Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Endus' Elemental Auras

If you've gotten here via a search, this thread is closed as the new version is a complete overhaul and the info here could be confusing. The new auras thread is here

As hinted at in my Elemental FAQ above, they're finally ready for version 1.1a.

Version 1.1a Update
    If you had downloaded 1.1, the new Lava Surge tracker was working solo, but not in party/raid. This has been fixed here. If you don't wish to re-download it, you can go to the three Lava Surge auras and uncheck "raid/party or self"; that's the only difference.

Version 1.1 Update
    Not much different, since I'm in general happy with how they're working as of 4.0.6. The changes are as follows;
    • Spiritwalker's Grace tracker is enabled by default (it isn't changed otherwise)
    • Unleash Elements tracker removed, since it's only used during movement as it is and it felt unnecessary.
    • Most significant, Power Auras has been updated and is now capable of tracking Lava Surge properly. The aura will trigger right as Lava Surge procs, not at the end of your GCD as the old tracker was forced to, as a workaround. The flame auras on either side of the HUD are now keyed to Lava Surge not LvB, and there's an additional new Lava Surge overlay for the LvB tracker as well.

Main download and hosting site is Here (Click Me!), but feel free to provide feedback or ask questions here, you'll probably get a faster response.

Endus' Elemental Auras, your one-stop Elemental tracking stop!

These auras are a pre-packaged version of Power Auras, complete with auras set up for everything an Elemental shaman needs to be aware of, in a concise and fairly minimalist package. Any comments or questions about Power Auras itself is best directed at their site here (click me!)

Screenshots are below, and right here is a Youtube clip of the mod in action, which gives you a better feel than a static image would.

Click me to enlarge (full screen size for scale)

What this package is:
    • Everything you need to effectively manage an Elemental Shaman's abilities, for Cataclysm and moving forward.
    • Relatively small in screen real estate, so it doesn't obscure your view or require you to look all over your screen for various trackers
    • Similar to the default Blizzard auras for spell tracking, for Lava Burst and Fulmination spell warnings.
    • Includes a text file to import just the aura set for existing Power Auras users who don't want it mucking up their other auras. Just import it to a blank page.
    What this package is NOT:
    • A full shaman package. It does not currently include effects for either Resto or Enhancement. I hope to add them at a later date, but the timeline is "whenever I have a free moment".
    • A full and complete tracking package. It deals only with specifically Elemental ability cooldowns. It does not include tracking for trinkets, profession abilities, or racials, or any other non-Elemental effects. These can be added by anyone who needs them, however; Power Auras is fairly easy to edit, and you can use the existing auras as templates. Again, if I get free time in the future to expand this, but I make no promises.

Important Notes
    The auras are by default set to Spec 1. If Elemental is your off spec, just open each aura and manually switch the checkmarks at the bottom.

How To Install
    If you do not have Power Auras installed:

Step 1> Open the WTF folder in the package, open Account, replace "ACCOUNTNAME" with your account name (whatever it was prior to your battle.net e-mail, check your own WTF if you need to)

Step 2> Enter that folder, rename REALMNAME to your realm name.

Step 3> Enter that folder, rename CHARACTERNAME to your Shaman character's name.

Step 4> Move back out to the main EEA folder.

Step 5> Copy both the WTF and the Interface folders into your main WoW directory.

If you already have Power Auras installed;

Step 1> Open the "EEA Import File", hit CTRL+A to select all, and hit CTRL+C to copy the code.

Step 2> Load up WoW, enter the game on your shaman, type /powa to bring up the configuration window.

Step 3> Go to an empty aura page (the first, if you don't have any set up), click "import set", and press CTRL+V to paste the code into the box. It won't look like it's all there, but it is.

Step 4> Click "accept", and you're done!

I'm going to post separately here, with the sole purpose of also promoting Bone's Epic Power Auras (BEPA), as an alternative. The two are admittedly similar in many ways, mostly because they're both based on Power Auras, but mine are a different enough aesthetic that I felt they were worth posting. Bone's set seems to be more spread out and comprehensive, whereas I went for a more streamlined and trim approach. Neither is 'right' or 'wrong', they're entirely personal preference.

Or, by all means, get inspired by either or both, and make up your own set of auras. That's one of the greatest things about Power Auras; it is vastly flexible and changeable.
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-02-27 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The auras are by default set to Spec 1. If Elemental is your off spec, just open each aura and manually switch the checkmarks at the bottom.
    Hello i just downloaded your powerauras to test it, i have 2nd spec ele, tried to switch the checkmarks to Spec 2 but it dont save my changes ...

This is a really nice assortment for power auras, I'll definitely be using these for my ele offspec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaya View Post
    Hello i just downloaded your powerauras to test it, i have 2nd spec ele, tried to switch the checkmarks to Spec 2 but it dont save my changes ...
    That's . . . odd.

I just re-installed from the addon, and it's working fine for me. Make sure you tick the "spec 2" box, uncheck "spec 1", for each of the auras, and then close the config down, then open it back up. Power Auras sometimes get squirrely for strange reasons, and sometimes the changes don't show properly until you beat it into submission.

If that doesn't work, try a /reloadui. Beyond that, it sounds like an issue with Power Auras itself, rather than my setup; you'd be better off going straight to the source; I'm not associated with the project and all credit for the addon itself is theirs.

