Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Big Changes Coming to Fishing?!

I remember them saying those exact words at Blizzcon. They talked about how they were changing a lot of professions, and they said that BIG changes were coming to fishing. Did they ever follow up on this? Did they ever talk more about it? Or was this just another "dance studio/tattoo parlor confirmed in wrath" type thing?

big changes = what they did to it in wrath?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. They claimed big changes were coming to fishing in cataclysm. Not at the Blizzcon that JUST passed, but last years. When they announced cataclysm in general, and showed the new races, etc.

You got a new icon to replace the godwheel. Enjoy it.

If they mentioned something 2 years ago, and completely ignored it this year, that's a pretty common sense indicator that they quietly pushed it aside.

Deleted
    My friend mentioned this and I've been wondering the same, I aint heard anything on it though.
    To be honest, with all the work they've put in so far to the old world, I'm quite happy for them to just leave this for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    to bliz big changes= icon change, to a fish. na I'm just joking, but they just didn't get around to it i guess. D:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

New changes = More low level daily quests that give +skill when completing them? Or was that just during the Thanksgiving event?
    What wet dreams are made of!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm extremely excited for all the new content. Can't wait for Tuesday so I can reroll. I just love fishing too and wondered if they had touched on that anymore. D: Poor Poor fisherman..

Well, the fishing daily rewards fishing skill. That's new, not really earth shattering though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    You got a new icon to replace the godwheel. Enjoy it.

If they mentioned something 2 years ago, and completely ignored it this year, that's a pretty common sense indicator that they quietly pushed it aside.
    ^ this

15+ Year Old Account
    They did big changes in the context of the fishing profession. Not in the context you were thinking.

I'm sure they had some new and cool ideas to add in, but just like any game, not everything is possible to put in.

The one and only change I would like to see to fishing is AIMING THE DAMN LURE! Oh how I loathe casting a dozen times to get the lure into the pool.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruzar View Post
    New changes = More low level daily quests that give +skill when completing them? Or was that just during the Thanksgiving event?
    nah u still get the same rewards now, must be the new type of fishing/cooking dailies - or atleast the ones in orgrimmar

Have a Nice Day ™...

I heard that the next raid patch for Cata is fishing! You and 24 other heroes out-fish the best of the best in a fishing-tourney setting!

But seriously, they could just be saving the fishing changes for a later patch, or just pushed it aside.

yeah, at least they didnt start working on it in beta and got rid of the idea half way through it. YES IM TALKING TO YOU PATH OF THE TITANS

10+ Year Old Account
    OOF! That'd be nice... I'd also (just for fun) like to see a lot more of the fish you catch, be able to be equipped in offhand. Not that this would ever be useful, it would just be fun. xD

ohhh and you get a daily that gives you +1 or +2 to your fishing skill, I don't know but after leveling fishing on 3 toons, I think that is pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Airique View Post
    I'm extremely excited for all the new content. Can't wait for Tuesday so I can reroll. I just love fishing too and wondered if they had touched on that anymore. D: Poor Poor fisherman..
    As a Salty I like it just the way it is. Fishing is tedious and boring in real life. In WoW, it's tedious and boring with a constant threat of being ganked. TBH I'm quite thrilled with its current status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    As a Salty I like it just the way it is. Fishing is tedious and boring in real life. In WoW, it's tedious and boring with a constant threat of being ganked. TBH I'm quite thrilled with its current status.
    I'm salty too. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it the way it is. I obviously enjoyed it enough to get all the achievements. I was just excited of their talk.

The one and only change I would like to see to fishing is AIMING THE DAMN LURE! Oh how I loathe casting a dozen times to get the lure into the pool.
    /want

but yeah havent heard anything and they probably just pushed it aside
    Robot #1: Administer the test.
    Robot #2: Which of the following would you most prefer? A: a puppy, B: a pretty flower from your sweetie, or C: a large properly formatted data file?
    Robot #1: Choose!
    Fry: Uh, is the puppy mechanical in any way?
    Robot #2: No, it is the bad kind of puppy.
    Leela: Then we'll go with that data file!
    Robot #2: Correct!
    Robot #1: The flower would also have been acceptable.