone who levelled 1-80 as a holy specced priest, I just think levelling 58-80 as a faceroll dps/tank which had more favors and buffs from Blizzard than every other class (at the start of wrath mind, remember I left for a long time) just isn't the same experience.

I find the class laughable to be honest. And I guess that reflects on the players who choose that class, which is kinda unfair of me seeing that most of them played other classes before hand and are good. But I just have always had a hard time taking DK's seriously.
    This type of thinking is just, frankly, laughable. By this reasoning you must not like Pally or Druid tanks either since (as a Vanilla player myself) we know they couldn't tank in Vanilla since the gear/specs just weren't there for the classes.

Also if a person has a DK they must have at a minimum a level 55 toon on their account. Which means they, in fact, have NOT skipped levels in the leveling experience since DKs start at 55 (not 58 which most people tend to forget due to their starting quest line.)

I could go on but you're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine that your take on an entire Class is idiotic and you obviously know nothing about them.

DKs will always have a stigma attached to them. As long as you're a good player, people will look past that.

People aren't supposed to like Death Knights, remember? Working as intended.

Deleted
    Male belf & nelf DK's, played by 12-15 yo's, ALWAYS with a really stupid name in a stupid (not funny, stupid) named guild, doing EVERYTHING possible horribly wrong, completely ignorant to any directives/suggestions, haven't got the slightest clue, not speaking a word of english except
    "GOGOGOGG LOL FU NUBS" and due to the plethora of tools available perfectly capable to wipe the group in seconds.
    It's profile is an angst filled young adolescent (think angry german kid video) with RL acceptance issues and now having the grasp on a knight of death with pointy ears and long hair - like evil Legolas from the movies, just even better!

That's what goes through many peoples mind when seeing that proverbial male belf/nelf. People playing female toons are usually fine. Probably due to rather looking to a attractive ingame race girl's ass, which indicates at least full adolescence, rather than male characters, which would more likely adhere to younger players, in the stage of reflectiveness from their own fantasy world and outside sources, where their main heroes are usually male.

That's my view on it, and I sincerely apologise if I made any actual psychologist turn in his grave with my theories

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion84 View Post
    In short:

"OLOLOL DEATH GRIP IS FUN"
    Can't tell you the number of times i was tanking a pack or two of mobs with my pallys/warriors and the dk standing next to the healer decides he finally wants to do something... and then you hear it "/yell Get over here!"
    makes me wanna /facepalm

Require IQ test for Death Grip?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    Male belf & nelf DK's, played by 12-15 yo's, ALWAYS with a really stupid name in a stupid (not funny, stupid) named guild, doing EVERYTHING possible horribly wrong, completely ignorant to any directives/suggestions, haven't got the slightest clue, not speaking a word of english except
    "GOGOGOGG LOL FU NUBS" and due to the plethora of tools available perfectly capable to wipe the group in seconds.
    It's profile is an angst filled young adolescent (think angry german kid video) with RL acceptance issues and now having the grasp on a knight of death with pointy ears and long hair - like evil Legolas from the movies, just even better!

That's what goes through many peoples mind when seeing that proverbial male belf/nelf. People playing female toons are usually fine. Probably due to rather looking to a attractive ingame race girl's ass, which indicates at least full adolescence, rather than male characters, which would more likely adhere to younger players, in the stage of reflectiveness from their own fantasy world and outside sources, where their main heroes are usually male.

That's my view on it, and I sincerely apologise if I made any actual psychologist turn in his grave with my theories
    I Lol'd.
    Then agreed.
    Then cried

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hero class that started at 55 and was super OP when Wrath went live. People got pissed [read: jealous] and just started hating anyone that played the class. Of course, the 4 DKs and a healer 5-man fail-fest runs in Outland didn't help either.

Once people started raiding, and DK's got nerfed, everyone noticed that 90% of the DK's you ran across were spec'd wrong and played poorly [i.e. bad/no rotation, mis-geared, etc...]. This made people further hate DK's.

Now, 2 years or so later, the hate isn't gone. Fret not, DK's, soon people will hate Goblins and Worgen...and you can just melt into the shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    Not all Death Knights are idiots....YET, EVERY single idiot has a Death Knight.
    Damn Death Knoobs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imral View Post
    This type of thinking is just, frankly, laughable. By this reasoning you must not like Pally or Druid tanks either since (as a Vanilla player myself) we know they couldn't tank in Vanilla since the gear/specs just weren't there for the classes.

Also if a person has a DK they must have at a minimum a level 55 toon on their account. Which means they, in fact, have NOT skipped levels in the leveling experience since DKs start at 55 (not 58 which most people tend to forget due to their starting quest line.)

I could go on but you're entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine that your take on an entire Class is idiotic and you obviously know nothing about them.
    Well they've skipped those levels on their deathknight. When I started my priest at level one, I put points in the wrong talents, I made mistakes, I messed up. I learnt, as I levelled up. By the time I hit max level I was a healing machine that rarely puts a step wrong.

Where as DK's were still making those learning mistakes in Level 80 heroics because they rushed to 80, then started tanking in DPS gear or whatever.

Remember, as i said I have taken a long break. But at the start of wrath 90% of DK tanks were awful. So I just stuck with paladins, druids and warriors. It doesn't hurt because those tanks get the job done and there is usually one available. If I have to go with a DK tank i will, so be it. But I've had far more fail runs with DK's than I had with the other classes, mostly because a lot of DK's still didn't know their class when they hit 80.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2010-12-03 at 07:18 PM.

I always viewed them as the "start-over" class for people who were sick of their main but didn't want to level all the way up again. I guess I still always assume DK's are alts and thus more likely to be played poorly. By now though, a lot of the baddies have been weeded out, so I try to just judge them on their play.
    Nothing to see here! Move along! Nothing to see here!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobs View Post
    And DPS means Don't Pull Shit!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate DeathKnights. WAY too many of them. Pallies too. Even if you do your job right, even if you're better than other classes, I hate your class. Props to anyone who plays something other than a DK or Pally.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post

Remember, as i said I have taken a long break. But at the start of wrath 90% of DK tanks were awful. So I just stuck with paladins, druids and warriors. It doesn't hurt because those tanks get the job done and there is usually one available. If I have to go with a DK tank i will, so be it. But I've had far more fail runs with DK's than I had with the other classes, mostly because a lot of DK's still didn't know their class when they hit 80.
    The DK wasn't exactly tooled properly to tank at level 60 - not enough HP, not enough mitigation, not enough talents/abilities to survive...and the mobs/bosses hit WAY hard in BC 5's.

By the time DK's hit 80 and had some decent gear, they were more than capable of tanking anything. People just stopped giving them a chance.

Deleted
    Not all Death Knights are idiots....YET, EVERY single idiot has a Death Knight.
    pretty much this, btw 3-4k dps, isnt really medicore, 10-13k dps rather is medicore,

Quote Originally Posted by allaiva View Post
    Can't tell you the number of times i was tanking a pack or two of mobs with my pallys/warriors and the dk standing next to the healer decides he finally wants to do something... and then you hear it "/yell Get over here!"
    makes me wanna /facepalm

Require IQ test for Death Grip?
    I remember a warrior nerdraging on me when I DG'd a caster into our group while I was in a run of normal Utgarde Keep on my first DK. Strapped on his heirlooms and said, "If you want to DG so badly, you tank it."

So I put on my crafted green tank gear and tanked the rest of the instance and now that DK is a main spec tank. As a bonus, it shut that guy up for the rest of the instance.