Deleted
    Added to stickied thread.

cant find the code your refering to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second link, where it says "Here (click me!)". Click that. Takes you to the Wowinterface page with the download.

awesome power endus i love them and will continue to use them

Deleted
    heyho first thanks for this

my problem is that when targeting a dummy or sth everything that happens is that a few icons show up in red ( if i click on test everything shows up normal)
    also in the middle of the screen there is a red triangle with a red exclamation mark in it ( does look like an error message)

how i installed
    - i downloaded and installed powa
    - copied your code as told in your instruction

i got a german client if this makes any differnce ( but i alrdy tried 2 fill in the german names of spells)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Montromarth View Post
    heyho first thanks for this

my problem is that when targeting a dummy or sth everything that happens is that a few icons show up in red ( if i click on test everything shows up normal)
    also in the middle of the screen there is a red triangle with a red exclamation mark in it ( does look like an error message)

how i installed
    - i downloaded and installed powa
    - copied your code as told in your instruction

i got a german client if this makes any differnce ( but i alrdy tried 2 fill in the german names of spells)
    Make sure you get the names of the spells correct; that's what PA uses to detect a buff/CD. However, things showing up in red is intended; that's what shows you a "negative" condition to correct; red FS means the target isn't debuffed with it, red LvB means the spell is on CD, red totem tracker means you have no fire totem up, etc.

The red triangle ! means you don't have Flametongue Weapon on your weapon.

If that's not the behaviour you're seeing, it's definitely because the names are off. I haven't played the German client, but make sure you use the names exactly.

Deleted
    Any ideea why your power auras make huge fps laggs in raids? In dungeos or any other places its fine but in 25 raid, fps went down from 60 to 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed any FPS issue in any raids, and I've been using Power Auras for years. 25-man raids have certain other issues due to the amount of stuff going on; they can cause some FPS issues if your GPU or CPU aren't up to par (mine chugs a bit), but it shouldn't be due to Power Auras.

In any case, even if it is the auras, this is best asked of the people who wrote the Power Auras addon, all this is is a pre-packaged version of my own auras; I have nothing to do with Power Auras Classic writing or tech support.

Hey, everything works and everything is set up, but.....
    The CD's timers only work about 1/2 the time. What I mean is that sometimes the things will just pop up, but the timers wont work. Is there a solution to this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed that myself, but I'll take a look. Are there any specific timers you notice this happening on? I know I've never had issues with the shorter CDs, like Lava Burst and Flame Shock, at least; I use those consistently to time things. The EM CD is set (or at least, should be, that may be a tweak I did after posting them) to NOT show the cooldown timer until after the buff is gone, it should show the timer on the buff until then.

There IS an issue with the Heroism timer. I don't have it configured for Time Warp or whatever the hunter pet version is, yet. I've been busy with a bunch of other things, and don't have a time frame, but that's high on my priority for if/when I get around to updating. As it stands, I can't guarantee that I'll be doing a lot of regular updates, though if a patch breaks them I'll definitely update at that point.

When I get into combat, the timers dont pop up right away, or sometimes, at all.

---------- Post added 2011-02-06 at 09:42 AM ----------

Here is what im talking about:

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy huge image, Batman.

I see the issue, and to be blunt, I have no idea how that's happening. Something's causing PA to not work properly, and I haven't seen this behaviour at all on my own system.

I'll see if I can replicate it with a download and import, but if not, you might be better off asking the folks at power auras about what could conflict with it.

In the meantime, if you read this before I get back here, did you import these into an existing Power Auras setup, or install the full package from my download? If it's an older version of Power Auras, that MIGHT cause the issue. It might also mean there's some conflicts with pre-existing auras if you already had it installed and running.

Edit: Just got back on, re-imported my addons from the .zip package, and they worked fine. I'm honestly not sure what the issue is with your setup, but it appears to be an issue with Power Auras itself rather than my package.
    Last edited by Endus; 2011-02-06 at 05:39 PM.

hmm....does it have something to do with ele being my main spec, but in my SECONDARY spot? I changed the settings to 2nd spec only and yeah..hmmm..

Also this is weird...I go into a raid with it on, Enter combat, LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, 1st kill target dies, THEN before I target the next one, it starts working and my fps goes back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, never seen anything like that myself. It could be a conflict with power auras and another addon, but I've never seen anything that caused lag like that. It could be another addon causing it, too.

Deleted
    Hello there, I have just downloaded "power auras". And it seems like it ain't working . I've been trying to turn off other addons (like elementarist). But nothing seems to work. Do i have to turn it on somewhere or something like that? The only thing it shows is Elemental Mastery when i use a Flame Shock and it dissappears after 2 seconds. So i would like to get it working since it looks kinda awesome and helpful, and i bet it's something like that, that will boost my dps just a bit
    Thanks
    -Virch, Elemental Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virch View Post
    Hello there, I have just downloaded "power auras". And it seems like it ain't working . I've been trying to turn off other addons (like elementarist). But nothing seems to work. Do i have to turn it on somewhere or something like that? The only thing it shows is Elemental Mastery when i use a Flame Shock and it dissappears after 2 seconds. So i would like to get it working since it looks kinda awesome and helpful, and i bet it's something like that, that will boost my dps just a bit
    Thanks
    -Virch, Elemental Shaman.
    If Elemental is your secondary spec, you need to manually switch the flag at the bottom of each aura; check the box that says "spec 2".

If that's not it, you'd be better off asking the folks who make and maintain Power Auras; this is just a specific configuration of the addon, I'm not on their development team.