Thread: Grid vs Healbot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gird + Mouse-over macros or TukUI frames.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Add another stating VuhDo blows the others out of the water. I use it even for my non-healers(which are all now as i hate healing in post 4.0)

With vuhdo, its easy to setup for tanking (click someone for righteous defense/intervene) emergency buffing (shift click for hand of freedom, etc). My rogue even used it for tricks. hunter for misdirects. Its very simple to setup, way more configurable than the others, does more, and looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Actually, the opposite is true. Healbot does EVERYTHING grid does but dosent take 4 hours (which you wont get back) to configure. In addition, when I tried it it mucked up my standard UI not allowing me to right click portraits cos it was now bound to something else.
    I'm sorry but if any of them take you 4 hours to configure then you're doing something wrong. Also, it wasn't Grid that "mucked up your UI", it was Clique. Well it was actually YOU not knowing/not taking the time to learn the addons. All you had to do was go into Clique menu and use the check boxes to tell it what Unit Frames you wanted it to work with. So if you wanted default clicking actions on standard frames, just uncheck the box.

You could also just not bind anything to right/left click or bind the Target/Menu to other buttons. With all of my setups I never bound anything to the left click button, it always stays as Target.

My personal experience:
    Tried Healbot and didn't like it. I didn't use it very long, but I've also heard about the lag with health bars. I thought that was fixed but I'm not sure. I didn't like the menu, but the Unit Frame panel was ok.

Grid/Clique was my favorite for a long time. I still find it has the most customization for notifications. The down side (also an upside if you don't need them as it doesn't use as much memory) is that to get them you needed extra addons to Grid (side/corner indicators). Otherwise I found it to work great, and the extra customization of Clique can come in handy as well.

VuhDo is what I use now and it's great. Setting up extra panels or customizing them the way you want them is really nice. The buff bar can also be quite useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom View Post
    Tried Healbot and didn't like it. I didn't use it very long, but I've also heard about the lag with health bars. I thought that was fixed but I'm not sure. I didn't like the menu, but the Unit Frame panel was ok.
    never experienced lag with HB, but you do you know there is a little slider to change update rate on health bars or change it to fluid bars right?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the basic breakdown on features for each addon:

Healbot: Playable out of the box, includes click casting, moderate configurability

Grid: Playable out of the box, extreme levels of configurability (the defaults in Grid and Grid2 are both workable for non-raid healing, but not optimal)

Vuhdo: Usable out of the box (but farther from optimal than Grid), extreme levels of configurability, click-casting (pre-configured per class, but easily changeable)

I've never used Healbot, myself, but a friend does. I used Grid from when I started BC raiding 3.5 years ago until about a year back, when I swapped to Vuhdo (and a 25-man raiding guild, instead of a 10-man).