Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That would be cool. But I am putting my money on Alexstrasza jacking the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

I think we will get some kind of uber-raid buffs from Thrall and possibly some dragon aspects, hardmode will be to forgo some of these buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aldar View Post
    u guys are misunderstanding im more leaning towards what youd rather see in the way we engage deathwing not sarcastic feelings on icc or what you expect blizzard to creat more of what your hoping for in a fight with deahwing
    If anyone listened to the Wowinsider podcast today, I thought their ideas on the Deathwing fight would be pretty epic.

I didn't catch everything they said, but basically it would be a fight where the raid climbs on top of DW's back and kinda rips him apart. Meanwhile, DW is flying around the world trying to get us off his back. For instance, periodically he would spawn metal bugs that you would have to kill quickly, which would fuse back into his armor when killed, and provide an object to click on that "straps" you onto his back temporarily. DW would do a barrel roll ("Do a barrel roll!") and everyone not holding onto one of the bugs would be flung off and insta-killed. Also, DW could ram into mountains and buildings trying to get us off his back.

I was thinking that being so large the entire raid would be on Deathwing's back fighting various body parts, adds and having to deal with his head turning and breathing fire, dealing with his various flight maneuvers and other things that the devs could think of to throw at us.

Agreed, 10 people killing Deathwing just doesnt seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiya View Post
    EPIC! ... But what for alliance players that haven't really had the chance to kill Gamon?
    He rezzes everyone with the mighty War Stomp, cries out "WHY, IT'S VARIAN! YOUR CHIN JUST MIGHT FIT DEATHWING'S ARMOR!" and forcibly inserts him into the armor, creating the new Aspect. He then looks out at the other Alliance members and says, "NOW LEAVE HERE, AND NEVER RETURN!" while his voice slowly becomes more Deathwing-ey.

Deleted
    Oh god, this is so hilarious it made me cry irl XD

This kind of thing sounds epic in theory. I remember back in vanilla there were threads about lich king being a 100man raid consisting of half horde half alliance. However, in practice it is much more annoying than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddleswitch View Post
    I'm going to go with the 3 current Dragon Aspects + Kalcegos (magic) and Thrall (earth), will band together, reforming the 5, and destroy him while we do something to hold him in place...or at bay.

I wouldn't doubt that some of them will be corrupted prior to that though, so I imagine we'll have some time to fight each of them. (thinking like the 4 keepers)
    Given the sheer size of Deathwing I'm sure it will be something along these lines. Deathwing's model is even larger than Malygos I believe. I'm predicting something like the Malygos fight to kill him.

if its mounted combat im not even gonna go inside the instance

Deleted
    Seeing as he had the power to change entire continents I would expect some pretty awesome terrain effects, maybe make it an outdoors fight were he basically destroys a nice quite green valley as you fight him. Fase one with deer and rabits and apple trees, fase 2 earthquakes and erruptions and fase 3 LAVA AND DEATH!

Also it would be quite cool if instead of having 1 very long fight maybe a series of them, like round 1, then some adds/bosses and then finish him off, make it a couple of combats were he plays an important role, not just 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Armaleim View Post
    Seeing as he had the power to change entire continents I would expect some pretty awesome terrain effects, maybe make it an outdoors fight were he basically destroys a nice quite green valley as you fight him. Fase one with deer and rabits and apple trees, fase 2 earthquakes and erruptions and fase 3 LAVA AND DEATH!

Also it would be quite cool if instead of having 1 very long fight maybe a series of them, like round 1, then some adds/bosses and then finish him off, make it a couple of combats were he plays an important role, not just 1.
    by "fase"s you mean it will be a faceroll just like LK? yep, i think so also.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chuck Norris will randomly appear, roundhouse kick Deathwing, and the force in the roundhouse kick will bring another cataclysm to azeroth reforming all of it into a large planet resembling chucks heel imprint. And then wow will blow up, The Blizzard will die out and peace and tranquility will be restored on earth. All true, I swear on my neighbours grandfather's best friend's grandfather's uncle's grandmother's dad's grave.

