10+ Year Old Account

Holy Word: Chastise ( AGAIN)

I am using the exact same macro, and I also have the original spell on my action bar just like before.. and it says "spell not learned."
    Halp.

I'm getting the same issue as well when binding that spell in Clique. I haven't had any time to test it out, but I wan't to see what happens when I call the exact Holy Word spell in the macro, rather than selecting the Holy Word: Chastise spell in Clique.

lol this is exactly the reason why i dont feel like going holy right now. i say give it some time and we will see some awesome macro written to fix the holy word issue

Yo, I just heard that the Blizzard Technical support started working for Mmochampion also.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    Yo, I just heard that the Blizzard Technical support started working for Mmochampion also.
    Being a jerk isn't healping anyone nor is it witty
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I'm getting this right, but are you guys trying to cast chastise while you're in a chackra state (with revelations talented)? Looking at the tooltip for the talent that doesn't seem like its supposed to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Feriluce View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm getting this right, but are you guys trying to cast chastise while you're in a chackra state (with revelations talented)? Looking at the tooltip for the talent that doesn't seem like its supposed to be possible.
    When logically looking at it, you're right, it is not suppose to work. In 4.0.1, I\we were able to assign a mouse button in Clique to Holy Word: Chastise and would be able to cast the altered version of it depending on what Chakra state you were in. With 4.0.3, this is no longer the case, but I haven't raided or logged in lasting more than 10 minutes on my priest in a while, so I haven't had the chance to test out just macro'ing the actual names of the spells (Holy Word: Sanctuary\Holy Word: Serenity) instead of the Holy Word: Chastise. This might prove to be more successful in theory since you'd be actually calling on the current spell name rather than the non-Chakra name. If anyone has the time, I'd be interested to hear about your results.

Deleted
    I haven't got that, but my chakra keeps bugging with it ><

Wish they'd fix chakra and chastise.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    lol!

Similar problems exist with Pyroblast/Pyroblast! and Moonfire/Sunfire. The new tech that lets spells change into other spells is still kinda iffy. I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any offhand.

I think this is kinda like the Trap Launcher macro problem that hunters had.
    They'd hit the Trap Launcher button, and all their trap spells would light up. Problems arose with that because there is a different version/spell of the trap that can be launced, even though it has the same name, and this made the macro fail.
    An easy example of what I'm trying to say is a Fire mage can proc an intant pyroblast, the spell changes from "Pyroblast" to "Pyroblast!"

Maybe something like this is happened to priests

edit: late as usual, see above
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamyyl View Post
    An easy example of what I'm trying to say is a Fire mage can proc an intant pyroblast, the spell changes from "Pyroblast" to "Pyroblast!"

Maybe something like this is happened to priests
    You can still cast the regular "Pyroblast" when you get the proc, and it's instant cast, but since the non-! version isn't normally instant cast, you can't do it while moving. Kinda weird. But, generally, in PVE, since you're not casting normal Pyroblast too oftenever, you're safe just using "Pyroblast!" in a macro and always using that for the proc, and leaving the normal Pyroblast spell on your bars somewhere in case you want to start a fight off with a long-casted Pyroblast or something.

I don't think they bug-checked the spell-changing tech too much in Beta. Seems like this sort of stuff would have been dealt with.

Clique doesn't work if you just bind Holy Word: Chastise. I am hoping something changes so that it will be possible to just bind it through Clique, but as of right now it doesn't. I just decided to keybind Holy Word: Chastise and use it that way. I don't like it, but it works for now. I'm sure making a macro with the correct spell name for your Chakra state would work also.