New Spellsounds.

I just tested my Arms specc for my warrior, and noticed that Mortal strike, rend, overpower share the same sound, and its the same sound as the Rogues Ambush. What's up with that? Not only does it sound HORRIBLE, utterly HORRIBLE, it makes the classes more similar and boring.

I loved the sound of my axe cleaving into another player, now i can't stand playing him because of the sounds of my 2 most used spells.

Anyone agree? And is there a way to revert to the old sounds, or have an addon that makes new sounds or something?

I might come off as whiny, and it might not be a big issue for someone, but the sound of a character/class is a deciding factor for me, just like appearence. Reason i hate arcane on mages is due to the lame sounds, fire packs a bigger oomph.

I'm pretty sure thats a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play with music instead?

"You know your good when you feel the need to make fun of people in heroics, Tough guy."

Quote Originally Posted by Halpas View Post
    Play with music instead?
    This is the moment where Gibbs (Mark Harmon: NCIS) would come up and slap you in the back of the head and say "There! can you hear that now, or should I turn it up some more?" then DiNozzo would problem laugh at you and he'd get slapped, too.
    Last edited by Miles Tails Prower; 2010-12-04 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halpas View Post
    Play with music instead?
    You can have music and sound effects on at the same time...

Yeah, it's the same sound as 'Mangle' from Druids -- I've been hearin' it too much lately....
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

So it's a known bug that will be hotfixed shortly?

I miss the old lightning sound effect from my Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasertorsk View Post
    So it's a known bug that will be hotfixed shortly?
    They probably can't hotfix sounds. Hotfixes change things server-side; sound files are stored in the client. Don't expect it to be fixed until the next patch at least.