Silly rambling aside, I have no idea and I wait hoping Blizz wont fuck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by overcaffeinated View Post
    I don't get why people like you feel they need to chime in and tell the OP how useless his post was. If it was that useless why did you spend your 2 minutes to craft a response instead of 2 seconds to hit your "back" button?
    I7-4770K, ASUS Maximus VI Formula, SLI EVGA GTX780Ti, AX1200, Kingston V300 240GB, watercooled!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostypwnd View Post
    Tirion will be stuck in a block of lava during the entire fight, then in the last 10% he'll pop out, 1 shot deathwing, and get all the credit for the kill.
    No..noo... Its Thrall, not Tirion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiya View Post
    And then Deathwings dad will come and say "No dragon flies forever my son!"
    hahah lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman/Cataclysmus View Post
    dude i had a terrible day today and this made me laugh my ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostypwnd View Post
    Tirion will be stuck in a block of lava during the entire fight, then in the last 10% he'll pop out, 1 shot deathwing, and get all the credit for the kill.
    and all of the sudden he realizes he is a paladin HEY! I GOT BUBBLE
    pops out and oneshot Deathwing :P

10+ Year Old Account
    please no I have enough trouble trying to keep 10 people playing properly with the occasional 25 for lols, if I had to try and get 40 people together it just wouldn't work :S

as for my idea on the fight I've gotta agree that there's no way we'll kill him all on our own. What I'm thinking is it'll be a normal fight till about 15/20% then Deathwing will enrage, fully healing himself, his armor would start to crack and his damage would increase 2/300% and just as he's about to omgwtfpwn us all the Dragonflights will show up and empower us with various buffs:
    Timewardens Favour: Increases Melee damage by 200% and Haste by 100%.
    Lifewardens Gift: Increases Mana and Health by 200%
    Dreamers Vision: Increases Healing by 200% and resource generation by 100%
    The Spellweavers Insight: Increases Magic Damage by 200% and Crit by 100% (yes that means you ALL attacks/spells/heals will crit)
    Earthwarders Embrace: Increases Armor by 200% and heals you for 20% of the damage you deal

You'd also double in size, and once you were empowered up the wazoo you would be able to fight Deathwing as equals...or can you?

one you get him down to 1% with these crazy buffs (which shouldn't take long tbh ) he rages AGAIN this time he roars stunning all the aspects and stripping the buffs from you. he starts to draw power from the area around him, but he draws too much, and his already battered armor (which iirc is the only thing keeping him in one peice) shatters and his own power rips him apart in a bitchin Cutscene. Then the aspects congratulate us on bringin him down, and Thrall ascends to become the new Earthwarden and order is restored yadda yadda yadda giefv legendary shield made from Deathwings Chin plox.

that way a) they can make an EPICLY difficult fight pre buffs, something worthy of his Lore status, and allowing Deathwing to remain a crazy powerful figure, as he was actually never killed by us mere mortals, we needed empowering from the dragonflights and still in the end Deathwing killed himself by drawing too much power.
    and b) can make a CRAZY fun Battle for Undercity style raid fight :P but not really as a fight, more as a reward for killing Deathchin, as you'd need to get him to nearly dead anyway (his health would be increased, so that even getting him down to 80/85% of his health was way more than any other boss)

then in the hard more all his damage etc would be increased, and the buffs you get from the dragonflights would be halved.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    Well, it's 10 people with supposedly impressive curricula on killing things, from Ragnaros to Arthas, and carrying weapons and wearing armor of unimaginable power. Some of them can even walk out of the fire.
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    lorewise, not even 25 people should be able to kill him unless they have every single dragon helping them and all the factions leaders and..well..u get the point..

The three guys from "The Day Deathwing Came" will be the main protagonists in deathwing's lair. Complete with smashing fist, flying motorbike (with the babes in the sidecar) and world shrinker.